From a Hokie

Hey I just wanted to extend a welcome in advance. I know its more than a month away, but its never too early to start thinking about a game like this right? I wish I could have made it to last year's game, but had a family obligation. Everything I heard from fellow Hokies was positive though, most calling it the best road game they have ever been to and labeling Husker fans as the best they ever tailgated with. I'm sure you are used to hearing that, but figured you probably never get tired of hearing about your positive reputation. I have read your discussions on the VT game so I won't ask you anymore questions regarding that.

I have seen Huskers post here and there about questions regarding tailgating, hotels, tickets, etc, so if you have any of those questions ask and I'll do my best to respond. Also, I was thinking about renting out my apartment the Friday and Saturday of the game weekend for those Huskers who couldn't find a hotel nearby and I was trying to gauge the interest. Its a townhouse with parking, located within walking distance of the downtown bars, and the stadium (can probably get about four in there). Can't help you out with tickets, but if your past is any indication I think you will find a way to get your hands on some.

Anyway, looking forward to reading your thoughts over the next month or so. Hope to see you guys in Blacksburg and I hope that we can be half the hosts you were for us.

Hey I just wanted to extend a welcome in advance. I know its more than a month away, but its never too early to start thinking about a game like this right? I wish I could have made it to last year's game, but had a family obligation. Everything I heard from fellow Hokies was positive though, most calling it the best road game they have ever been to and labeling Husker fans as the best they ever tailgated with. I'm sure you are used to hearing that, but figured you probably never get tired of hearing about your positive reputation. I have read your discussions on the VT game so I won't ask you anymore questions regarding that.

I have seen Huskers post here and there about questions regarding tailgating, hotels, tickets, etc, so if you have any of those questions ask and I'll do my best to respond. Also, I was thinking about renting out my apartment the Friday and Saturday of the game weekend for those Huskers who couldn't find a hotel nearby and I was trying to gauge the interest. Its a townhouse with parking, located within walking distance of the downtown bars, and the stadium (can probably get about four in there). Can't help you out with tickets, but if your past is any indication I think you will find a way to get your hands on some.

Anyway, looking forward to reading your thoughts over the next month or so. Hope to see you guys in Blacksburg and I hope that we can be half the hosts you were for us.

Wow. How great to have a solid representative of the Hokie nation on this board. I have been on other Husker boards and the Hokie fans we have there have almost made me embarrassed of being a Hokie. I think most of you visiting Blacksburg in September will experience true fans like hokiestudent. Win or lose, I know you will feel welcome in Blacksburg. As he/she suggests, feel free to contact us should you have questions about your visit. The three days I spent in Lincoln last year were almost unreal in terms of hospitality. In the ACC I have only experienced that kind of kindness at Clemson (did you hear that Killer Cacti?). September 19th can't get here soon enough!!!!

Wow. How great to have a solid representative of the Hokie nation on this board. I have been on other Husker boards and the Hokie fans we have there have almost made me embarrassed of being a Hokie. I think most of you visiting Blacksburg in September will experience true fans like hokiestudent. Win or lose, I know you will feel welcome in Blacksburg. As he/she suggests, feel free to contact us should you have questions about your visit. The three days I spent in Lincoln last year were almost unreal in terms of hospitality. In the ACC I have only experienced that kind of kindness at Clemson (did you hear that Killer Cacti?). September 19th can't get here soon enough!!!!

Thanks bud. Backatcha!

Man, Hokiestudent I really wish we could make it out there, but, unfortunately we are blowing our vacation cash on a trip to Bristol for the night race in a couple of weeks (which isn't really unfortunate, but, you get my point!). Anyway, welcome to the board, and thanks for the kind words.

Don't sweat it, Hokieluv. I think we got a pretty good idea what you guys are like last year when you came over. Lots of good folks, really friendly and knowledgeable and gracious in victory. I expect to hear great things from friends going to Blacksburg this year. If I can win the lottery between now and then I'll be there.

Loud & clear.

Loud & clear.

he's trying to bribe you, be careful.

Loud & clear.

he's trying to bribe you, be careful.

Nah...we take pride down here in providing a great college football atmosphere for both our fans and our visitors. Nothing but respect.