Cody Green

Ok, that is where I was going. If he is so good or Lee and Washington are so bad, it would be foolish to redshirt him especially if he didn't want to be redshirted.

As far as Florida and the crimes, it specifically states that it wasn't 24 different players or even 24 different arrests. It was just 24 instances. Heck, how many have we had. I don't keep track. Plus, about a third of these players either transferred or were suspended and never came back to the team. Hasn't Iowa had a large run of "instances"? I wouldn't exactly say their team is performing stellar. Every team out there has instances. It doesn't in anyway show that we need to be recruiting criminals if we want to be competitive.

No but I got the implication from your post that Florida was running a very clean, and by clean I simply mean trouble free, program. If you didn't mean to imply that then ok, but I still think that is clearly not the case. Every major program has these issues, it isn't like you go out and try to recruit those types but if they have extraordinary talent I think certain indicators get overlooked. Talent trumps all, heck look at OU the last two years. The young man who held a knife to his GF's neck still enrolled this year.

I used Florida because they were last year's NC's. I could have used a lot of the top 10 teams from a year ago because I don't recall any of them having an abnormal amount of legal problems. Every major program does have these issues. The point I was trying to make rather is that players don't have to be criminals to have talent and be able to play. Every team does have its fair share of legal issues. Why in the heck would we go out and try to recruit players that would enhance those issues?