Cody Green

I pretty much agree with most the views on this thread...I'm just tired of seeing the same things repeated.

So...(I'll try to look at another side).

I think the decision whether to redshirt or not should be up to CG.

I don't expect him to get much playing time this season or maybe even next season...But we're all probably going to have to start adjusting our thoughts (paradyme?) of getting a full four years out of these guys...Maybe not so much at the QB position, but the best kids these days are leaving early for the NFL a lot more often than they used to.

It'd really suck if he redshirted, then left early for the NFL.

Cody Green is your starting QB before the end of the season, and yes he is that good

Oh I have no doubt he is "that good."

I also know that true freshman only play, as a general rule, when there is a dire need at a position.

I'm certainly not against C. Green playing this year and skipping the redshirt. However, if he does play and skips the redshirt season, then I hope he plays quite a bit to make it worthwhile.

All things considered though...with the depth we have at QB...Green redshirts.

Cody Green is your starting QB before the end of the season, and yes he is that good

Will Compton is "that good" too, and he rode the pine all season long, because we didn't have a terrible need at the position. With three QBs, two of whom are supposed to be pretty darned good, there's no way we put 2014 ahead of 2009.

They almost pulled Compton's redshirt off at least once during a tense game, then cooler heads prevailed.

Yeah, I remember Carl talking about that on local TV after the season. It would have been a mistake, and it would be a mistake to burn Green's redshirt, too.

As of right now, I would take Lee as my starting QB over any of the others, and it's not even close.

Don't underestimate him. I'm telling you!

Michael I completely agree with you. I really think Lee will be a special player for us over the next 2 years. I mean heck, he was also a very highly rated 4 Star prospect who can run and throw just like Green. Why rush to get Green on the field when we have a budding star in Lee?

After thinking about it, we need to do what Green wants to do. If we want any chance of snagging his little bro, we've got to keep him happy. If he wants to burn his shirt, so be it. I still remember playing Newcombe as a true frosh. He played a few plays here and there as WR. It's up to Green. Personally, I'd prefer he redshirt.

After thinking about it, we need to do what Green wants to do. If we want any chance of snagging his little bro, we've got to keep him happy. If he wants to burn his shirt, so be it. I still remember playing Newcombe as a true frosh. He played a few plays here and there as WR. It's up to Green. Personally, I'd prefer he redshirt.

Aaron Green is the younger brother of the DB Andrew Green, he is not related to Cody Green.

After thinking about it, we need to do what Green wants to do. If we want any chance of snagging his little bro, we've got to keep him happy.

It's never what the kid wants to do. It's what's best for the team, and that is decided by the coaches, not an individual player.

:yeah

I remember when Frazier went to TO and said play me or I'm transferring. It's not up to the kid? I also remember Clownahan going to Beck and asking him what he wanted to do. These kids aren't under contract. Of course it's up to what the kid wants to do. I didn't realize NU football was a dictatorship.

Pat Witt ring a bell?

I remember when Frazier went to TO and said play me or I'm transferring. It's not up to the kid? I also remember Clownahan going to Beck and asking him what he wanted to do. These kids aren't under contract. Of course it's up to what the kid wants to do. I didn't realize NU football was a dictatorship.

True, Cody may try to force the hand if he feels like he should be playing but I am not sure it get him what he wants at NU. Tommie Frasier was a very very special athelete and playing in a system that he could contribute to fairly early. Cody Green is talented, but Watson's offense isn't for the faint of heart. Besides if he isn't happy he can transfer and loose a year of eligibility. I think Bo will make the best choice for the program regardless of what Green wants, if that means Cody leaves then so be it.

Frazier came in as a freshman and played his hand. I'm sure had Grant been playing lights out Frazier wouldn't have started the rest of the year and would have transferred. I can see the same thing happening this year. If Lee goes out there and plays sub par like Grant did, Green could play his hand or force his hand. At the end of the day, it's quite simple. These are college kids. If they think they're ready and willing to give up their redshirt year, there's little the coaches can do about it. If Green is willing to burn his shirt for mop up duty or whatever, then that's probably what will happen. Just as it was already pointed out. It will really suck if he redshirts and then leaves after his redshirt sophomore year for the NFL.

Frazier came in as a freshman and played his hand. I'm sure had Grant been playing lights out Frazier wouldn't have started the rest of the year and would have transferred. I can see the same thing happening this year. If Lee goes out there and plays sub par like Grant did, Green could play his hand or force his hand. At the end of the day, it's quite simple. These are college kids. If they think they're ready and willing to give up their redshirt year, there's little the coaches can do about it. If Green is willing to burn his shirt for mop up duty or whatever, then that's probably what will happen. Just as it was already pointed out. It will really suck if he redshirts and then leaves after his redshirt sophomore year for the NFL.

Mike Grant got hurt, some kind of shoulder injury I believe. That's why Tommie Frazier was able to step in. And, if I recall correctly TO had Coach Gill lobbying for Frazier-which never hurts.

Did Frazier threaten to transfer? Don't know and don't care.

The part in green...players do not run the team. The coaches do. And, the fastest way for a coach to lose control of his team is to let the players make the decisions.