Top 10 Plays In Memorial Stadium History

If a highlight video were played before the Louisiana Lafayette game, what do you guys think would be the 10 plays to make the video?

Here are mine

10. Bounce pass vs OU in 1982. Gill literally bounced the ball in lateral to Fryar, off the turf, into Fryar's hands, and Fryar launched a TD pass to TE Mitch Krenk.

9. Roger Craig 94 yard touchdown run against Florida State in 1981.

8. Will Shields "fumbleroosky" touchdown against Colorado in the Halloween massacre in 1992. Believe it is the last time we ran that play.

7. Ken Clark 73 yard touchdown run on first play against Barry Sanders and Okie State in 1988. Broke several tackles - and one of Kent Pavelka's best calls.

6. Swift's TD catch vs Baylor in 2008, to surpass Johnny Rodgers on the all time reception list.

5. Brandon Jackson's touchdown run against Texas in 2006.

4. Mike Rozier touchdown run against UCLA in 1983.

3. John Ruud (not Tom) hit on Kelly Phelps on kickoff against Oklahoma in 1978.

2. Alex Henery field goal against Colorado in 2008.

1. Eric Crouch touchdown catch on Mike Stuntz pass against Oklahoma in 2001.

If a highlight video were played before the Louisiana Lafayette game, what do you guys think would be the 10 plays to make the video?

Here are mine

10. Bounce pass vs OU in 1982. Gill literally bounced the ball in lateral to Fryar, off the turf, into Fryar's hands, and Fryar launched a TD pass to TE Mitch Krenk.

9. Roger Craig 94 yard touchdown run against Florida State in 1981.

8. Will Shields "fumbleroosky" touchdown against Colorado in the Halloween massacre in 1992. Believe it is the last time we ran that play.

7. Ken Clark 73 yard touchdown run on first play against Barry Sanders and Okie State in 1988. Broke several tackles - and one of Kent Pavelka's best calls.

6. Swift's TD catch vs Baylor in 2008, to surpass Johnny Rodgers on the all time reception list.

5. Brandon Jackson's touchdown run against Texas in 2006.

4. Mike Rozier touchdown run against UCLA in 1983.

3. John Ruud (not Tom) hit on Kelly Phelps on kickoff against Oklahoma in 1978.

2. Alex Henery field goal against Colorado in 2008.

1. Eric Crouch touchdown catch on Mike Stuntz pass against Oklahoma in 2001.

Jay Barry's big run to put NU away in 1991.

Here are mine

Minor quibble, it was about a 34 yard gain, but no TD. Still a top 10er, easily. I also really liked Strasburger's interception to seal the game.

Crouch's run against Missouri

wasn't that in columbia?

I'm sure Crouch had a carry or 2 against Mizzou in Lincoln. ;) But the run I'm guessing you're talking about was indeed in Columbia.

I saw this post and couldn't think of many "memorable" plays in Lincoln. It seems most of the best plays I remember were either on the road (the aforementioned Crouch run, the "flea-kicker", Rogers in the '71 OU game) or in a bowl (fumble-rooskie in the '84 OB, Tommie's run against UF, either of Schlesinger's runs against Miami).

I'm sad to say I've only been to 1 Husker home game - '94 vs. Okie State. Most memorable play from that game - botched extra point, with the holder throwing a 2 point conversion to the kicker - FJM favorite Darin Erstad.

Here are mine

Minor quibble, it was about a 34 yard gain, but no TD. Still a top 10er, easily. I also really liked Strasburger's interception to seal the game.

I thought that was against Mizzery, but I could be mistaken. I was only 8 hahaha

Can I nominate Eric Bienemy's 4th TD of the 4th quarter in some of the nastiest weather in Lincoln in 1990?

No.

Well that's no fun...lol

I still have horrid memories of watching that game. That was the "I Love You" game for Kenny Walker, the Senior Day send off for him. Giving up 4 TD's in the 4th QTR to Bienemy was like getting punched in the stomach.