Baylor game

I'm thinking about going down to Waco for the Baylor game with several family members.

Anyone know when tickets will be available? I assume I can get them through the NU ticket office.

Any of you who have gone down to Baylor before, is it best to fly into Dallas and then drive to Waco?

Thanks

Tickets for Baylor have been on sale for about two weeks now. You can find them directly through the Baylor ticket office.

As for flying in to Dallas, it would save a lot of travel time, but you would also need to rent a car to make the 1 1/2 hour drive to Waco. Given the price of gas, you may not save much money by driving.

Either way, I hope you all make the trip, because I would love to turn Floyd Casey into a sea of red on Halloween. Let's make it happen Huskers!

I'm thinking about going down to Waco for the Baylor game with several family members.

Anyone know when tickets will be available? I assume I can get them through the NU ticket office.

Any of you who have gone down to Baylor before, is it best to fly into Dallas and then drive to Waco?

Thanks

Nu might have tickets available but our alumni society in Houston bought them from the Baylor ticket office at $40 a pop. We have 90 ish people going from the Houston area.

Dallas is ok, would also try Austin- depending on cost from your location and cost of flight. Southwest is having a huge one day sale today only. Driving distance is generally about the same, maybe shorter from Austin.

The area around the Baylor stadium is not very safe after dark, pick a hotel along the interstate or close to it. There are 2 bars within walking distance to the stadium so plan on going somewhere else after the game. baylor has homecoming that weekend.

Hope you enjoy the trip.

I flew into Dallas, rented a car, and drove to Austin for the TX game. Waco is 90 miles north of Austin and about 90 miles south of the DFW metroplex so it is not a bad drive if you get better airfares flying in there. You will need a car anyway as Waco is spread out.

There is one nice hotel in downtown Waco as part of their convention center and several restaurants/bars are within walking distance. Otherwise, the suggestion to find a hotel on the interstate is good advice.

You can drive to Waco in about 11 hours. Not a lot of scenery on the way, but it's a pleasant enough drive. Assuming you're heading from Omaha (admittedly quite an assumption), don't drive through KC. Head south from York NE to Wichita KS and then hit 35 there. I can give you more details about where to stop and walk around if you get serious about driving. I drive to San Antonio a couple of times a year to see my family. My Blackshirts flags get a workout through KS and OK.

Got my tickets TODAY for the game in Waco. Actually found them on Craig's list for $40 per. Now the battle begins with my wife.......

"What do you mean you're going to Waco?" ....."um, well I bought tickets back in August?"....."Well what about Halloween and the kids?"....."Well make sure they get enough Snickers for me".......