Bengals waive Marlon Lucky

Apathy

Read it this morning and was really bummed out about the news. I was watching the Hard Knock training camp with the Bengals last night on HBO and saw Marlon during the Bengals Black vs White scrimmage game. Lucky was sitting on the bench wearing a #30 white jersey and was listening to the coach give him instructions. Hopefully Lucky will sign on as a free agent with somebody else.

Joe Reedy reported today that the Bengals waived college free agent signings Marlon Lucky, a former Cornhusker tailback, and San Jose State wide receiver David Richmond. Neither of these guys were particularly likely to make the team, as the Bengals are fairly stocked at both wide receiver and running back. Lucky had two carries for 15 yards on Thursday night in New England, and Richmond did not manage to get any playing time in the preseason. That tells us that these guys were simply long shots to make the roster.

I also read this about Purify:

As for the WR position, I think the top five guys are pretty obvious at this point. Guys battling for a roster spot will be Freddie Brown, Greg Orton, Maurice Purify, and Quan Cosby. Cosby has gotten an extended look at Punt Returner this summer with Antoine Chatman sidelined with his latest, newest, and most improved injury.

As for Brown, Orton, and Purify, only Purify has any catches so far this preseason, hauling in two passes for 19 yards. I see all of these guys as long shots to make the roster unless they show that they can really contribute on kick or punt coverage. We might see some of these names on the practice squad.

Purfiy looks like he's getting looks but it sounds like he's got to be more physical and hopefully they give him a shot.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2009/8/22/99879...lege-free-agent

I wonder if Lucky is second guessing his decision to return for his Senior year when you consider it wasn't nearly as stellar as his Junior year.

It really matters not. he was in camp, showed what he had... and is gone. Not too surprising. Marlon was a fine college player --- glad he was a Husker. He is, however, not NFL material. that said, I wish him well in all he does --- if he approaches other avenues like he did football --- with grit, determination and poise --- he'll succeed. Just not in the NFL.

Read it this morning and was really bummed out about the news. I was watching the Hard Knock training camp with the Bengals last night on HBO and saw Marlon during the Bengals Black vs White scrimmage game. Lucky was sitting on the bench wearing a #30 white jersey and was listening to the coach give him instructions. Hopefully Lucky will sign on as a free agent with somebody else.

Joe Reedy reported today that the Bengals waived college free agent signings Marlon Lucky, a former Cornhusker tailback, and San Jose State wide receiver David Richmond. Neither of these guys were particularly likely to make the team, as the Bengals are fairly stocked at both wide receiver and running back. Lucky had two carries for 15 yards on Thursday night in New England, and Richmond did not manage to get any playing time in the preseason. That tells us that these guys were simply long shots to make the roster.

I also read this about Purify:

As for the WR position, I think the top five guys are pretty obvious at this point. Guys battling for a roster spot will be Freddie Brown, Greg Orton, Maurice Purify, and Quan Cosby. Cosby has gotten an extended look at Punt Returner this summer with Antoine Chatman sidelined with his latest, newest, and most improved injury.

As for Brown, Orton, and Purify, only Purify has any catches so far this preseason, hauling in two passes for 19 yards. I see all of these guys as long shots to make the roster unless they show that they can really contribute on kick or punt coverage. We might see some of these names on the practice squad.

Purfiy looks like he's getting looks but it sounds like he's got to be more physical and hopefully they give him a shot.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2009/8/22/99879...lege-free-agent

That would be so awesome for him... he really is a pleasant guy, very humble. I remember meeting him at fan day the first year he came to Nebraska and when I thanked him for coming to Nebraska he was speechless and just gave his big smile... and his autograph.

GO MO!!! I will never forget his catch over A&M!! That helped save the North title that year... :clap