Cody Green #2 QB

Crud. I guess I'm going to have to eat my underwear now. I vowed repeatedly in the spring that if Green didn't redshirt, I would eat my underwear.

I'm just glad I didn't vow to eat your underwear, too.

Guess I'll have to reconsider my opinion about Green only seeing the field in the event of an emergency. But there's still over a week to go and anything can happen. It's shaping up to be a very interesting year.

I just hope we can keep these guys healthy. A couple of injuries could turn this into a not-so-great year.

This could go either way if the #2 is Green does that mean he is that good or is the Depth that weak? I am a Watson fan so I figure that Green is that good. I hope we are able to leave Green on the Bench this year and start his game time. My logic is that if Green saves a Redshirt than we have a great year because Zac succeeds and Green starts seeing his time next year. If we see Green than I think we will be bummed out at the circumstances that lead upto his appearance. What happens after such an appearance may be cool but I hope we don't have to find out.

It's hard to decide what the best course of action would be; save his talent and put in LT or someone else and cut our losses for the year - or burn his redshirt early to give him playing time and experience in case Lee is injured later on.

If they're going to plan on burning it anyway, they had better get him some quality reps in games to justify it. The last few years our backups have gotten squat, and it's got us into a little mess with lack of experience now.

About the only thing that I admire about Pinkel was the way he played Booger early and often for Smith, prepping him to take over when Smith graduated.

Agreed. But then he Pinkel'd it up - how much PT did Gabbert get last year? Hint: His participation and stats aren't leaps and bounds better than Lee's.

When Tommie went down in '94 my first thought was, "Oh F...", but Berringer came in an we didn't skip a beat. Then BB went down and we started the "Turminator" and he, a home grown Nebraska walk on kept the ship on course. All we need is for the stars the align themselves again.

T_O_B

Fixed it for ya! GBR!