JGS30 Big 12 Predictions

JGS30

Alright kids, I'm gonna keep this shirt and sweet. Here is the final order of finish for the Big 12 North & South:

North:

Kansas 9-3 (5-3) Losses to Texas, OU and TT

Nebraska 8-4 (5-3) Losses to VT, OU, KU & Baylor

Colorado

Missouri

KSU

Iowa State

Here's to an exciting 2009 College Football Season! Enjoy!

:clap

You're picking Kansas again to win the North this year? Man good luck.

Cuz you'll have egg on your face if they dont.

It didn't bother him last year when he said they'd go 10-2.

Alright kids, I'm gonna keep this shirt and sweet. Here is the final order of finish for the Big 12 North & South:

North:

Colorado

Missouri

KSU

Iowa State

If that's the case, I prefer my eggs over easy please. :clap

North:

Colorado

Missouri

KSU

Iowa State

Husker Josh is still mad at me because he got served in a debate we had last year. Speaking of....where's your predictions Josh? none? That's what I figured. :box

What I can gather about reading this thread is that really no one in the north is afraid of anyone else in the north, meaning that there really is no consensus stud of the division. NU fans believe that they can win the north, KU fans believe they can win the north, MU fans believe they can win the north, I believe CU can win the north, and Cy believes ISU is guranteed to win the Big 12. The only ones alone in the dark appear to be KSU people...lol

I hate to tell you this, but KU or NU is winnin' the North. I say 80% or better it is one of those 2 teams...

North:

Colorado

Missouri

KSU

Iowa State

I picked 8 or 9 wins last year, and MU to win the North, which they did. THis year, I am picking KU or Maybe NU. I think we may beat and still not get it, but we will see. As for JGS30, there were some crazy homer picks for the Huskers last year and in yuears before, I just don't spend so much time callin it out. It is an NU board, and I am not a dweller...

I worry much more about Mizery than I do any of the other North teams.

Really?

Remember how Mizzou was with Pinkel before Chase Daniel and their offense specially made for him by their offensive coordinator(who is also gone)?

I mean, they might end up being decent, but until I see them prove they can sustain their recent success... Pinkel is still Pinkel to me.

brad smith burned nebraska before daniel.

just saying.

Those far less able, but Mangino coached teams, owned ol' Brad. I hope your new coaches learn about the magic of adjustments...

Really?

Remember how Mizzou was with Pinkel before Chase Daniel and their offense specially made for him by their offensive coordinator(who is also gone)?

I mean, they might end up being decent, but until I see them prove they can sustain their recent success... Pinkel is still Pinkel to me.

just saying.

Ok ya got me there. He did get us a couple of times.

With the same offense as they run now...

Is that the same offense that put up a whopping 3 points against a 5-6 Nebraska team in '04? ;)

Look, all I'm saying is that I'm not going to lose any sleep over Mizzou until they give me a reason to worry. Maybe I could have said it in a less condescending way...

Everyone seems to be caught up in all of the X's and O's. Forget about replacing Ganz, the WR's, losing Lucky and Castille for a moment. What are the coaches saying? NU's coaches seem to be a pretty plain-spoken bunch, right? It seems to be a general consensus among the coaches that this year's team is much further along at this point than last year's team. I don't know about you, but what I take away from that is that even with all the losses due to graduation and dismissal, the staff is telling us that NU is fielding a SIGNIFICANTLY better team at the beginning of this year than they did last year--especially between the ears.

With that in mind, you have to ask how much better (if at all) are the rest of the teams that NU will be facing? Will they be stepping up their collective games as well? If Nebraska continues to build on its finish from last season--and this pragmatic bunch of coaches don't seem to be hinting at anything otherwise, everyone might be very surprised as to how far this year's group goes. Call me a homer--and I am, but even with the losses in skill positions, I think that they'll be noticeably improved on both ends of the ball. Remember Pelini's irritated response to the South superiority comment. He may have tipped his hand a little bit there.

North:

Colorado

Missouri

KSU

Iowa State

Husker Josh is still mad at me because he got served in a debate we had last year. Speaking of....where's your predictions Josh? none? That's what I figured. :box

Served? Are you 15? And are you kidding? You spent the preseason last year crowing about how KU was going to lose 2 games, I brought the thread up and you spent the rest of it backtracking and claiming it was a jest. My prediction for Nebraska is 9-3 with losses to Va Tech, OU, and one of the remaining conference teams (and it won't be Kansas). Still enough to win the North before the Colorado game. As much as you talk about Kansas on the "Husker Football" section of this board, they should tailor-make you a KU version of the Kool-Aid guy.

What I can gather about reading this thread is that really no one in the north is afraid of anyone else in the north, meaning that there really is no consensus stud of the division. NU fans believe that they can win the north, KU fans believe they can win the north, MU fans believe they can win the north, I believe CU can win the north, and Cy believes ISU is guranteed to win the Big 12. The only ones alone in the dark appear to be KSU people...lol

I hate to tell you this, but KU or NU is winnin' the North. I say 80% or better it is one of those 2 teams...

Perhaps but I take into account the schedule as well as recent matchups over the last few years. Don't get me wrong I believe Kansas has a good team but let's look at your schedule:

ISU-W

at CU-L

OU-L

at Tech-L

at KSU-W

NU-W

at UT-L

MU-W

That gives you a conference record of 4-4, now let me argue my points before you start chastising me. CU has played KU tough over the last few years with a talent disparity, CU is better this year if they are healthy, the game is in Boulder if it was in Lawrence I would reverse my pick(so it is not a homer pick). OU at home, you might play them tough and hope for an OU letdown but odds are against it, OU wins. At Tech, now this one I am willing to concede and flip flop but I do think the Raiders will have another QB that can throw for 400 yards and other receivers that will step up and catch footballs. I give you Nebraska even at this risk of being flamed since this is their board. At Texas, let's face it, even if the game is close and winnable, something will happen that causes you to go down in flames. Mizzou I will give you. Even if I reverse the Tech game that is still 5-3.

Nebraska:

at Mizzou-L

Tech-W

ISU-W

at Baylor-W

OU-L

at KU-L

KSU-W

at CU-L

So here comes the flames...lol At Mizzou, Mizzou loves to beat NU and they get to catch them early in the season when the only team they faced was Va Tech. OU at home will be generating a lot of buzz about the old times, but this isn't the old times, OU wins. At Kansas, already gave KU the nod. At CU, it took a miracle kick last year at home for NU to win against a decimated CU team, assuming that CU is healthy and considering that neither team is putting up long winning streaks against the other anymore, I pick CU.

4-4

Colorado:

Texas-L

KU-W

at KSU-W

Mizzou-L

A&M-W

at ISU-W

at OSU-L

NU-W

5-3 but since I am a CU guy, let's toss one win out and now we are 4-4 as well, remember I said a multi tie in the division, where I think at least 2 if not 3 teams might be split? Certainly I am no more qualified to pick these games then anyone else here and I have not flamed anyone so my post is reasonable for this site :)

Really?

just saying.

Ok ya got me there. He did get us a couple of times.

With the same offense as they run now...

Is that the same offense that put up a whopping 3 points against a 5-6 Nebraska team in '04? ;)

Look, all I'm saying is that I'm not going to lose any sleep over Mizzou until they give me a reason to worry. Maybe I could have said it in a less condescending way...

nope. they went to that offense in 05. you know the one that has but up a whopping 41, 20, 41 & 52. ;)

No hard feelings. I understand what your saying. Its the samething all the MU fans are saying about Nebraska. Nothing has been done to prove that the outcome of this years game will be any different then they have been lately. We will all know here pretty soon what we are working with :)

Perhaps but I take into account the schedule as well as recent matchups over the last few years. Don't get me wrong I believe Kansas has a good team but let's look at your schedule:

ISU-W

at CU-L

OU-L

at Tech-L

at KSU-W

NU-W

at UT-L

MU-W

That gives you a conference record of 4-4, now let me argue my points before you start chastising me. CU has played KU tough over the last few years with a talent disparity, CU is better this year if they are healthy, the game is in Boulder if it was in Lawrence I would reverse my pick(so it is not a homer pick). OU at home, you might play them tough and hope for an OU letdown but odds are against it, OU wins. At Tech, now this one I am willing to concede and flip flop but I do think the Raiders will have another QB that can throw for 400 yards and other receivers that will step up and catch footballs. I give you Nebraska even at this risk of being flamed since this is their board. At Texas, let's face it, even if the game is close and winnable, something will happen that causes you to go down in flames. Mizzou I will give you. Even if I reverse the Tech game that is still 5-3.

Nebraska:

at Mizzou-L

Tech-W

ISU-W

at Baylor-W

OU-L

at KU-L

KSU-W

at CU-L

So here comes the flames...lol At Mizzou, Mizzou loves to beat NU and they get to catch them early in the season when the only team they faced was Va Tech. OU at home will be generating a lot of buzz about the old times, but this isn't the old times, OU wins. At Kansas, already gave KU the nod. At CU, it took a miracle kick last year at home for NU to win against a decimated CU team, assuming that CU is healthy and considering that neither team is putting up long winning streaks against the other anymore, I pick CU.

4-4

Colorado:

Texas-L

KU-W

at KSU-W

Mizzou-L

A&M-W

at ISU-W

at OSU-L

NU-W

5-3 but since I am a CU guy, let's toss one win out and now we are 4-4 as well, remember I said a multi tie in the division, where I think at least 2 if not 3 teams might be split? Certainly I am no more qualified to pick these games then anyone else here and I have not flamed anyone so my post is reasonable for this site :)

I like your line of thinking, with wins against 2 or the 3 best teams in the north and assuming losses to OKST and TEXAS then MU with a record of 5-3 is the three-peat champion. YEAH BeachBuffs!! I knew you were one bright crayon! :clap

ISU-W

at CU-L

OU-L

at Tech-L

at KSU-W

NU-W

at UT-L

MU-W

Nebraska:

at Mizzou-L

Tech-W

ISU-W

at Baylor-W

OU-L

at KU-L

KSU-W

at CU-L

4-4

Colorado:

Texas-L

KU-W

at KSU-W

Mizzou-L

A&M-W

at ISU-W

at OSU-L

NU-W

CU over KU and NU!?! LOL. Wow. Now that's delusional! :clap Unless I missed something and Hawkins has put in a high flying attack, scoring 60 plus a game.....but I highly doubt that's the case.

North:

Colorado

Missouri

KSU

Iowa State

Served? Are you 15? And are you kidding? You spent the preseason last year crowing about how KU was going to lose 2 games, I brought the thread up and you spent the rest of it backtracking and claiming it was a jest. My prediction for Nebraska is 9-3 with losses to Va Tech, OU, and one of the remaining conference teams (and it won't be Kansas). Still enough to win the North before the Colorado game. As much as you talk about Kansas on the "Husker Football" section of this board, they should tailor-make you a KU version of the Kool-Aid guy.

It won't be Kansas huh Joshy boy? I'm going to go ahead and book mark this. In jest? I came clean and admitted my fault with my predictions last year. You just spent 4 months beating a dead horse, because you don't contribute anything to this board, and had nothing else better to say to me. Enjoy your seats in the peanut gallery my friend.