JGS30 Big 12 Predictions

JGS30

First off Baylor is a scary trap game for the Big Red. We will becoming off a potential destruction of the Cyclowns in Lincoln which could get the team on a big high. Then it is the week before Stoops and company come up here in which everyone and their dog will be talking about to see if the Big Red has changed and gotten better since the match-up last year. Plus there is still that OU/NU sentiment that gets a lot of people amped. BU has three solid players at the three critical points in their defense at DT, LB, and FS(and those three are better than what we have even with Big Suh up front. And then there is a certain athlete at QB which enough has been made of. I am not saying DONU will lose, I just see it as a lot closer game than the majority on this board.

Secondly, CU was decimated from injuries last year and with all the "big boys" of the North Cu gets them all in that cest pool Boulder. Their fortune of having a powder puff All American QB is their biggest hinderance, oh yeah his dad ain't the best intramural coach either brotha. Still the probably could be the 3rd best team in the BIG XII North.

I'd rather think

1) Nebraska

2) Missouri

3) tie--Kansas Colorado

5) tie --K-state -ISU

The north teams all have queston marks but I think we have the better defense and until last week the best running tandem. I think we will still get it done but will be harder. KU doesn't have the horses in the OL or defense. I worry much more about Mizery than I do any of the other North teams. The south? OU and TU, very far above the rest of the conference. OSU, not so much.

Before I get blasted for picking Baylor over Nebraska, let me go ahead and defende the pick:

Now, don't get it twisted, but I do think Nebraska is better than Baylor...BUT the game is in Waco, and Baylor returns alot of experience on both sides of the football....I don't even need to mention their outstanding QB and linebackers. The reason I picked them is because they (Baylor) will look at this game as a make or break game. Heck, they (Baylor) even mentioned it on their Big 12 Preview show that they have this game circled and that if they can beat Nebraska it would secure their first bowl in years!

For the record, I really did put my KU blinders to the side while pickng these games. I really went game by game and this is how it played out. I think Nebraska will beat MU to kick off the Big 12 season and I gave NU the nod over CU in Boulder and TT in Lincoln. I just don't like their trip to Baylor. I wouldn't pick KU over Baylor if my Hawks were going their.

Just wanted to clear that up before the hate mails start flying my way!

Well, im gonna applaud you for actually coming up with reason why you think Baylor will defeat NU this year. Now if i remember right, we had to had a tough time trying to catch up to Baylor last year to defeat them, so i imagine we might have the same difficultly, IF the execution of the ball and our secondary hasnt improved. This is why, im not picking alot of Conference games until after the season starts, only then will we truly know where the Huskers stand this year. Hopefully by looking at the first 3-4 games of the season we will have a better idea of whether or not the Huskers can handle teams like, Mizzou, Kansas, Colorado, Texas Tech, and Baylor.

So lets face it, there alot of teams out their trying to show what they got this year. NU is trying to prove itself by taking the Big 12 North spot. Kansas is also trying to get the same spot. Colorado is trying to improve, but it just doesn't seem likely this year. Mizzou is going to try to silence doubts that it is a better team even after losing so much talent. Baylor sees this year as an oppurtunity for a bowl spot in a conference that is heavily stacked against them. Oklahoma State is looking to shine, since Texas is picked to be a disappointment after last year.

I worry much more about Mizery than I do any of the other North teams.

Really?

Remember how Mizzou was with Pinkel before Chase Daniel and their offense specially made for him by their offensive coordinator(who is also gone)?

I mean, they might end up being decent, but until I see them prove they can sustain their recent success... Pinkel is still Pinkel to me.

I worry much more about Mizery than I do any of the other North teams.

Really?

Remember how Mizzou was with Pinkel before Chase Daniel and their offense specially made for him by their offensive coordinator(who is also gone)?

I mean, they might end up being decent, but until I see them prove they can sustain their recent success... Pinkel is still Pinkel to me.

brad smith burned nebraska before daniel.

just saying.

Mizzou has its opener against Illinois, which quite frankly you guys are picked to lose. depending on how bad you lose depends on how your season goes. You guys lose big, your season is gonna suck with loses to Illinois, Nebraska, Okie State, Texas, and Kansas. And thats being generous. You could lose to Nevada (which analysts are saying might be a shocker), Colorado and Baylor. If Mizzou can beat Illinois, i will consider them a threat for the Big 12 North spot. If Mizzou can pull off a little loss to Illinois, then my guy tells me you'll lose against Texas, and have tough games against Nebraska, Okie State and Kansas.

Ill be watching the Husker game, but ill keep my ears open to the Mizzou game as well.

Before I get blasted for picking Baylor over Nebraska, let me go ahead and defende the pick:

Now, don't get it twisted, but I do think Nebraska is better than Baylor...BUT the game is in Waco, and Baylor returns alot of experience on both sides of the football....I don't even need to mention their outstanding QB and linebackers. The reason I picked them is because they (Baylor) will look at this game as a make or break game. Heck, they (Baylor) even mentioned it on their Big 12 Preview show that they have this game circled and that if they can beat Nebraska it would secure their first bowl in years!

For the record, I really did put my KU blinders to the side while pickng these games. I really went game by game and this is how it played out. I think Nebraska will beat MU to kick off the Big 12 season and I gave NU the nod over CU in Boulder and TT in Lincoln. I just don't like their trip to Baylor. I wouldn't pick KU over Baylor if my Hawks were going their.

Just wanted to clear that up before the hate mails start flying my way!

No hate mail from me. The Baylor game looks very dangerous. Is Baylor's home field advantage going to be a big factor? From what I've heard, their stadium is not as intimidating as say a Texas, Nebraska, or Oklahoma. Either way, I see the big toss up games as being Baylor, Texas Tech, Missouri, Kansas, and Colorado. Win 5 of these, and Nebraska is sitting pretty. 4 will be a decent season and likely Big 12 North championship. 3 will be a season like last. Anything less than that I feel would be a disappointment.

Baylor's home field advantage is nothing. It seats 50,000, and even if Nebraska is going to be a big game for them, they still probably won't get a sold out stadium. I don't think Nebraska fans are going to overpower them in numbers, but I would venture to say that a good chunk of that stadium will be Husker fans, a bigger chunk will be Baylor fans, and a small chunk will be empty seating.

Baylor is going to have to win this one on pure talent and pure talent alone, as the crowd won't be a factor. I still don't think Baylor has enough talent to make a big splash this year. Yes, Griffin is very good. Yes, they turn quite a few starters and yes, they have a pretty talented linebacking corp. But, there still isn't enough to convince me that this years' game won't turn out any different than last years.

But, there still isn't enough to convince me that this years' game won't turn out any different than last years.

Top Rushers in Last Years Game.

Robert Griffin - 16 carries 121 yds 1 TD longest run 44 yds

Marlon Lucky - 16 carries 85 yds 1 TD longest run 18 yds

Now, the reason we won the game

Joe Ganz - 32/46 336 yds 3 TDs

Robert Griffin - 9/20 134 yds 0 TDs

Scoring summary...

1st Quarter BYU 14 NU 7

2nd Quarter BYU 6 NU 10

3rd Quarter BYU 0 NU 7

4th Quarter BYU 0 NU 8

Once again, we won the game because our team came back from a deficit, by no means was this game easy for NU, it was just as close as our game with VT, Colorado, Kansas, and Texas Tech. It wasnt an easy game for us last year in Lincoln, and it wont be an easy game for us in Waco this year. Baylor isnt like it used to be, when i considered BYU to be the ISU of the Big 12 South Conference.

But, there still isn't enough to convince me that this years' game won't turn out any different than last years.

Top Rushers in Last Years Game.

Robert Griffin - 16 carries 121 yds 1 TD longest run 44 yds

Marlon Lucky - 16 carries 85 yds 1 TD longest run 18 yds

Now, the reason we won the game

Joe Ganz - 32/46 336 yds 3 TDs

Robert Griffin - 9/20 134 yds 0 TDs

Scoring summary...

1st Quarter BYU 14 NU 7

2nd Quarter BYU 6 NU 10

3rd Quarter BYU 0 NU 7

4th Quarter BYU 0 NU 8

Once again, we won the game because our team came back from a deficit, by no means was this game easy for NU, it was just as close as our game with VT, Colorado, Kansas, and Texas Tech. It wasnt an easy game for us last year in Lincoln, and it wont be an easy game for us in Waco this year. Baylor isnt like it used to be, when i considered BYU to be the ISU of the Big 12 South Conference.

Still not enough to convince me. If Baylor beats us, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. Until then, I'm standing by my ground. Being a good football team still has to translate into wins and losses. We can all sit here and say "this isn't the Baylor of old" but until they start translating their talent into a winning or break even season consistenly, they are still the Baylor of old.

CU will be 8-4 or 9-3. Bank on it. I'll put my Big 12 and Top 25 break down on later. I ALSO have Baylor beating us, but we still win the north I think

If Baylors beats you, I predict you then would definitely have to beat the Jayhawks in Lawrence. If you think you won't take Baylor in Waco, I would think you cannot be that optimistic about the trip to Lawrence...