JGS30 Big 12 Predictions

JGS30

But, there still isn't enough to convince me that this years' game won't turn out any different than last years.

Top Rushers in Last Years Game.

Robert Griffin - 16 carries 121 yds 1 TD longest run 44 yds

Marlon Lucky - 16 carries 85 yds 1 TD longest run 18 yds

Now, the reason we won the game

Joe Ganz - 32/46 336 yds 3 TDs

Robert Griffin - 9/20 134 yds 0 TDs

Scoring summary...

1st Quarter BYU 14 NU 7

2nd Quarter BYU 6 NU 10

3rd Quarter BYU 0 NU 7

4th Quarter BYU 0 NU 8

Once again, we won the game because our team came back from a deficit, by no means was this game easy for NU, it was just as close as our game with VT, Colorado, Kansas, and Texas Tech. It wasnt an easy game for us last year in Lincoln, and it wont be an easy game for us in Waco this year. Baylor isnt like it used to be, when i considered BYU to be the ISU of the Big 12 South Conference.

I think you guys look too much at the previous game as a general rule. We have been beating Iowa State for a while. They were not that good last year, but they were in Ames and jumped out to a big lead. We made it up and won, but it was a much better game than expected. The year before, we demolished them. They are seperate events. If KU played NU again last year, but at a different time and place, the game would be different. In the NFL, you don't see teams win the second and third time just because they won the first, especially when they are both good teams. So yes, Baylor may beat you, but I would not assum just because you had a rough patch last year that you won't win (or assume because you beat the Hawks in Lincoln we are not going to be able to take you in Lawrence...). I will grant you the best team does not always win and the match up and game location matter, but I like your odds in Waco.

I worry much more about Mizery than I do any of the other North teams.

Really?

Remember how Mizzou was with Pinkel before Chase Daniel and their offense specially made for him by their offensive coordinator(who is also gone)?

I mean, they might end up being decent, but until I see them prove they can sustain their recent success... Pinkel is still Pinkel to me.

brad smith burned nebraska before daniel.

just saying.

With the same offense as they run now...

Mizzou has its opener against Illinois, which quite frankly you guys are picked to lose. depending on how bad you lose depends on how your season goes. You guys lose big, your season is gonna suck with loses to Illinois, Nebraska, Okie State, Texas, and Kansas. And thats being generous. You could lose to Nevada (which analysts are saying might be a shocker), Colorado and Baylor. If Mizzou can beat Illinois, i will consider them a threat for the Big 12 North spot. If Mizzou can pull off a little loss to Illinois, then my guy tells me you'll lose against Texas, and have tough games against Nebraska, Okie State and Kansas.

Ill be watching the Husker game, but ill keep my ears open to the Mizzou game as well.

Are those the same analysts like that tard over at Big 12 sports who wrote that MU won a close one against Nevada last year? Dont get me wrong Fuzzy, I like Nevada's team. I think they will be pretty good. But lets not forget that MU's 3rd string dominated Nevada. The score was 69-17, not 35-28.

Anything can happen, but I for one, am not too spooked about that game

So yes, Baylor may beat you, but I would not assum just because you had a rough patch last year that you won't win (or assume because you beat the Hawks in Lincoln we are not going to be able to take you in Lawrence...). I will grant you the best team does not always win and the match up and game location matter, but I like your odds in Waco.

Im not saying that Huskers arent gonna win in Waco :), but im not saying that Baylor is gonna lose either. What im saying is that its going to be a good game just like it was last year. Im acknowlegding that Baylor is a better team than what it was(in recent years), and that its chances are higher than usual for them to win. By no means am i gonna chalk up the Baylor game as an easy win for the Huskers. But the Baylor game is a ways away, and alot can happen between that time. I like our odds in Waco too, and i think we are going to see another close game just like what we saw last year, rather than a blowout win (For either side).

Mizzou has its opener against Illinois, which quite frankly you guys are picked to lose. depending on how bad you lose depends on how your season goes. You guys lose big, your season is gonna suck with loses to Illinois, Nebraska, Okie State, Texas, and Kansas. And thats being generous. You could lose to Nevada (which analysts are saying might be a shocker), Colorado and Baylor. If Mizzou can beat Illinois, i will consider them a threat for the Big 12 North spot. If Mizzou can pull off a little loss to Illinois, then my guy tells me you'll lose against Texas, and have tough games against Nebraska, Okie State and Kansas.

Ill be watching the Husker game, but ill keep my ears open to the Mizzou game as well.

Are those the same analysts like that tard over at Big 12 sports who wrote that MU won a close one against Nevada last year? Dont get me wrong Fuzzy, I like Nevada's team. I think they will be pretty good. But lets not forget that MU's 3rd string dominated Nevada. The score was 69-17, not 35-28.

Anything can happen, but I for one, am not too spooked about that game

Not good at numbers, is he?

What I can gather about reading this thread is that really no one in the north is afraid of anyone else in the north, meaning that there really is no consensus stud of the division. NU fans believe that they can win the north, KU fans believe they can win the north, MU fans believe they can win the north, I believe CU can win the north, and Cy believes ISU is guranteed to win the Big 12. The only ones alone in the dark appear to be KSU people...lol

What I can gather about reading this thread is that really no one in the north is afraid of anyone else in the north, meaning that there really is no consensus stud of the division. NU fans believe that they can win the north, KU fans believe they can win the north, MU fans believe they can win the north, I believe CU can win the north, and Cy believes ISU is guranteed to win the Big 12. The only ones alone in the dark appear to be KSU people...lol

Oh there has to be some out there, drinking the Snyder love juice.

It's been awhile since anybody has been "feared" in the North among respective North schools. Nobody has been consistent enough. Teams seem to have a couple good seasons and then sink. Nebraska might have still been feared up and through the 2001 season, but not so much after that. You couldn't say Missouri has been feared because they aren't consistent and have tanked a couple of seasons (like last), and Colorado had some good seasons that floundered (i.e. 2005).

It is a very wide open season for the North. Speaking from my brain and not my heart, Kansas and Nebraska have the best chances to win the North. I still think Nebraska has the slimmest of chances over Kansas, a chance that got reduced a bit once Q got booted. But I still think they are the slightly better team position by position.

After looking at the head to head schedules for North teams I have concluded that we will probably have a tie in the North and quite possibly even a 3 way tie for first. No northern team has a conference schedule that can allow them to escape without multiple bumps in the road. So barring disasterous injuries for any projected team, I believe KU will be tied with the winner of the Nebraska/Colorado game and if Mizzou can pull off an upset of Texas at home then quite possibly a 3 way tie between KU, MU and the aforementioned winner of the NU/CU game.

Oh there has to be some out there, drinking the Snyder love juice.

When my wife refers to my "love juice"....ah, nevermind.

It's been awhile since anybody has been "feared" in the North among respective North schools. Nobody has been consistent enough. Teams seem to have a couple good seasons and then sink. Nebraska might have still been feared up and through the 2001 season, but not so much after that. You couldn't say Missouri has been feared because they aren't consistent and have tanked a couple of seasons (like last), and Colorado had some good seasons that floundered (i.e. 2005).

It is a very wide open season for the North. Speaking from my brain and not my heart, Kansas and Nebraska have the best chances to win the North. I still think Nebraska has the slimmest of chances over Kansas, a chance that got reduced a bit once Q got booted. But I still think they are the slightly better team position by position.

I agree.

And this year so many of the North teams have questions, it's hard to pick which teams will answer. That's why I wish it was Saturday already so I can see some freakin' games I'm really interested in. Like Missou/Illinois, Georgia/Oklahoma State, and VT/Alabama.

Oh, and some team called Nebraska? Never really heard of 'em, but I figure I would give them a shot.

The one glaring thing that everyone seems to be overlooking is the impact of an aggressive defense. Our defensive line is the single biggest reason I have little fear that we won't win the North this year.

You can talk about everything else until you're blue in the face. Defense is what will win the North this year. Nebraska's defense looks to be the class of the conference.

The one glaring thing that everyone seems to be overlooking is the impact of an aggressive defense. Our defensive line is the single biggest reason I have little fear that we won't win the North this year.

You can talk about everything else until you're blue in the face. Defense is what will win the North this year. Nebraska's defense looks to be the class of the conference.

Defensive Line and Depth A+

Linebacker Core and Depth A

Secondaries and Safeties C+

Because we had a mediocre pass defense last year, throws caution to the wind, in my opinion about our defensive structure. You can have the best Pass Rushers in the world on your team, but if you dont have a Coverage Team that can keep up and cover their positions, a talented QB will pick it apart before the DL can get in there. Until I see much better play from the CB's and Safeties this year, im giving them a grade of a C+ and have a cautious feel about how good our defense as a whole is.

Because we had a mediocre pass defense last year, throws caution to the wind, in my opinion about our defensive structure. You can have the best Pass Rushers in the world on your team, but if you dont have a Coverage Team that can keep up and cover their positions, a talented QB will pick it apart before the DL can get in there. Until I see much better play from the CB's and Safeties this year, im giving them a grade of a C+ and have a cautious feel about how good our defense as a whole is.

That's fine, and I don't disagree, but our aggregate defensive grade is still higher than any other team in the North. You can go down the list of North teams and grade them similarly, and NU's is going to come out ahead, every time.

And what have you seen of our potential starting LB's that leads you to believe they are an 'A'? I feel much better about our secondary than our LB's just because of experience.

Alright kids, I'm gonna keep this shirt and sweet. Here is the final order of finish for the Big 12 North & South:

North:

Kansas 9-3 (5-3) Losses to Texas, OU and TT

Nebraska 8-4 (5-3) Losses to VT, OU, KU & Baylor

Colorado

Missouri

KSU

Iowa State

Here's to an exciting 2009 College Football Season! Enjoy!

:clap

You're picking Kansas again to win the North this year? Man good luck.

Cuz you'll have egg on your face if they dont.