JGS30 Big 12 Predictions

JGS30

Not only does he speak the truth about running, I think CU has at least one if not two good backs. Wasn't one of them pegged as the best RB and one of the best players recruited out of high school? And, isn't he just a true sophomore? Give him a line to run behind and he will spell trouble for any Big 12 defense.

Actually we have 3, Darrell Scott is the big one and is a true sophmore, now he did come in last year sort of out of shape but the word out this summer is that this has been corrected and has looked like he should, he was the #1 RB recruit 2 years ago. Rodney Stewart was the big surprise last season, he is smaller, but quick as all get out, he got hurt midway through the season. Brian Lockridge is another back, once again, one of those quick backs. We also sport a junior, all the aforementioned backs are sophmores, who has some good size, all four backs will see playing time probably with a big emphasis on Scott and Stewart. By the way Scott is our backup punter....lol

I am glad the Huskers throw the ball these days. I'm even more pleased they can do both. If you do not have a QB that can pass efficiently, or no competitive passing game, you'll be running into an 8 man box when trailing by 17-21 points in the first or 2nd qtr and it will be miserable. Kiss any come back opportunity goodbye.

What I can gather about reading this thread is that really no one in the north is afraid of anyone else in the north, meaning that there really is no consensus stud of the division. NU fans believe that they can win the north, KU fans believe they can win the north, MU fans believe they can win the north, I believe CU can win the north, and Cy believes ISU is guranteed to win the Big 12. The only ones alone in the dark appear to be KSU people...lol

I hate to tell you this, but KU or NU is winnin' the North. I say 80% or better it is one of those 2 teams...

Savor the taste of those 2 wins you guys got in Lawrence... when Bo rolls into town, its going to be another 30+ years before you get a win over NU. Sorry to burst your bubble.

and what is up with the KU ticket office putting $90 face value of the Nebraska tickets? Maybe its time Nebraska starts gouging the visiting fans from programs that gouge the Nebraska fans?

Supply and Demand is a bugger. That is a tough ticket... KU fans buy that ticket too, and to be honest, if they were pricing the market value it would be higher. I am gonna fly home for that one to use my season tickets, so be happy you just have to pay $90...

What I can gather about reading this thread is that really no one in the north is afraid of anyone else in the north, meaning that there really is no consensus stud of the division. NU fans believe that they can win the north, KU fans believe they can win the north, MU fans believe they can win the north, I believe CU can win the north, and Cy believes ISU is guranteed to win the Big 12. The only ones alone in the dark appear to be KSU people...lol

I hate to tell you this, but KU or NU is winnin' the North. I say 80% or better it is one of those 2 teams...

Savor the taste of those 2 wins you guys got in Lawrence... when Bo rolls into town, its going to be another 30+ years before you get a win over NU. Sorry to burst your bubble.

and what is up with the KU ticket office putting $90 face value of the Nebraska tickets? Maybe its time Nebraska starts gouging the visiting fans from programs that gouge the Nebraska fans?

Keep underestimating us. You won't be the first guy on the board who has, and you can be just as wrong as them. You may win this year, you may not, but I like to declare victory based on scoring more points, not on some sort of predestined greatness. I refuse to denigrate Husker Football or any of their staff, but I will say you are much more likely to be living in a bubble than I...

By all means I respect the comments based upon our QB play and I realize it is a huge weakness but to offset that weakness I believe we will challenge OSU for the Big 12 statistical lead in rushing. If we are forced into positions where we expect our QB's to throw the ball 30+ times a game I concede defeat now. For example when we beat NU 62-36 back in '01 without looking it up on Google, can you name me the QB from CU that year? However, I bet you might be able to name at least one RB. So my point is that in college football you can still establish yourself offensively by running the football effectively. If we can do that and maintan time of posession we can hang with anyone in the North but if someone does shut it down(which I know a lot of the NU fans say will happen) then we are in trouble. I just do not subscribe to the theory that everyone has to run the spread to win these days. Give me a good offensive line and some talented RB's and line up in the I Formation and I think I can move the football and I know there are some Cornhusker fans out there as well that probably still believe that can be a winning combination. Afterall, have they been relavent since they dumped it?

I love a good running game, but I am not sure you will have an effective one without some form of pass, unless you are going to run a different offense than the one you have been running. I agree a running offense coudl be effective, especially in such a pass happy conference where teams are not as used to stopping good runnning teams. Still do not see you guys flipping that much to the other side in the success area, but we will see. I do agree you have some talent and are good at home.