NU Loses Another Commit

Jen I assume you were referring to me, although you put "huskers51". No I don't think we need 6 deep at every position with 4 and 5 star players. Again, I've said over and over there are obviously a ton of three star and unranked players that turn out to be great. Aaron Curry, Sam Bradford, Roy Helu, Adam Carriker, Colt Mccoy. However, I really don't think anyone can argue that on average the teams that CONSISTENTLY compete for NC's are CONSISTENTLY ranked in the top 15 overall as a class year in and year out. Yes of course there are teams that underachieve such as ND, FSU, Miami and so on. However you rarely, very rarely see a team that CONSISTENTLY recruit outside of the top 15 compete for NC's. One year it could be Mizzou or KU or West Virginia, but overall it's going to be teams like USC, Florida, OU, Texas, Ohio State, LSU, Georgia...why? Bc they consistently have the best players, which on average are ranked the highest. Do I think local, homegrown nebraska boys don't have their place? I absolutely do think they can and willl contribute. May, O'hanlon, Pensick, Koehler, Thorell all helped our team big time. However, if you could choose would you rather want O'hanlon, or Taylor Mays? Pretty simple question huh?

Jen I assume you were referring to me, although you put "huskers51". No I don't think we need 6 deep at every position with 4 and 5 star players. Again, I've said over and over there are obviously a ton of three star and unranked players that turn out to be great. Aaron Curry, Sam Bradford, Roy Helu, Adam Carriker, Colt Mccoy. However, I really don't think anyone can argue that on average the teams that CONSISTENTLY compete for NC's are CONSISTENTLY ranked in the top 15 overall as a class year in and year out. Yes of course there are teams that underachieve such as ND, FSU, Miami and so on. However you rarely, very rarely see a team that CONSISTENTLY recruit outside of the top 15 compete for NC's. One year it could be Mizzou or KU or West Virginia, but overall it's going to be teams like USC, Florida, OU, Texas, Ohio State, LSU, Georgia...why? Bc they consistently have the best players, which on average are ranked the highest. Do I think local, homegrown nebraska boys don't have their place? I absolutely do think they can and willl contribute. May, O'hanlon, Pensick, Koehler, Thorell all helped our team big time. However, if you could choose would you rather want O'hanlon, or Taylor Mays? Pretty simple question huh?

Florida, Oklahoma, USC, Texas, Ohio State, LSU, Florida State, Miami, and Nebraska are the only teams that have competed for a national championship this decade (no Georgia). Also, Pensick hasn't helped us at all yet (he was part of the 2009 recruiting class). Lastly, you can go the other way on comparisons such as yours. Would you rather have walk-on (and even though injured, starting MLB for the Eagles) Stewart Bradley or 2005 #3 rated LB recruit and career USC backup Luthur Brown?