NU Loses Another Commit

Folks this conversation has gone waaay past pulling in recruits. This is about getting kids on the damn phone, receiving mail, being shown any interest at all. There's a lot of guys who follow this stuff very closely who have insinuated the staff is lazy with recruiting. That has consequences. The year isn't over, but there isn't much to hang your hat on right now.

Maybe he heard we had a team rule against Pot consumption???

Interesting article on why some of our current recruits picked Nebraska.

“I have the coaches No. 1 because I felt they really wanted me to come to Nebraska,” said Brent Qvale (pronounced Kwal-lee), a 6-7, 335-pound offensive lineman from Williston, N.D.

Qvale, a 4.0 student who chose Nebraska over Wisconsin and Iowa, said he was most impressed when Cotton flew to one of his track meets in North Dakota just to say hello. “Coach Cotton made three trips to see me during the fall and winter,” Qvale said. “He made sure I knew how much I was wanted at the University of Nebraska, and I definitely felt wanted there.”

The incoming class was asked to list in order why they chose Nebraska:

1) Coaches

2) Game-day atmosphere (fan loyalty/quality of people)

3) Tradition/culture (bowl history, major award winners, success in the NFL)

4) Strength and conditioning program

5) Academic support/life skills program

6) Athletic Director

7) Major degree offering/campus atmosphere

8) Facilities (including locker room, weight room, etc.)

9) Players (past, present and future)

10) Nutrition/medical services

Folks this conversation has gone waaay past pulling in recruits. This is about getting kids on the damn phone, receiving mail, being shown any interest at all. There's a lot of guys who follow this stuff very closely who have insinuated the staff is lazy with recruiting. That has consequences. The year isn't over, but there isn't much to hang your hat on right now.

x is right. i started complaining a week ago and was taken to task for it. now what? as i said we have a real problem, Pelini needs to man up and get this fixed and damn fast, pretending this is no big deal is BS!

they should have seen this weeks ago when we only had 3-4 recruits, we obviously have a problem that has not been addressed and like it or not, that falls directly on Pelini.

If the kid was getting as little contact as he said there is a considerable possibility we were being passive-aggressive with the him.

He is short, his grades suck, and he hasn't been offered by his home state school which is light on commits. Maybe we cooled on him but wanted to avoid bad PR by backing-out of the commit.

I doubt it looks any better to have your class fall apart and have two decommits already as well as lose a host of targets to division rivals. Maybe everything will turn out alright with this class, but as far as I can tell right now things aren't good. Saying he had grade problems as a reason we wanted him gone is just a BS excuse. This isn't the National Honor society and if Pelini's standards are that high we have even bigger problems.

I doubt it looks any better to have your class fall apart and have two decommits already as well as lose a host of targets to division rivals. Maybe everything will turn out alright with this class, but as far as I can tell right now things aren't good. Saying he had grade problems as a reason we wanted him gone is just a BS excuse. This isn't the National Honor society and if Pelini's standards are that high we have even bigger problems.

He doesn't have to be a Rhodes-scholar but we do need to know he'll qualify. I'm not saying this was necessarily a reason but if the kid was ignored to the extreme he said there could well be reason behind it.

Word is that Sloan was an academic risk that the coaches didn't need with such a small class. If insiders like RRT and HTO over at HuskersIllustrated aren't upset about this one, then neither am I.

Don't know if this is true or not, but I'd believe it. These coaches know where they want to go and how they want to get there (look at dismissing Castille).

Hypothetical: Maybe after the "Honeymoon" they decided they have room for only a couple DB's and he wasn't one of them. "Sure, we'll honor your scholly if you really want to come here but honestly, we're going to stop kissing "you're" ass and talk to the more solid guy that will qualify.

Again.....HYPOTHETICAL.....which recruiting is until the recruits sign an LOI. Did we lose that which wasn't our's?....Philosophy 101 :wacko:

Word is that Sloan was an academic risk that the coaches didn't need with such a small class. If insiders like RRT and HTO over at HuskersIllustrated aren't upset about this one, then neither am I.

Don't know if this is true or not, but I'd believe it. These coaches know where they want to go and how they want to get there (look at dismissing Castille).

Hypothetical: Maybe after the "Honeymoon" they decided they have room for only a couple DB's and he wasn't one of them. "Sure, we'll honor your scholly if you really want to come here but honestly, we're going to stop kissing "you're" ass and talk to the more solid guy that will qualify.

Again.....HYPOTHETICAL.....which recruiting is until the recruits sign an LOI. Did we lose that which wasn't our's?....Philosophy 101 :wacko:

And I promise, I'm not "HuskerJen"

Although, she might agree. Love ya Jen

I now publicly apologise to all the girls I just quit calling...

Instead of breaking up with them and saying something like,"It's not you...It's me".

:laughpound

Seriously the contact thing is what is the bigger issue with me. Losing Sloan wasn't a shock, never had been here, almost a fall back plan for him until he got the SEC offers that he always wanted.

BUT back to this contact issue, it had become a reoccurring theme, except for the name Coach Pap.

The sky ain't falling because Saturday starts our prime selling point. Give it some weeks and see where we are at after using our biggest selling point.

We can pretend there is nothing wrong as long as we want but the truth is there for all to see. Recruiting has changed dramatically. Kids make up their minds sooner than ever. We are losing the war. We have lost two 4* recruits and have a class smaller than even the doormats of the league. We have offered seemingly every 5* player in the universe but will not get any of them. It seems this staff uses Rivals to send out letters and see what shows up.

if there is not a big turn around this will be a debacle. Anyone who is comfortable with the trend, simply is whistling past the graveyard. Something is keeping recruits from valuing our program. Are other coaches spreading rumors ? Are we going to be that bad this season? What is the reason that we are losing the recruiting wars?

I now publicly apologise to all the girls I just quit calling...

Instead of breaking up with them and saying something like,"It's not you...It's me".

:laughpound

Seriously the contact thing is what is the bigger issue with me. Losing Sloan wasn't a shock, never had been here, almost a fall back plan for him until he got the SEC offers that he always wanted.

BUT back to this contact issue, it had become a reoccurring theme, except for the name Coach Pap.

The sky ain't falling because Saturday starts our prime selling point. Give it some weeks and see where we are at after using our biggest selling point.

EXACTLY!!!!

Screw K-Mart and the "Blue Light Special"

Time for that RED LIGHT to shine bright!!! (sorry, not Amsterdam) Everybody's buying!!!!

GBR

We can pretend there is nothing wrong as long as we want but the truth is there for all to see. Recruiting has changed dramatically. Kids make up their minds sooner than ever. We are losing the war. We have lost two 4* recruits and have a class smaller than even the doormats of the league. We have offered seemingly every 5* player in the universe but will not get any of them. It seems this staff uses Rivals to send out letters and see what shows up.

if there is not a big turn around this will be a debacle. Anyone who is comfortable with the trend, simply is whistling past the graveyard. Something is keeping recruits from valuing our program. Are other coaches spreading rumors ? Are we going to be that bad this season? What is the reason that we are losing the recruiting wars?

So true. Just like Anterio Sloan committing to the Huskers early!!! He committed early, before he even saw campus.

The season is 5 days away, signing day is 120+ days away. As far as my math goes, the season ends before signing day. Before coaching changes. Before graduation. Before season ending injuries. Before official visits. Before unofficial visits. Before the 17th birthday of some recruits!!!

sh#t happens, it will happen. These coaches want the best out of a small class and they will get it :nanalama