NU Loses Another Commit

OMG, we lost a verbal from a kid who NEVER ONCE visited the campus.....the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!!!!!!!

well i am surehe saw and heard of our lack of commits us falling back in our boards and maybe didn't see the big deal..... why does it have to such an extreme with recruiting one way or another... but which ever way you think i don't know why people can't wake up and just think all this talent is just gonna appear or we are just gonna find all these gems.. times change face it and we need to be strong in recruting period and not just saying ho hum no big deal!! this aint nebraska 20 years ago...we need to do better period... times have changed and we need to get on board or get left behind... lose to mizou kansas baylor and not ever come close to OU and Texas... but i guess losing 2 four stars is something to be proud of not worry soo much about..... i mean thats normal right??!

I look forward to seeing people continue to deny the recruiting problem.. they'll say things like "the sky is falling oh no" but they have no valuable input other than sarcasm. The fact is, we have 5 recruits and have lost two 4-stars already. If that's not a problem I don't know what is. Yes, it may all turn out fine by February, but for right now our recruiting class is far from good. I'd love to see a reasonable argument to the contrary. We're losing big time commits to lesser schools on a daily basis. What are you going to say when we lose Gabbert too?

Okay, I'm sorry to have to take a turn to negative town, but in my highly unprofessional opinion, our staff needs a swift kick in the ass on recruiting. Sloan stated in a rivals.com article that he hasn't received barely any mail from Nebraska since the summer and is unable to get in contact with Marvin Sanders. He's making an effort to contact a coach and is unable to do so. What does that tell you?

This is more than a blip. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the words "hard to get in contact" with regards to our staff. Sunshine pump all you want. Downgrade significance all you want. Fact is we're getting our asses kicked in recruiting by just about everyone. I'm not a recruiting analyst, but how anyone can look at our situation and think everything is all right is beyond me.

Okay, I'm sorry to have to take a turn to negative town, but in my highly unprofessional opinion, our staff needs a kick in the ass on recruiting. Sloan stated in a rivals.com article that he hasn't received barely any mail from Nebraska since the summer and is unable to get in contact with Marvin Sanders. He's making an effort to contact a coach and is unable to do so. What does that tell you?

This is more than a blip. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the words "hard to get in contact" with regards to our staff. Sunshine pump all you want. Downgrade significance all you want. Fact is we're getting our asses kicked in recruiting by just about everyone. I'm not a recruiting analyst, but how anyone can look at our situation and think everything is all right is beyond me.

I couldn't agree more. I've seen on Rivals too that kids say they can't get in contact or they haven't been able to talk to a certain coach. I'd rather have them decommit for basically any other reason than that. It shows indifference and lack of effort. Maybe Pelini and staff should give that "110% effort" they preach so strongly about in practice a try with their recruiting. People who refuse to see this at this point are delusional. We had better get our asses in gear.

To say that people don't care about the recruiting "problem" based on comments like the sky is falling is pretty arrogant. I personally think it really sucks that we have lost a few of the recruits that gave their verbal and have backed out. But what do YOU honestly think YOU can do about it? Does it suck? Yes. Is it frustrating? Yes, but there is nothing that you or I can do about it. Should the recruiting director be fired? I think it needs to be looked into why kids are backing out. The verdict is still out on Bo as a head coach to recruits. Just b/c he had a good season last year does not mean the top kids are automatically going to sign. He does not have the luxury that Saban had when he came back to college. Year one is under the belt and it is going to take some time (one more year or maybe two) to get recruits to see/understand that Nebraska is headed in the right direction. To say that Bo and Co should be getting the same "type" of athletes that OU, Texas, and Florida get is unrealistic. Okie State has had some success the last couple of years and they have a great class going so far....however, that could change if they do not do as well as they did last year.

You've gotta believe that Bo is doing the right things to get the right kids at NU. Time will tell, but we ALL have to have some patience in the process.

Okie State has had some success the last couple of years and they have a great class going so far....however, that could change if they do not do as well as they did last year.

Believe me being as close as I am.. Their coaches work tirelessly on recruiting. They have a work ethic second to none.