True Freshman

From what I saw, we played a total of four true freshman...if I counted right.

RB - Rex Burkhead - I think we found the future at running back. Burkhead looked really good out there. Great agility, could slash well and knows how to find the hole. Sky's the limit with him.

QB - Cody Green - I was pretty impressed with the few series that he's got. He's deceptively fast...That run was very Vince Young-esque. Future looks good here too.

WR - Antonio Bell - he played, but didn't do anything, hopefully he can make some noise in the season so it's not a wasted redshirt.

LB - Eric Martin - I was kinda distraught over seeing him out there. I figured he would've been a great candidate to redshirt, get more beefed up and learn the defense better. He got that personal foul but he seemed to have a knack for knowing where the ball is.

All in all, I like the fact that we're playing more true freshman this year....hopefully it works out for the best.

Burkhead is going to be fun to watch.

Yes he is. I didn't expect him to play much, but he showed why it's going to be tough to keep him on the sidelines this year. I really liked how once he hit the hole, he lowered his head and gave out the hits instead of dancing around and losing ground.

From what I saw, we played a total of four true freshman...if I counted right.

RB - Rex Burkhead - I think we found the future at running back. Burkhead looked really good out there. Great agility, could slash well and knows how to find the hole. Sky's the limit with him.

QB - Cody Green - I was pretty impressed with the few series that he's got. He's deceptively fast...That run was very Vince Young-esque. Future looks good here too.

WR - Antonio Bell - he played, but didn't do anything, hopefully he can make some noise in the season so it's not a wasted redshirt.

LB - Eric Martin - I was kinda distraught over seeing him out there. I figured he would've been a great candidate to redshirt, get more beefed up and learn the defense better. He got that personal foul but he seemed to have a knack for knowing where the ball is.

All in all, I like the fact that we're playing more true freshman this year....hopefully it works out for the best.

Burkhead did not go down after initial contact. Tough runner.

Green needs to work on his touch passes. Ran great.

That was not a personal foul on Martin, refs threw a sympathy flag.

Burkhead is going to be fun to watch.

Yes he is. I didn't expect him to play much, but he showed why it's going to be tough to keep him on the sidelines this year. I really liked how once he hit the hole, he lowered his head and gave out the hits instead of dancing around and losing ground.

Why not? Burkhead is #2 and the coaches dont want Roy's touches over 20 a game.

That's because all you need is a hard nosed, football smart, sob that is gonna work his butt off to win what ever it takes. That is all he knows and that is why every football player around him feeeeeeds off of him. He is as hard core as anyone you have ever seen. This is focus....this is dedication....this is warrior....this is NEBRASKA FOOTBALL FROM NOW ON!!!

:steam