Arkansas State

Arkahusker

I know i am a new guy, but does anyone want to talk about Arkansas State? I live in Jonesboro, and I have to say Corey Leonard and Reggie Arnold are the real deal. They also have a tightend that should make our coaches take notice. On defense they have a pretty good secondary, but look out for that Carrington kid at DE. He will make the NFL. They were 6 and 6 last year, and were snubbed by the bowls eventhough they beat FAU. They dropped two games they should not have lost, one being FIU, they lost on a broken play last second touchdown. I really believe this is a better team than the Huskers played today. Steve Roberts is a quality coach, and his team believes. Discussion?

I know i am a new guy, but does anyone want to talk about Arkansas State? I live in Jonesboro, and I have to say Corey Leonard and Reggie Arnold are the real deal. They also have a tightend that should make our coaches take notice. On defense they have a pretty good secondary, but look out for that Carrington kid at DE. He will make the NFL. They were 6 and 6 last year, and were snubbed by the bowls eventhough they beat FAU. They dropped two games they should not have lost, one being FIU, they lost on a broken play last second touchdown. I really believe this is a better team than the Huskers played today. Steve Roberts is a quality coach, and his team believes. Discussion?

Arkansas State is our Sun Belt opponent i feared this most coming into the season, and they're play today confirmed that. I guess i wouldn't say i "fear them" but relatively, anyway.

I think they'll put some points on us, maybe 17ish, but we'll probably throw upper 40's on them too.

I also heard the defense was pretty good.

Honestly, and not to snub ASU because I know little about them, this is how I see things. Bo Pelini does a great job in keep players focused on the game at hand and not getting ahead of themselves. He preaches it day and night. Bo would probably say "Beating Arkansas State is just as important as beating any other team on our schedule. Talk about beating ranked teams is for the media and fans to have something to talk about, and it does not involve how we go about our business. We are going to treat this game like any other".

I think Nebraska is going to succeed well against Arkansas State. Even the talk about FAU being able to hang with us didn't hold water past the first quarter. The big thing is going to be talent and depth. Nebraska has a lot of depth in year two under Pelini, and is a team that has a lot of prowess. They're young and talented, sometimes making underclassmen mistakes, but making sure things end the right way. I expect we will give up between 250-350 yards to ASU, but will hold them 14-ish points.

Not being a homer, that's just how I see things playing out. I think ASU will hang in there for part of the first half, but come the end of 3rd quarter the game will be well in Nebraska's hands. Barring injuries, I expect a big win.

52-13 Nebraska. ASU may have hung a lot of points up on Mississippi Valley State, but that's a team that went 3-8 in 2007 and 2008 and got consistently blown out by other (no offense to whatever conference Mississippi Valley State is in) no name teams.

Honestly, and not to snub ASU because I know little about them, this is how I see things. Bo Pelini does a great job in keep players focused on the game at hand and not getting ahead of themselves. He preaches it day and night. Bo would probably say "Beating Arkansas State is just as important as beating any other team on our schedule. Talk about beating ranked teams is for the media and fans to have something to talk about, and it does not involve how we go about our business. We are going to treat this game like any other".

I think Nebraska is going to succeed well against Arkansas State. Even the talk about FAU being able to hang with us didn't hold water past the first quarter. The big thing is going to be talent and depth. Nebraska has a lot of depth in year two under Pelini, and is a team that has a lot of prowess. They're young and talented, sometimes making underclassmen mistakes, but making sure things end the right way. I expect we will give up between 250-350 yards to ASU, but will hold them 14-ish points.

Not being a homer, that's just how I see things playing out. I think ASU will hang in there for part of the first half, but come the end of 3rd quarter the game will be well in Nebraska's hands. Barring injuries, I expect a big win.

52-13 Nebraska. ASU may have hung a lot of points up on Mississippi Valley State, but that's a team that went 3-8 in 2007 and 2008 and got consistently blown out by other (no offense to whatever conference Mississippi Valley State is in) no name teams.

Arkahusker, what up? I live close to Searcy. Nice to have you aboard.

ASU will be a tougher opponent that FAU. I ahve seen several of thise Red Wolves kids play in HS and they were very good atheletes. Lets not forget that ASU is not afraid to take it ot a BCS team. I think in the end that talent and depth take over and the Huskers roll.

Pour me another glass of Peliniaid with a dash of freshmen kool aid!! :koolaid2::koolaid2:

ASU will be a tougher opponent that FAU. I ahve seen several of thise Red Wolves kids play in HS and they were very good atheletes. Lets not forget that ASU is not afraid to take it ot a BCS team. I think in the end that talent and depth take over and the Huskers roll.

Pour me another glass of Peliniaid with a dash of freshmen kool aid!! :koolaid2::koolaid2:

They definitely aren't afraid to take on a BCS team, but just how impressive was their win against Texas A&M last year? A&M proved to be a fairly poor team. ASU ended up going to Alabama later in the year and getting blown out 35-0.

Definitely not saying I think ASU is a bad team, and I do think they'll play us tougher than FAU did, but I expect the game to go similarly as it did with FAU.

They definitely aren't afraid to take on a BCS team, but just how impressive was their win against Texas A&M last year? A&M proved to be a fairly poor team. ASU ended up going to Alabama later in the year and getting blown out 35-0.

Definitely not saying I think ASU is a bad team, and I do think they'll play us tougher than FAU did, but I expect the game to go similarly as it did with FAU.

I agree. I was telling some guys at lunch that I think it will be lcose for a half and tehn the speed an talent of the Huskers will pulls away starting in the third.

Take a look at their 2007 game at Texas. A-State beat them selves. They will be tough. If the Huskers don't put them away, they will gain confidence, continue to play hard, and hang around.

Take a look at their 2007 game at Texas. A-State beat them selves. They will be tough. If the Huskers don't put them away, they will gain confidence, continue to play hard, and hang around.

The refs stole our opportunity for a win there.....though, we received a nice apology from them on Monday morning. :angry:

I'm a stAte 'homer' and always predict that we'll win, but you'll be surprised by our team. Your starters will be in the entire way.

Our running game is sound and when Corey is 'on target' passing, we have a pretty decent passing game. I'm confident we'll move the ball. Our team is much more balanced than FAU.

The refs stole our opportunity for a win there.....though, we received a nice apology from them on Monday morning. :angry:

I'm a stAte 'homer' and always predict that we'll win, but you'll be surprised by our team. Your starters will be in the entire way.

Our running game is sound and when Corey is 'on target' passing, we have a pretty decent passing game. I'm confident we'll move the ball. Our team is much more balanced than FAU.

Agree; stAte can be a very unpredictable team, but I think we will give the Huskers a good game. My prediction -- we hung with then #4 Texas and got screwed at the end, we hung with Texas A&M and won the game, and we will hang with the Huskers.

I lived in Omaha during the mid-80s and attended a Husker/Buffs game in Lincoln. I was very impressed by the Husker fans all around me; the Buffs were not good, but your fans were a class act towards the Buff fans. That was one cold day and my feet felt like blocks of ice after the game . . . :laughpound

Other than the SBC games, I hope you guys win out.