Public apology

As someone who has bashed Matt O'Hanlon's performance, as well as that of the rest of the secondary, over the last few years I just want to say that he looked very much improved. It's not that I feel the need to apologize for being critical of his past performances, but I figure if I can criticize him when he plays crappy I should also be willing to give him props when he does well. Anyways, congrats O'Hanlon for playing well on Sat. Hope it continues. :bonez

I can't say that i remember to many busted coverages. But I would remain cautiously optimistic about our secondary. One of the reasons they were able to play so well IMO, is FAU was in max protect sending out only 2, maybe 3 WR's at a time. This made it easier for our guys to cover em.

But yes, they did play much better than they had in the past

I too have been critical of the secondary, especially the safeties. But I didn't get to see/hear the game so I'm not ready to believe the improvement yet.

My comment wasn't intended to convey that I thought the secondary as a whole was improved, just that O'Hanlon played better than I have ever seen him play before and I wanted to give him credit.

Though when I think about it, the secondary did look better as a whole, but that very well could be the fact that the opponent was FAU!! Asante still had a dropped INT and there was still some blown coverage, so if any I'd say the improvement was minimal!!

I too have been critical of the secondary, especially the safeties. But I didn't get to see/hear the game so I'm not ready to believe the improvement yet.

My comment wasn't intended to convey that I thought the secondary as a whole was improved, just that O'Hanlon played better than I have ever seen him play before and I wanted to give him credit.

Though when I think about it, the secondary did look better as a whole, but that very well could be the fact that the opponent was FAU!! Asante still had a dropped INT and there was still some blown coverage, so if any I'd say the improvement was minimal!!

It looked like we had way fewer blown coverages to me. I felt the secondary play was much smarter and more aware. And it's definitely true FAU didn't have many receivers in the pattern, so how they'll look against a more complex passing attack is still unknown. It just felt to me like the light bulb had turned on for the secondary in terms of what they were supposed to be doing, and that should translate into better play no matter who is trying to pass on us. Again, not saying we'll be shutting down passing teams, just that I think we're showing improvement. Only one game, though, so who knows for sure.

It looked like we had way fewer blown coverages to me. I felt the secondary play was much smarter and more aware. And it's definitely true FAU didn't have many receivers in the pattern, so how they'll look against a more complex passing attack is still unknown. It just felt to me like the light bulb had turned on for the secondary in terms of what they were supposed to be doing, and that should translate into better play no matter who is trying to pass on us. Again, not saying we'll be shutting down passing teams, just that I think we're showing improvement. Only one game, though, so who knows for sure.

Very true!!

I can't say that i remember to many busted coverages. But I would remain cautiously optimistic about our secondary. One of the reasons they were able to play so well IMO, is FAU was in max protect sending out only 2, maybe 3 WR's at a time. This made it easier for our guys to cover em.

Absolutely agreed.

We will have to see how they do against an offense that doesn't max protect and send only two or three receivers. NU benefited from being able to sit in coverage while only rushing the four down linemen. Playing against a miserable offensive line made it easy to sit back and break on balls.

Absolutely agreed.

We will have to see how they do against an offense that doesn't max protect and send only two or three receivers. NU benefited from being able to sit in coverage while only rushing the four down linemen. Playing against a miserable offensive line made it easy to sit back and break on balls.

Agree with both of you. The real test will come against a team who has the ability to pass and run and doesnt just send out 2 WR's per play. That said they did play very well but not much of a test this past week.

Absolutely agreed.

Agree with both of you. The real test will come against a team who has the ability to pass and run and doesnt just send out 2 WR's per play. That said they did play very well but not much of a test this past week.

I fully expect no drop off in secondary play, not because of kool-aide, but because if teams don't max protect, our d-line will be making lunches in their backfield. Hurry the QB and the secondary lives large.