DVRing the game this weekend

okay, the game is PPV...unfortunately I have a wedding to go to (girlfriend's co-worker...I know I know, we discussed this at length and I had to give in). Anyway, the girlfriend is going to buy the PPV game for me but we started wondering if we need to DVR it. The wedding is at 2pm so right after it we're rushing home to watch the game before the reception starts at 6pm.

So how does the PPV work? I know it's available for 6 hours as PPV but can I just access the game anytime I want, starting at the beginning...or do I need to set up the DVR to record the PPV channel?

I'm thinking I can just order it...come home and press play and it will play from the start. But I don't want to be wrong and miss out on the entire first half!!!

okay, the game is PPV...unfortunately I have a wedding to go to (girlfriend's co-worker...I know I know, we discussed this at length and I had to give in). Anyway, the girlfriend is going to buy the PPV game for me but we started wondering if we need to DVR it. The wedding is at 2pm so right after it we're rushing home to watch the game before the reception starts at 6pm.

So how does the PPV work? I know it's available for 6 hours as PPV but can I just access the game anytime I want, starting at the beginning...or do I need to set up the DVR to record the PPV channel?

I'm thinking I can just order it...come home and press play and it will play from the start. But I don't want to be wrong and miss out on the entire first half!!!

Just be safe and set the DVR to record at kickoff and run for 6 hours. PPV starts when the game starts (at least on Dish), not when you tune in.

I DVR'd the FAU game even though I was still watching it live, much better to watch again and FF through the junk, especially when you know we were gonna roll. :nanalama

Anyways, I think you are best playing it safe and recording it. I'd hate to turn it on and its in the 3rd quarter and there is no way to rewind it.

GBR

I DVR'd the FAU game even though I was still watching it live, much better to watch again and FF through the junk, especially when you know we were gonna roll. :nanalama

Anyways, I think you are best playing it safe and recording it. I'd hate to turn it on and its in the 3rd quarter and there is no way to rewind it.

GBR

I use direct tv, and when you order the game either through your receiver or your computer, it automatically turns to the channel and records the game. And if you guys come home and the game is still on, you can start the game from the beginning while it continues to record the game. Hope that helps.

Ummmmm....doesn't the game start at 1PM? The OP said 6PM???? Just don't want you to miss it!

yeah, we're going to come home between the wedding and the reception so I can watch it.

I'll try and see if I can get it to record the whole game. I just know the way her and her roommate have her DVR setup...they probably have the thing full with shows like Big Brother and their Soaps. :wacko:

Quick question. Last year I DVR'ed a few games including the Gator bowl. I recorded the games to a dvd and everything was fine. Last week I recorded the Fla Atl. game and when I went to record it to a DVD it said that I couldn't record a copyrighted broadcast! I paid for it, the other DVR'ed games recorded just fine.

What gives???? :cry

what company do you have dish/cable with?

Directv. The same provider that I had last year. I have been having some issues with this new player I purchased. It will format the disc and then when I start to record it will spit out the disc and not work. Do you think that may have something to do with the "cannot record copyrighted material" message??

GBR

I use direct tv, and when you order the game either through your receiver or your computer, it automatically turns to the channel and records the game. And if you guys come home and the game is still on, you can start the game from the beginning while it continues to record the game. Hope that helps.

I have DirecTv as well and paid for the FAU game online. I wasn't able to order it thru the tv for some reason but that just may be how ours is setup. At anyrate, I also DVR'ed it while watching it live. I do know if you have a DVR, even if you DON'T record it, you can you still rewind it and start it over. But it's probably better to record it just in case

Ummmmm....doesn't the game start at 1PM? The OP said 6PM???? Just don't want you to miss it!

yeah, we're going to come home between the wedding and the reception so I can watch it.

I'll try and see if I can get it to record the whole game. I just know the way her and her roommate have her DVR setup...they probably have the thing full with shows like Big Brother and their Soaps. :wacko:

Should be "easy" to get around. Just go to the schedule of events recording and delete the other shows which will be recorded during the game. I say "easy" because one of roommates shows won't record and women are crazy.

Should be "easy" to get around. Just go to the schedule of events recording and delete the other shows which will be recorded during the game. I say "easy" because one of roommates shows won't record and women are crazy.

she just promised me that they will go through their DVR tonight and delete things they really don't need

let's hope this works...because I'll be flipping out if it doesn't!!!