Question for the student section....

TheKiD

Is it normal for people in the student section to put up their hands to form a.. well a vagina and yell that the other team's player is a b*tch and/or p*ssy?

I just brought my girlfriend to her first ever husker game today, and I have to say I was a bit ashamed by that. WTF is going on?

edit: i should add that this was not a majority.. but it was quite a few people.

Is it normal for people in the student section to put up their hands to form a.. well a vagina and yell that the other team's player is a b*tch and/or p*ssy?

I just brought my girlfriend to her first ever husker game today, and I have to say I was a bit ashamed by that. WTF is going on?

edit: i should add that this was not a majority.. but it was quite a few people.

Unfortunately, yes. Which is one of many reasons why I cannot stand college-aged guys.

Unfortunately, yes. Which is one of many reasons why I cannot stand college-aged guys.

What kind of guys are you in to? :laughpound

But seriously, that is what douchey college kids do. I'm sure everyone expects that kind of bs.

No... I don't think everyone does expect that. What we expect is the greatest/classiest fans in football. That'd be the opposite I think.

The name calling isn't a bit deal... it's the hand gesture. We have lots of hand gestures, and to an outsider it definitely looked like this was just another one of "our" gestures.

I don't think what they did is right, but at least they are being vocal...they need to quit saying what is being said but still need to be intense like a student section should, unlike the oldies telling people to sit down and be quiet...that just makes me angry!

That's the thing... the section really wasn't that loud/vocal/rowdy quite frankly. In fact I heard several people discussing leaving early (and did) to go watch the rest at the bar.

If you can't stand the fire, get out of the kitchen.

If you can't stand rowdiness/drunkenness, stay out of the student section! It's no different than any other student section in the country. There's no reason to think our drunken college students will be classier than anyone elses. You say it's not loud enough, but it is far louder than the rest of the stadium. You have to take the good with the bad. At least we arent tossing urine bombs at each other

If you can't stand the fire, get out of the kitchen.

If you can't stand rowdiness/drunkenness, stay out of the student section! It's no different than any other student section in the country. There's no reason to think our drunken college students will be classier than anyone elses. You say it's not loud enough, but it is far louder than the rest of the stadium. You have to take the good with the bad. At least we arent tossing urine bombs at each other

Way to set the bar high.

Let me reiterate this. Drunk people say stupid sh#t. Having "official" hand gestures to belittle the other team is a whole different monkey.

The good news is there were many good fans in the student section... they even got two waves going at once.

What kind of guys are you in to? :laughpound

But seriously, that is what douchey college kids do. I'm sure everyone expects that kind of bs.

yea we have to remember that not all those douchey college kids were raised with the same morals we Nebraskans were.

I don't think what they did is right, but at least they are being vocal...they need to quit saying what is being said but still need to be intense like a student section should, unlike the oldies telling people to sit down and be quiet...that just makes me angry!

That's the thing... the section really wasn't that loud/vocal/rowdy quite frankly. In fact I heard several people discussing leaving early (and did) to go watch the rest at the bar.

Um.. What student section were you listening to then? It was decently loud today.

People expect the students to be model citizens when well, their effing college kids. What do you expect? Even the best of fan bases have some douche bag fans. It's just the way it is.

If you don't want to put up with it, stay away from the student section. TO already moved em farther away than almost every other student section that way they could be themselves, and people still piss n moan. Get over it..

Couple things:

1) As another poster said, the people who are students here (myself included) are still young college kids who don't give a damn and will do what they want. I happen to be one of the people who discourages chants like "bullsh*t bullsh*t" and other things like that, because I don't think it's appropriate. But, they're still college kids and they're going to do what they want. I didn't like the hand gesture, either.

2) The student section is always louder than the rest of the stadium and is standing the entire game. It's not like the rest of the stadium that spends most of the time sitting and watching except when something good happens. We're always up and ready. I don't think it's fair to bash anybody for wanting to leave the game early when it was obviously going to be a big win for us. Plus, when you spend the entire game yelling, screaming, and standing, there isn't a lot of gas left in the tank come the end of the game when you already know you're going to win. Some people just lose the wind in their sails and are ready to get going. Plus, it was ASU, not Oklahoma or some other big game.

post-6824-1252816227.jpg

It's college football not church.