Hope you all have a great trip/visit to Blacksburg.....

BburgHokie

We Husker fans are looking at it as a measuring stick as to how our progress is coming. I hope you realize what a compliment that is to your program. Beamer ball rocks!!

Most alumni, myself included, still have difficulty wrapping that around our brains. Some remember Beamer's early years where we were an independent and an insignificant program. That was just before my time as a Hokie. I, however, remember the beating y'all gave us in the '96 Orange Bowl. I remember being the new kid on the block in the national stage. I don't think many of our younger fans truly appreciate where we came from.

But yeah ... it's difficult to fathom that Nebraska, with your history & tradition, considers the game against us a measuring stick. My oh my ... how far we've come.

It's quite a testament to the job Beamer has done over the formidable years of your program. Best of all, it was built the right way. I know most every Husker fan has nothing but great respect for your coach and the program as a whole. He is truly one of the best in the biz.

We Husker fans are looking at it as a measuring stick as to how our progress is coming. I hope you realize what a compliment that is to your program. Beamer ball rocks!!

Most alumni, myself included, still have difficulty wrapping that around our brains. Some remember Beamer's early years where we were an independent and an insignificant program. That was just before my time as a Hokie. I, however, remember the beating y'all gave us in the '96 Orange Bowl. I remember being the new kid on the block in the national stage. I don't think many of our younger fans truly appreciate where we came from.

But yeah ... it's difficult to fathom that Nebraska, with your history & tradition, considers the game against us a measuring stick. My oh my ... how far we've come.

Great post, hell great thread so far, I remember that game. Jason Peter had his helmit knocked off and still rumbled with the fumble for a few yards.

this is the best contest between two good teams who still are wondering how good they will be. NU hasn't played anyone yet, so vt playing a competitive game against a very good AL team will have all the advantages. Always tough D, at home TTaylor more mature and having already been thru the grinder. Will be very interesting.

Love the Tx-TT matchup, preeminent B12 conference matchup, good call by the TV dudes as not much competition on the schedule other than NU/VT game. Will be very revealing for both tx squads, TX obviously more a veteran team who knows who it is, tech always reloads offensively but can they stop Mccoy?

college football is off and running again and it is grt fun! good luck to huskers.

All it takes to get to where you've gone is year after year of winning football. You've been doing it for a long time with Beamer (who I love by the way). Nebraska just wants to be back in the same position which is why you are a measuring stick. Not to mention a road win against a Top 15 team hasn't happened since Dr. Osborne went into politics.

OK VaTechies, after I park in Lot 15, where should I go to spend some pre-game time?

I am in lot 5. Is this good for pregame? What are the open container policies in the reserved lots? Will we have room to play Cornhole?

Here is the link to the parking lots http://www.hokietickets.com/parking.html

Lot 15 is a little bit of a hike to the stadium but you nice walk through the campus.

Lot 5 is a good location to the stadium. Most, if not all, of Lot 5's parking spaces are assigned so your parking pass may have a number assigned to it. Shouldn't have an issue with space for Cornhole.

No problem with open containers. They only request no glass bottles however it is rarely enforced.

OK VaTechies, after I park in Lot 15, where should I go to spend some pre-game time?

I am in lot 5. Is this good for pregame? What are the open container policies in the reserved lots? Will we have room to play Cornhole?

Here is the link to the parking lots http://www.hokietickets.com/parking.html

Lot 15 is a little bit of a hike to the stadium but you nice walk through the campus.

Lot 5 is a good location to the stadium. Most, if not all, of Lot 5's parking spaces are assigned so your parking pass may have a number assigned to it. Shouldn't have an issue with space for Cornhole.

No problem with open containers. They only request no glass bottles however it is rarely enforced.

Thanks...see ya there. I will be the one wearing red!