NEB 43.5 / 10th

VT 38.0 / 20th

% Yrds TD INT

Lee 73.7 553 6 1

Tayl 50.0 252 2 1

CAR Yrds AVG TD

Helu J. 30 212 7.1 3

Willia 29 235 8.1 5

I see Vtech having an advantage on the running game, but their passing game is :facepalm:

If we can stop the run early, and control the game this should be a game that we can win with our qb and diversified offense. :snacks: GBR

I see Vtech having an advantage on the running game, but their passing game is :facepalm:

Everyone last year said their passing game was :facepalm:, but Taylor was still 9 for 15 for 171 yards. Not huge numbers, but he made our secondary look very silly at times. Granted, it's a much more experienced secondary, but we shall see how they fare.

The running is what I am worried about. Our rush defense the past two weeks hasn't been anything to hang your hat on, and that was against two Sun Belt teams. Hopefully they got some things shored up this week, otherwise we will be in for a long day.

So far I think the secondary has played extremely well this season, something I didn't expect. The only had one big break down that I can remember from the last two games, in which ASU QB Corey Leonard threw a deep pass down the middle for a nice gain before one of our backers caught up with him. Other than that, we haven't allowed any big plays and held teams pretty well in the passing game.

And I would argue that both FAU and ASU have better passing attacks than VaTech, so I think it is something for us to pride ourselves on.

Well, maybe not ASU.

So far I think the secondary has played extremely well this season, something I didn't expect. The only had one big break down that I can remember from the last two games, in which ASU QB Corey Leonard threw a deep pass down the middle for a nice gain before one of our backers caught up with him. Other than that, we haven't allowed any big plays and held teams pretty well in the passing game.

And I would argue that both FAU and ASU have better passing attacks than VaTech, so I think it is something for us to pride ourselves on.

Well, maybe not ASU.

The other thing is that while not stellar vs. the run, the D-Line has been getting good pressure on the QB's. 4 sacks last week and while they didn't get a sack vs. FAU, FAU had to max protect and 3 step drop to prevent sacks and the D-Line was in the backfield a lot causing pressure. No one seems to be really talking about the VT pass protection which has been pretty bad thus far, even Marshall got some heat on Tyrod. Our D-Line should have a good day getting to Tyrod, just need to bring him down.

The other thing is that while not stellar vs. the run, the D-Line has been getting good pressure on the QB's. 4 sacks last week and while they didn't get a sack vs. FAU, FAU had to max protect and 3 step drop to prevent sacks and the D-Line was in the backfield a lot causing pressure. No one seems to be really talking about the VT pass protection which has been pretty bad thus far, even Marshall got some heat on Tyrod. Our D-Line should have a good day getting to Tyrod, just need to bring him down.

The thing about VT is that you can get a good pass rush, but you also have to contain him too. I remember many times last year where we got good pressure but he just tucked the ball and ran for ten yards. That won't help us in this game. We need to get pressure on him AND keep him contained.

Pressure is going to have to come from the interior lineman. If end can take a true contain pass rush and not get baited into taking the inside they will have a good chance. What I have noticed with our ends is when they make there inside moves they are not a t QB depth making easy for the QB to get out side the pocket. They must drive the tackle to QB depth before dipping inside.

I truly hope the line stunt are not run as much as in the last to game becuase they have been unsuccessful. Yes Crick got a sack on a stunt. But on that particular play he was supposed to be outside contain. If that is done against this O-Line and Tyrod it could be trouble.

Pressure is going to have to come from the interior lineman. If end can take a true contain pass rush and not get baited into taking the inside they will have a good chance. What I have noticed with our ends is when they make there inside moves they are not a t QB depth making easy for the QB to get out side the pocket. They must drive the tackle to QB depth before dipping inside.

I truly hope the line stunt are not run as much as in the last to game becuase they have been unsuccessful. Yes Crick got a sack on a stunt. But on that particular play he was supposed to be outside contain. If that is done against this O-Line and Tyrod it could be trouble.

Another thing I have noticed with our DEs is that one of them gets pushed around and knocked on his ass alot. <_<

Everyone keep in mind.. our numbers are vs: Florida Atlantic and Arkansas St. and their numbers are vs: Alabama and Marshall.

The only thing I take away from those stats is VT runs much more effectively than they pass, which we knew already. Well that and we have a pretty efficient passing game thus far.

Va tech is a run first team. Just because they only have 150 ypg does not mean those yards don't hurt. They are usually big and painful for the opponents.... I think the 107th passing ypg is misleading because they played a great Alabama D and then ran all over Marshall. No need to throw when you can run against Marshall. It's about like saying you had a chance against the '95 nebraska team because they ranked low in Passing YPG. You didn't have a chance. BTW, I'm not comparing Va Tech to that team. Just giving perspective....