Our defense is good?

Not today.

However, it was great to see a game where it wasn't a scoring contest. I am very happy about where this program is heading defensively. They will get there. They will start with great defense and that's where we have seen a great improvement. Yeah VT's offense struggled, but mostly due to defensive pressure.

I am just excited to see how the team uses what they have learned today to go forward.

When things all get clicking, we will get to celebrate.. But not today.

I agree, Beside's for the Big kick return, And the pass at the end Tyrod Taylor and the VT offense Struggled. As did our's. I do believe this is a building block for us though. I remember last year the Vt game was kind of a wake up call i think the guy's knew what had to be done. Yes OU And Mizzou trashed us, BUT the game today SHowed me that we can Play on the road in a hostile Enviorment. It was Lee's first Start on the road I,m not ready to throw him Under the bus just yet. Infact I Honestly dont think ganz or Z.taylor could of done much better to be honest. I,m still Confident in this year and I will be win or loose!!

With that said, Virginia Tech's offense is far from being good. Very average offense too be honest. What concerned me was the husker offense not being able to score a touchdown. That's unexcusable. Yes, Virginia Tech has a good defense, but good god, they're not great. The offense needs to improve. Hell, Bama scored a td on them, and bama doesn't have a great offense. That has to get better.

And to give up the big play that late in the game is unacceptable. No way should Tyrod Taylor (of all people) be able to drive down the field for the winning score. The huskers have a lot to learn from this game. They have to improve before their trip to Columbia, because field goals won't beat MU. You're going to have to get in the end zone.

Agreed.

Overall grades for this game.

Defense - A

Why? They did an excellent job, with the exception of two drives, they did a good job keeping Taylor in the pocket, forcing throws, receivers who did not hang onto the ball. They just need to stay on their toes and not blow coverages.

Offense - C minus

I would go with a lower grade here, but they did convert well enough with the run game in order to get FG's from Henery. But it is still unacceptable from Lee, Holt, and other players for bad execution on the plays and from the coaching staff. They need ALOT of work if they want to get on the level the defense is at to compete with Top 20 teams.

yeah, we're going to get lit up by the big 12, but it wont be any different than last year

I dont believe that.

Offensively we will come back stronger starting with Mizzou. We proved that our defense can handle the big teams in the Top 25. If our Offense can improve from the mistakes they made during this game, i only see the OU game being a challenge for us this year.

10 - 2 still looks rather bright for us.