How will the players react??????

After losing a heartbreaker last year to Texas Tech, we laid the wood to Iowa state the next week in Ames. Considering the team we play Saturday resembles Iowa State quite a bit, I guess it's comparable. All things considered, I would think the team would react better after nearly beating a top 15 team on the road than they did last year getting completely embarrassed in Lincoln by Mizzou.

There's that, along with the second half of the Gator Bowl. We were behind, and the morale wasn't all that great. I was at the game: the Husker half of the crowd was pretty quiet entering that halftime. Had that been Callahan's team, I would've bet money that we would lose the game. The players never seemed to be able to pull themselves together at half under him. He must've been one hell of an underwhelming pep talker: "Well, erm, we've been amazing in every area..." Thank God we had Bo for that one. He riled himself up, riled up the players, and were able to come back to win.

Considering that, our guys will be out for blood next week. Cravin' some Cajun!

I think the team will respond quite well and I think our opponents are in for a real woodshed type of beatdown on Saturday. We need to get some things going in the right direction again in preperation for the Missery game. Doesn't mean we overlook the game this Saturday, just means we work on some things to get better.

When the Huskers under Callaghan lost like this it affected their psyche,

uh... short memory??

it happened under Bo too.

like last year when the skers lost to vatech at home and rebounded against Missou at home?

L 09-27-2008 30 Virginia Tech 35 Lincoln, NE

L 10-04-2008 17 Missouri 52 Lincoln, NE

it's an apple and oranges comparison because -- the difference this year is the fluffy creampuff inserted between vatech and misery.

oh, and for once...

you can thank pedey for that scheduling. he may have been a moron, but this was good scheduling.

and 2010 looks even easier.

bashing callahan is fun and easy but at least get the facts straight.

uh... short memory??

like last year when the skers lost to vatech at home and rebounded against Missou at home?

it's an apple and oranges comparison because -- the difference this year is the fluffy creampuff inserted between vatech and misery.

oh, and for once...

you can thank pedey for that scheduling. he may have been a moron, but this was good scheduling.

I wouldn't call that a similar comparison. The Huskers lost a heartbreaker on the road to a ranked opponent on regular rest. TT is the more comparable loss IMO, also got a cupcake in ISU afterwords.

uh... short memory??

oh, and for once...

I wouldn't call that a similar comparison. The Huskers lost a heartbreaker on the road to a ranked opponent on regular rest. TT is the more comparable loss IMO, also got a cupcake in ISU afterwords.

sorry,

the OPs point was -- under callahan they woulda folded (it affected their psyche) after a heartbreaker.

my point-- they did under bo as well. As I recall, and opinions may vary, losing to vatech at home was indeed a heartbreaker.

I might add that ANY comparison of different games/players/coaching staffs is moot and an apples to oranges one.

but hey, that's the internet for ya!

we do this every day. :dumdum

GO BO!!