Let me digress

Travis9

This isn't a post about benching #33. It is a post in response to all the RT cant play so that is why #33 does.

I want to point out a few facts.

1. in the 3rd week of fall camp, Sanders came out and publicly stated that RT was having the best camp of the whole secondary. (Lincoln Journal Star)

2. Depth chart comes out and RT is listed as Co-#1

3. After first game in which RT leads team in tackles, Sanders comes out puclicly again and states that they need to find ways to get RT on the field. (Lincoln Journal Star)

Now either our coaches speak out of turn and give us info they think we want to hear, or they say things then dont follow through.

This is not a knock on #33, but if a guy is having the best camp of anyone in the secondary, is 3rd on the team in tackles despite playing far fewer minutes than the starters, is in a position that the coaches themselves say they need to find a place on the field for him......................................

Then why the hell is he not in the game? #33 plays hard, but this play was not the first disaster of that game for him. Co-#1 means Co-#1 so why is RT not on the field too. That way at the end of a game, the kid who has played better is out there.

Just because somebody is having the "best camp" does not mean he is the best player. There are any number of reasons as to why O'Hanlon sees the field more. My best guess is that even though RT is a more athletic safety, O'Hanlon knows the defense better and plays the position better right now. If you could just combine the two persons, you would have one explosive safety.