Lee misses practice

np_husker

By Mitch Sherman

World-Herald Bureau

LINCOLN — Nebraska quarterback Zac Lee wore a protective device on his left non-throwing thumb and did not dress for practice today as the Huskers began physical preparations for their meeting Saturday night at home against Louisiana-Lafayette.

True freshman Cody Green worked with the first-team offense as Lee watched without pads, in his green jersey, on the grass fields east of the Hawks Center.

Lee was apparently injured Saturday in the Huskers’ 16-15 loss to Virginia Tech. The junior from San Francisco took every offensive snap, finishing 11 of 30 for 136 yards and two interceptions. He rushed eight times for 38 yards.

Nebraska did not score a touchdown in the game, though Lee did have a third-quarter TD strike to Mike McNeill called back because of a holding penalty on right guard Ricky Henry.

The severity of Lee’s injury and his status for the game this week is not known. NU coach Bo Pelini said today on the Big 12 teleconference that Lee was “fine” when asked about the condition of his QB.

Pelini said he expected Lee would improve as a result of the experience in his first start away from Memorial Stadium.

“I don’t think it will change him it all,” Pelini said. “He’s fine. He’ll come back more experienced for it. I think he’ll be better because of it.”

Lee was 42 of 57 (73.7 percent) for 553 yards and six touchdowns with one interception in his first two games as the Nebraska starter — victories over Florida Atlantic and Arkansas State.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Green also played in the first two games. He’s 5 of 9 for 36 yards and has rushed three times for 57 yards.

In Lee’s absence, junior Latravis Washington would play behind Green at quarterback.

Lee will obviously be the starter again against M"eth"U but i would not argue if green gets the start this week so that Lee can be fully healed and ready to whip some ass next thursday....

.....and no i do not want green to start outside of this game!

I agree and nobody in their right mind does want Green to start outside of this game.

Nice post

Lee will obviously be the starter again against M"eth"U but i would not argue if green gets the start this week so that Lee can be fully healed and ready to whip some ass next thursday....

Yeah, I would have liked Lee to get some snaps to gain confidence in the pocket again before Mizzou. I think he got a bit rattled on Saturday at times, especially in the 2nd half.

It doesn't sound as if it's a big enough of a deal for him not to start, I wonder how early in the VT game he received this injury. Either way the non-throwing hand shouldn't affect anything except receiving snaps and handoffs...

I agree and nobody in their right mind does want Green to start outside of this game.

Nice post

Right mind? Really?

You obviously haven't been reading the post in regards to the new found love for Cody Green after Zac's last game.

I am not one of the people out of their right mind, but if you look through the board your statement would imply there are a lot of insane people on the board.

Nice post

Right mind? Really?

You obviously haven't been reading the post in regards to the new found love for Cody Green after Zac's last game.

I am not one of the people out of their right mind, but if you look through the board your statement would imply there are a lot of insane people on the board.

There are a lot of insane people here..... you should know that from reading their post!

He is fine except for a broken hand!! lol :rollin:rollin

By Mitch Sherman

World-Herald Bureau

LINCOLN — Nebraska quarterback Zac Lee wore a protective device on his left non-throwing thumb and did not dress for practice today as the Huskers began physical preparations for their meeting Saturday night at home against Louisiana-Lafayette.

True freshman Cody Green worked with the first-team offense as Lee watched without pads, in his green jersey, on the grass fields east of the Hawks Center.

Lee was apparently injured Saturday in the Huskers’ 16-15 loss to Virginia Tech. The junior from San Francisco took every offensive snap, finishing 11 of 30 for 136 yards and two interceptions. He rushed eight times for 38 yards.

Nebraska did not score a touchdown in the game, though Lee did have a third-quarter TD strike to Mike McNeill called back because of a holding penalty on right guard Ricky Henry.

The severity of Lee’s injury and his status for the game this week is not known. NU coach Bo Pelini said today on the Big 12 teleconference that Lee was “fine” when asked about the condition of his QB.

Pelini said he expected Lee would improve as a result of the experience in his first start away from Memorial Stadium.

“I don’t think it will change him it all,” Pelini said. “He’s fine. He’ll come back more experienced for it. I think he’ll be better because of it.”

Lee was 42 of 57 (73.7 percent) for 553 yards and six touchdowns with one interception in his first two games as the Nebraska starter — victories over Florida Atlantic and Arkansas State.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Green also played in the first two games. He’s 5 of 9 for 36 yards and has rushed three times for 57 yards.

In Lee’s absence, junior Latravis Washington would play behind Green at quarterback.

Nice post

Right mind? Really?

There are a lot of insane people throughout the world. Why would you think some of them don't post here?

He is fine except for a broken hand!! lol :rollin:rollin

By Mitch Sherman

World-Herald Bureau

How did you get broken hand out of a protective device on his left non-throwing thumb?

Are you not able to read?