Husker Opponents

SaturnDrew

I was one of those people singing the praises of both CU and BU. That may have been a bit premature, then again, the season is still young.

Overall, the whole Big 12 is not as good as I thought it would be, SO FAR anyway. The only two decent matchups from the Big 12 non-conference (where both teams were ranked) were BYU/OU and NU/VT -- both very low scoring 1 point losses for the Big 12.

OU MUST take care of business at Miami.

Bradford has started throwing, he may be back for the Miami game.

Whether Bradford is back or not isn't going to really help them. Landry is playing pretty well as his replacement. What is killing OU is their O-line. They're all new starters this year who probably saw playing time sparingly last year. How they gel and progress throughout the season is what will determine OU's success IMO. We'll get a better idea on how good/bad their O-line is when they play Miami. Additionally, they have some new(er) receivers who dropped a lot of passes against Tulsa. Passes that were put exactly where they needed to be.

The Big 12 and college football in general are having early season problems with favorites going down. There is just too little data, a lot due to cupcake schedules and whether one game was an "off game" or sign of trouble ahead.

In the big 12 Okie lite seems not to be the team many thought they would be along with OU. Baylor hasn't met many expectations. Texas is Texas this year and though they had moments of looking beatable they are the top of the conference until proven otherwise. TT and MU seem better than pre-season opinions.

The Big Red even with a loss it's still unclear what type of team we have. VT a team that might end up with several losses or might not doesn't give us a good barometer. AKS and FAU don't tell us much of anything.

So as I see it things are up for grabs right now and we may be in the cat birds seat for the North or falter.

The road seems right now to depend on how we peform in Columbia. Will be interested to see both teams play this weekend.

Now I think Misery will be very tough and would expect a loss. Hope I'm wrong.

TT is much better than I thought and if we cannot beat Missouri I don't like our chances against Tech or OU

KU- they may be a sleeper but have played no one and I feel that we might well beat them on the road .

If we beat Misery-I think we win 2 out of 3 of the OU TT and KU games.

If we are defeated by Misery, I hope we win one of those 3 games.

Things may looked much different next week but right now I think it comes down to Oct 8. before we know what we have.

The Big 12 and college football in general are having early season problems with favorites going down. There is just too little data, a lot due to cupcake schedules and whether one game was an "off game" or sign of trouble ahead.

In the big 12 Okie lite seems not to be the team many thought they would be along with OU. Baylor hasn't met many expectations. Texas is Texas this year and though they had moments of looking beatable they are the top of the conference until proven otherwise. TT and MU seem better than pre-season opinions.

The Big Red even with a loss it's still unclear what type of team we have. VT a team that might end up with several losses or might not doesn't give us a good barometer. AKS and FAU don't tell us much of anything.

So as I see it things are up for grabs right now and we may be in the cat birds seat for the North or falter.

The road seems right now to depend on how we peform in Columbia. Will be interested to see both teams play this weekend.

TT is much better than I thought and if we cannot beat Missouri I don't like our chances against Tech or OU

KU- they may be a sleeper but have played no one and I feel that we might well beat them on the road .

Things may looked much different next week but right now I think it comes down to Oct 8. before we know what we have.

I would agree for the most part. I think Missouri is going to be a key game for us. Win this game and the only other looming North team will be Kansas.

If we can beat 2 of the 3 south teams this year, that will also be a huge accomplishment in it's own right. We haven't beaten more than 1 south team since...guess when...2003-04. Every year since then we have lost to either all three south teams or only beaten one.

This year it is very possible, considering I still don't think Baylor has enough talent to hang with us and that TT is still on a down year even though they played Texas well. Potts, although throwing well in his first 3 games this season, gave up 3 sacks and an int to Texas in 62 pass attempts. Throwing that much will help us at some point. Texas Tech has proven every year that they can't push themselves into the upper level of college elite simply because they don't run the football. They have 86 total rushing yards this year, and that is going to hurt them.

Because of the loss to VT and the way it happened after dominating them on both sides of the ball, this alone will spark an inferno as they now have the confidence and know how good they are. I will call it now, NU will run the table on their schedule. I definately wouldn't want to be the team lined up against them Saurday, as this is gonna turn out to be a horrifying exeperience for ULL. GO BIG RED!!!