Will there be KU suspensions or expulsions?

TrumanBD

My money says, it's going to end up being all over a girl. :rolleyes:

Oh sure....blame the skanky girl.

Sincerely,

Kate McEwen

1. It was not from a girl, they just got in a fight.

2. Morris twins did start it.

Report: Kansas fights were years in the making

by FOXSports.com

Updated: September 24, 2009, 11:37 AM EDT

Fights this week on the University of Kansas campus were the culmination of a long-simmering feud between basketball and football players according to a published report.

2009-10 preview Can't wait for the college hoops season to start? We get you ready for 2009-10 with our preseason guide HERE.

Citing sources on both teams, The Kansas City Star reported Thursday that the hostilities on Tuesday and Wednesday go back five years or longer. The situation attracted national attention when basketball starting point guard Tyshawn Taylor dislocated a finger during one of at least three incidents this week.

"It's about who's more popular on campus with the girls and stuff like that," a former basketball player told the newspaper. "It's escalated really bad now, but it's always been there."

The player indicated that some of the tensions stem from two programs battling for the limelight locally and nationally.

"I just know personally when I first got there, I just felt like the football players didn't like me," he said. "I felt like they were jealous of the attention we got, the notoriety we got."

Said a former football player: "It's a big ego thing," the former football player said. "It's like who pretty much runs the school, who's better."

Athletic Director Lew Perkins reportedly assembled the teams for a meeting to sort out what happened and to end the hostilities, which a former football player said escalated last spring when a fight at a campus bar continued at a campus dorm. The campus newspaper has reported that racial slurs have been exchanged between players on the teams.

"I am disappointed that some of our student-athletes put themselves in this position, and it's something that I am taking very seriously," Perkins said in a statement.

Coaches from both teams attended Perkins' summit, although basketball coach Bill Self hadn't yet returned from a recruiting trip.

Tuesday's fracas began because Taylor and football cornerback Anthony Davis had a disagreement about a woman, a source told the paper. A police report said the confrontation swelled into "taunting and shouting and then fighting" as about 100 people gathered.

Police were unable to identify the individuals who fought, though Taylor announced his involvement in a Facebook entry that was later removed.

"I got a dislocated finger ..from throwing a punch ...," Taylor wrote.

Taylor was treated at Lawrence Memorial Hospital on Tuesday night and released.

Police were called to Jayhawker Towers again Tuesday night, and another incident was reported Wednesday near "Wescoe Beach," a popular spot where many students congregate. In the latter incident, a basketball player reportedly shoved a football player down a set of stairs, triggering more fights.

After the meeting with Perkins, basketball players Cole Aldrich and Sherron Collins and football captains Todd Reesing, Jake Sharp, Kerry Meier and Darrell Stuckey issued a combined statement reminding everyone that all the athletes represent the same school.

"Now we want everyone know that we have met and talked it out," the statement said. "We realize we're all Jayhawks. We're proud of what both teams have accomplished."[/b]

Sincerely,

Kate McEwen

Guess or reality? If reality...source(s)?

Source was someone who lives in the scholarship hall, was at the dining place eating, and saw the whole thing.

By the way there was no girl involved in this at all. For those who care.

I must be the only one sad to see this? Sure, KU is "the enemy," but this kind of stuff isn't reflective of either program, or the school in general. They don't deserve this kind of stuff.

Doesn't anyone remember all the times Huskers have had brushes with the law? And how crummy you felt about those? Isn't there any remorse for these guys?

you know, you are right to a point... but TO was vilified for backing Lawrence, and it got national attention and criticism. Not our fault, as Husker fans, in taking some pleasure in seeing another program recruiting discipline cases... that is a win at all cost attitude, something that TO did NOT do but was wildly and widely accused of.

Letting LP back on the team for a NC game is win at all cost. No amount of cool-aid will wash that down.

I will take TO's word over yours, anyday...all day!

you are the only person in the US who would take the word of a politician over your average joe, any day, all day.

what macroboy posted is spot on and everybody knows it. However not everybody will admit it. Not even today.

Ask TO then... or watch the special recently aired on NET, TO addresses the allegations that LP was brought back just to win the NC... Are you calling TO a liar?!

Yes. And the best part is.......I'm not going to hell for it.

Then that's your problem and further begs the question why you are a husker fan... TO by far is the epitome of what a college coach should be, and his actions were always in the best interest of the players, university and the sport of football... in that order.

I must be the only one sad to see this? Sure, KU is "the enemy," but this kind of stuff isn't reflective of either program, or the school in general. They don't deserve this kind of stuff.

Doesn't anyone remember all the times Huskers have had brushes with the law? And how crummy you felt about those? Isn't there any remorse for these guys?

you know, you are right to a point... but TO was vilified for backing Lawrence, and it got national attention and criticism. Not our fault, as Husker fans, in taking some pleasure in seeing another program recruiting discipline cases... that is a win at all cost attitude, something that TO did NOT do but was wildly and widely accused of.

Letting LP back on the team for a NC game is win at all cost. No amount of cool-aid will wash that down.

I will take TO's word over yours, anyday...all day!

you are the only person in the US who would take the word of a politician over your average joe, any day, all day.

what macroboy posted is spot on and everybody knows it. However not everybody will admit it. Not even today.

Ask TO then... or watch the special recently aired on NET, TO addresses the allegations that LP was brought back just to win the NC... Are you calling TO a liar?!

Yes. And the best part is.......I'm not going to hell for it.

Then that's your problem and further begs the question why you are a husker fan... TO by far is the epitome of what a college coach should be, and his actions were always in the best interest of the players, university and the sport of football... in that order.

Sincerely,

Kate McEwen

Source was someone who lives in the scholarship hall, was at the dining place eating, and saw the whole thing.

Are you saying this was over a guy?

Sorry, that was bad and I apologize.

Sincerely,

Kate McEwen

Are you saying this was over a guy?

Sorry, that was bad and I apologize.

No need. Knowing Kansas it might have :dumdum