A Higher Calling for Husker Fans...

omahapanda

Really nice article.

I have yet to go to a Nebraska home game as an adult. I've lived in Texas half my life now and have been to two away games (Texas) two B12 champ (San Antonio,KC) games and a bowl game (San Antonio). I always sit surrounded by opponents' fans. I want to go to Memorial Stadium once, before I can't, and be a drop in the Sea of Red!.

That brings up a good point, we always worry about where we are ranked as far as national rankings, did we win this week, what did this team do. We are #1 on this list and no one is going to catch us at this time. Maybe the day will come that we don't sellout Memorial Stadium, but until that day comes Notre Dame and the rest of the country are just spinning their tires trying to catch us. :thumbs

That brings up a good point, we always worry about where we are ranked as far as national rankings, did we win this week, what did this team do. We are #1 on this list and no one is going to catch us at this time. Maybe the day will come that we don't sellout Memorial Stadium, but until that day comes Notre Dame and the rest of the country are just spinning their tires trying to catch us. :thumbs

I dont see the sellout ending anytime soon... or ever for that matter. The drawing power of the Sea of Red is too much to ignore... if the team plays, the fans will come!

It is always good to be reminded that there truly is "No place like Nebraska." We are so blessed to have something that truly unites the people of Nebraska; not just in Nebraska but nationwide. Where I live in Washington State, I occasionally run into another fan while I'm running my errands or whatever and we can always stop and chat about the team like we've known each other for years. It's really quite remarkable.

We should always be proud that we can share a magical gameday experience with opposing teams. Let other teams trash talk to other fans, but not in Lincoln. Let us never get away from that. Even where I live, I consider myself an "ambassador" for the university and my home state when I talk about Nebraska football and try to keep my words classy and respectful. I hope other out-of-staters do the same.

It is always good to be reminded that there truly is "No place like Nebraska." We are so blessed to have something that truly unites the people of Nebraska; not just in Nebraska but nationwide. Where I live in Washington State, I occasionally run into another fan while I'm running my errands or whatever and we can always stop and chat about the team like we've known each other for years. It's really quite remarkable.

We should always be proud that we can share a magical gameday experience with opposing teams. Let other teams trash talk to other fans, but not in Lincoln. Let us never get away from that. Even where I live, I consider myself an "ambassador" for the university and my home state when I talk about Nebraska football and try to keep my words classy and respectful. I hope other out-of-staters do the same.

I'm sorry, did you say something, I keep looking at the hottie in your Avitar. :dumdum