So, I need a wisdom tooth pulled

I have had my wisdom teeth for a while now. One of them got a cavity I never fixed and now the tooth is shot. :bang I know it needs to go but I don't have insurance and I hate the dentist! Anyone know how much this is going to cost me? How much is it going to hurt? Bear in mind, I HAVE passed a kidney stone. That hurt like no one's business. :madash

Other than the shot, no pain. They deaden the nerve and pull it. Or, if the nerve is wrapped around the root or the tooth is too decayed, they may have to crack/crush the tooth and remove the pieces. If so, there may be a stitch or two - but, again, you won't feel it.

Cost - I have no idea. Always had dental insurance. Sorry.

I had 3 of the 4 in my mouth cut out and the last one was pulled. I felt no pain during the procedure because they either knocked me out or gave me some medicine that made me think I was knocked out, IV Valium. My dentist was awesome and I didn't have any bruising or swelling like you hear about. I think the worst part for me was flushing out the sockets to make sure there was no food in there. That f-ing hurt pretty bad at times. Just a quick little hint: if your incisions start to bleed grab a tea bag and roll it up and place it on the area, grow up you sick minded fruits I know what you're thinking. There is a natural coagulation in the tea bag that will stop the bleeding.

I had 3 of the 4 in my mouth cut out and the last one was pulled. I felt no pain during the procedure because they either knocked me out or gave me some medicine that made me think I was knocked out, IV Valium. My dentist was awesome and I didn't have any bruising or swelling like you hear about. I think the worst part for me was flushing out the sockets to make sure there was no food in there. That f-ing hurt pretty bad at times. Just a quick little hint: if your incisions start to bleed grab a tea bag and roll it up and place it on the area, grow up you sick minded fruits I know what you're thinking. There is a natural coagulation in the tea bag that will stop the bleeding.

My advice:

DON'T do what BRI said. Just in my personal experience, this sucked because it would be bleeding in my mouth, the gauze pad would stick to it pretty well, and when i took it out it just ripped open the sore and caused it to bleed even more. After one time of doing that, I just left it alone and let time work on it.

The procedure itself isn't bad. It's the 24 hours that follow that's miserable.

If you need all four out..get them out all at the same time..I was told that because the pain would keep me from going back.

For some reason, It takes about 6 hours for Novocaine to work on my teeth/jaw...More than one dentist asked if I was partially African American..(I guess they have a denser jaw structure?).

I also drained one NO2 tank and was a third way through with the next one before they gave me something that KO'd me..

I was pissed they didn't let me take my car to the appointment or even my mtn. bike, so I had to jog ~4 miles in 105F heat back to work. (They were surprised to see me and sent my secretary out looking for me an hour before..I had to climb a chain link fence to evade her :box ..Wanted something to brag about to my future kids/grand kids someday since there's no snow out here and few hills).

Seems like I had a dry socket, but never got around to filling my drug prescription..Teabags did help, though..The membrane of the teabag didn't stick to the blood clot near as much as the gauze did..The tea gave the iron in my blood an interesting aftertaste, plus has mild pain blocking capabilities....

Really..The pain never got that bad..a little throbbing when I jogged back to work, and the dry socket a couple days later, but was much more mild than I was warned about.

Seems like my insurance was charged ~$500-$750 per tooth depending on impaction but price probably doubled since then.

My best friend went to a retired dentist operating out of his garage in Lincoln..He actually had to use a wood chisel to crack one and slipped..almost went through his cheek..then an hour later gave up.

Took me another 5 years and 1300 miles before I got up the courage to have mine out.

(They were getting mighty painful). :hmmph

I have had my wisdom teeth for a while now. One of them got a cavity I never fixed and now the tooth is shot. :bang I know it needs to go but I don't have insurance and I hate the dentist! Anyone know how much this is going to cost me? How much is it going to hurt? Bear in mind, I HAVE passed a kidney stone. That hurt like no one's business. :madash

That's too bad, ISRP.

Because you need all the wisdom you can get... :o

:lol::cowbell:

My advice:

DON'T do what BRI said. Just in my personal experience, this sucked because it would be bleeding in my mouth, the gauze pad would stick to it pretty well, and when i took it out it just ripped open the sore and caused it to bleed even more. After one time of doing that, I just left it alone and let time work on it.

The procedure itself isn't bad. It's the 24 hours that follow that's miserable.

Don't do what???