So just got back from the game....

BigRedNV

Don't need to run with Gabbert! He's a one man wrecking crew. He looks better in Black and Gold, don't you think?

He does. I'd rather have him in black and gold than in scarlet and cream if that's not what he wanted. Look at Witt as an example, didn't want to be here and his play showed it. I wish the best to both of them, except for Oct. 8th

Hopefully Gabbart ends up with the same record another highly touted recruit had against NU... I loved the way NU smacked Freeman around every year he was at KSU :)

Like I said in another thread, was not impressed with Mizzou, they should have smacked NV up and down the field and they let them hang around... Yeah Gabbart had impressive yardage but 25-40 not so impressive, he made poor decisions most of the night.

After watching Gabbert against the Illini and Nevada I have had a change of heart. I really thought he would be a lot better qb than Daniels if not already. But I'm seeing much as we saw out of Josh Freeman, an incredible NFL type qb but not a college one. Look at all the top qb's in the NFL over the years and tell me how many of them played on national championship NCAA teams. Look at Tebow. Some project him not even a second round pick but he does well in college ball. Gabbert looks like a version of Roethlisbeger, a qb out of Miami...... of Ohio! He'll display his skills until he's eligible for the draft and barring any injury should be easily a first round if not a first pick in the draft. But as far as NCAA type qb's he'll not set the world on fire.

I say we hang 60 on them if we can.

I'm not saying we'll blow them out that bad, maybe they'll improve & it'll be a game after all. But if it turns into blowout I'll be so pissed off if Bo Pelini takes his foot off the gas pedal at all. I still remember that fake field goal Missouri pulled in '07 - completely low class, the game was clearly out of hand. We need to make them pay for that. No mercy - no matter how bad they're hurting

I really hope that doesn't happen. NU is all about class, and the blowouts of old were because the other teams couldn't stop the 2nd and 3rd string offenses that NU threw out there.

If we keep scoring with Sexy Rexy and Mean Green, then that would be awesome, but no running up the score just for some silly payback.

If I were a Husker fan, I would be encouraged by what we saw last night. I am certainly happy that Gabbert was able to put together a nice stat line and do what needed to be done to get the W, but I can't help but be concerned about the fact that (a) Mizzou couldn't run the ball; and (B) Nevada's second- and third-string RBs were blowing through gaping holes at times. There are lots of loose ends to be pinned down before B12 play begins.

If I were a Husker fan, I would be encouraged by what we saw last night. I am certainly happy that Gabbert was able to put together a nice stat line and do what needed to be done to get the W, but I can't help but be concerned about the fact that (a) Mizzou couldn't run the ball; and (B) Nevada's second- and third-string RBs were blowing through gaping holes at times. There are lots of loose ends to be pinned down before B12 play begins.

quantrill this is what I took away also, but I was greatly impressed by Alexander. NV gave up way too many long gainers on 3rd down and that was their undoing coupled with that fumble on the 1 yard line going in. I can't help but thinking that no way does NU give up that many long gainers on 3rd and long allowing MU to move the chains. Gabbert made some moves on the run and seems to run well enough for a big man but NV's line and LB's aren't as fast as NU's, I think they get him down for a sack more often. However Gabbert made some really nice throws and MU really gets up for NU so this should be a fun game.