So just got back from the game....

BigRedNV

If Mizz plays like they did tonight, than Nebraska will roll 'em like the old days. Nevada D stopped them throughout the night with the biggest weakness being pass plays on 3rd and long. I'm sure they'll be a lotta crap talked between now and then, but Mizz fans who were at the game are surely worried about the upcoming game against Nebraska.

:box

I say we hang 60 on them if we can.

I'm not saying we'll blow them out that bad, maybe they'll improve & it'll be a game after all. But if it turns into blowout I'll be so pissed off if Bo Pelini takes his foot off the gas pedal at all. I still remember that fake field goal Missouri pulled in '07 - completely low class, the game was clearly out of hand. We need to make them pay for that. No mercy - no matter how bad they're hurting

Some interesting stats....

Blaine Gabbert threw for 414 yards

Mizzou 6/13 on 3rd down conversions

Nevada racked up 364 total yards of offense

Gabbert looked sharp at least in highlights

Very impressive numbers for Gabbert.

Pretty good 3rd down conversion rate. Nothing to write home about and their is definite room for improvement though.

364 yards is not a good thing though. Nebraska got away with giving up 300+ yards simply because they didn't allow points, but allowing points and that kind of yardage is something that needs looking at.

Can't wait for this game. I hope that it is hard fought but Nebraska wins by two TD's at least.

Pretty good 3rd down conversion rate. Nothing to write home about and their is definite room for improvement though.

364 yards is not a good thing though. Nebraska got away with giving up 300+ yards simply because they didn't allow points, but allowing points and that kind of yardage is something that needs looking at.

Can't wait for this game. I hope that it is hard fought but Nebraska wins by two TD's at least.

I don't get what the BFD is. Zac Lee would put up the same numbers against Nevada

I don't get what the BFD is. Zac Lee would put up the same numbers against Nevada

:yeah Especially since Mizzou couldn't run the ball to save their lives against a VERY average Nevada defense. Missouri had 78 yards rushing on over 20 carries. You take away a 42 yard run by Washington in the fourth and... well.. you get the picture. If you have no running game and your quarterback can throw (once again, against an AVERAGE Nevada defense), of course his stats are going to be outrageous and look amazing.

We'll see how their offensive effort stacks up when the Blackshirts come calling. :w00t

Especially considering he was 25/40. That's not that good a percentage against an average team like that. Some drops maybe? You would think more than 63% against a team like that if he is that great. Maybe I'm used to Colt McCoy and Bradfords completion %. Maybe I drank a lot tonight....

Maybe I need to go to bed....yep, that's it.

I thought Gabbert made a number of bad throws. To be fair he had some great throws scrambling from the pocket. The thing that struck me was how often he had to scramble from what seemed like an average four man rush. Again, others have mentioned this and I agree; Missouri gets up for Nebraska. I am going to go into the Missouri vs. Nebraska game with impression that the Tigers will be better than the team we saw last night. However if they are not better on both sides of the LOS, then the Huskers may have a fun night in Columbia. Missouri was clearly not up for last nights game.

414 yards - 3 TD's. Nuff Said.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match. But just wanted to give my opinion. Gabbert had a good game, but did not look stellar in my eyes. Should have had at least 2 picks if the defense was looking for the ball. One touchdown was on an illegal pick. And a lot of yards came from YAC by the receivers. Especially Alexander, he made that D look atrocious. Just my .02

Missouri has no running game. Did anyone else pick this up? If it weren't for Gabbert's arm, Missouri would have been scorched last night.

I think i saw the stats in another thread. I believe they had 78 yards rushing on 20 carries. That is including a 42 yard scamper from Washington late in the 4th. Take that run away and well, one word, pathetic.