Cody Green...

rawhide-jr

So I'm standing near the elevators on the 14th floor of the downtown Lincoln Holiday Inn last night, talking to my girlfriend on the phone about the game. The elevator bell rings and I move out of the way so the folks could get off. I look up and Cody Green and family are walking out. I froze and gave him the "what's up" head nod, and he returned it and smiled.

After he went to their room, I scrambled back to my room and fumbled around looking for my hat (which I had Matt Davison and Joe Ganz sign earlier in the day)... I told Rawhide Sr. about it and ran back out the door. Cody eventually came out and I asked him to sign my hat, which he did with a smile. I talked to him for a minute or so and thanked him for playing for us... This trip has been awesome! :w00t

Thats awesome to hear. I had the privilege of meeting Cody the weekend he moved in last year. I would have to say he was one of the most down to earth guys I have ever met in my life. I'm glad he's still that way, because sometimes when you join a team or just meet new people, it's easy to change the way you act to fit in better.

" Dad, Suh has legs for arms." priceless.

6-6 300lbs DT named Suh meeting a ten year old kid.

Thats gonna be imprinted in his mind for a long time. :)

It has, he is 5' 1" 105 which is big for 10 year old around here. plays defensive tackle. his #is 77 in honor of his older cousin who plays d-tackle. his next pick was #93

I remember taking my son to his first Husker game when he was around 10 also. I'm going to date myself on this one but he was out of film before the game started. It was against Mizzou by the way. Long story short, Broderick Thomas was his hero and we never saw him come through. He was out on the field and came through late and was walking through the fans. He turned and nailed my kid with his elbow right in the face. He said "sorry there little buddy". My kid was in seventh heaven for a long time after that!!