here is the best average of rankings that i have seen...

I keep hearing the mantra that "we haven't earned anything" yadda yadda. Know what? If you look at most of the teams in the polls, NEITHER HAVE THEY. We're not the only team that has to prove ourselves--so does every other team (although it sure doesn't seem like it at times).

On a side note: It is rather unfair to saddle Pelini with the past shortcomings (losses) of two prior coaching staffs. That's what I come to expect from the national media--NOT NU fans. This staff is earning their pay and you darn well know it. If you can't see this team making leaps and bounds improvements since this guy took over, then I don't know what games you're watching. In Year One, we've seen a team go from basically being functionally illiterate to winning a bowl against a decent team. In Year Two, we're beginning to develop an identity and a winning attitude.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not going to sit around in a self-imposed purgatory because "we haven't earned anything yet." I'm enjoying every minute of watching this team rise from the ashes. I may never see it again, and it makes me wonder if this what the first Devaney years were like. I suggest that we sit back and savor watching it grow. Feel free to gripe about our ranking--that's why these forums are here. Just keep it all in perspective and remember that we're not the only team that has to prove ourselves.

thank you. very well said! i dont know wny some people think that we have to earn it but a team like LSU does not (they beat washington and that is it)......

Polls are part of what makes college football what it is. Every poll until the one posted after the BCS championship game is meaningless. But I think it's fun to debate and argue them. If polls bother you so much, just don't pay attention to them.

Sadly....in college football even some of those can be meaningless or should I say...they miss the mark. It is what it is though. We live with it.

http://www.mratings.com/cf/compare.htm

Nebraska sits at #12 overall right behind USC and right ahead of OU...

interesting...

I have been posting that poll occasionally since last season. It is a mix of 50+ polls. Their individual ratings are in the columns for each team. And yes the USA and AP polls are there.

If you click on a team, it will show the present schedule/results.

It was always ignored by folks on message boards. :dunno

Until the vtech game NU was around #40.

go figure.

http://www.mratings.com/cf/compare.htm

Nebraska sits at #12 overall right behind USC and right ahead of OU...

interesting...

I have been posting that poll occasionally since last season. It is a mix of 50+ polls. Their individual ratings are in the columns for each team. And yes the USA and AP polls are there.

If you click on a team, it will show the present schedule/results.

It was always ignored by folks on message boards. :dunno

Until the vtech game NU was around #40.

go figure.

it really is a good breakdown....no matter how many people might think it overrates us.

and i think that means that not only NU fans think that we look like an even better team after LOSING to Vtech, but so do a lot of other people...