Game Plan

Trules

How do you think NU will game plan for MU? Do you think they will blitz and try to make Gabbert make quick decisions or play back and force them to run the ball and drop people in coverage.

As a Mizzou fan I think we will try to load the box and stop the run, hopefully we can do it.

How do you think NU will game plan for MU? Do you think they will blitz and try to make Gabbert make quick decisions or play back and force them to run the ball and drop people in coverage.

As a Mizzou fan I think we will try to load the box and stop the run, hopefully we can do it.

I'm hoping we can get enough pressure on Gabbert with our front 4 without blitzing. Nevada was able to put quite a bit of pressure on him. Dillard can spy and use the other backers in coverage. I'm hoping Lee learned from his game at VaTech, because I can imagine MU is going to try and force Lee to beat them through the air.

I'm hoping we can get enough pressure on Gabbert with our front 4 without blitzing. Nevada was able to put quite a bit of pressure on him. Dillard can spy and use the other backers in coverage. I'm hoping Lee learned from his game at VaTech, because I can imagine MU is going to try and force Lee to beat them through the air.

Do you think Dillard gets significant time? I was thinking that they'd be playing our quicker linebackers . . . and maybe even a lot of nickel.

Play receivers close, blitz one or two per snap, take away the quick pass and make him run or throw on the run into coverage.

Don't "need" to play the run, but loading the box making it seem as if everyone is comming for gabbert. He'll get happy feet when he see that their o-line just missed another block.

Do you think Dillard gets significant time? I was thinking that they'd be playing our quicker linebackers . . . and maybe even a lot of nickel.

Yes I do, Carl Pelini said moving Dillard to WILL was a move they should have done sooner. Sounds like he has made a home for himself there, and he did it by working his tail off. I was a doubter, I have to eat some crow and I am happy to do so because he has made a positive difference.

Yes I do, Carl Pelini said moving Dillard to WILL was a move they should have done sooner. Sounds like he has made a home for himself there, and he did it by working his tail off. I was a doubter, I have to eat some crow and I am happy to do so because he has made a positive difference.

Hmmmm. Could be. I thought he was put in against VaTech primarily to stop the run . . . and I thought that meant that he would be used more against run first teams and less against pass heavy offenses. Also . . . he was playing with the 2's and 3's at the end of the LA game. (Doesn't mean he won't start this week though . . . )