Congratulations on the win

DocNice

Suh's play was not dirty at all. He went for a tough tackle and made it. This is football, not patty cake. Tell your beloved Witherspoon to take his punches elsewhere. That fool needed to be kicked out of the game for that bs punch on McNeil. Respectable post Doc but lets get real here.

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, however....

After watching a bunch of replays of the horse collar penalty against Suh, it looked like he pulled him down by his jersey. If he had his hand inside Gabbert's pads, then it lasted for less than a half second. Am I the only one who noticed this?

Totally a bull call. The hands to the face was questionable as well. So was the helmet to helmet on Ebner. Ebner made a perfect form tackle. Sometimes helmets hit. Lots of bad calls in that game.

I have to agree on the helmet to helmet. This penalty is just stupid, and they only call it if it happens to a QB. Ive seen this go uncalled so many times, and yet people keep getting burned for NOT doing it.

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, however....

After watching a bunch of replays of the horse collar penalty against Suh, it looked like he pulled him down by his jersey. If he had his hand inside Gabbert's pads, then it lasted for less than a half second. Am I the only one who noticed this?

Totally a bull call. The hands to the face was questionable as well. So was the helmet to helmet on Ebner. Ebner made a perfect form tackle. Sometimes helmets hit. Lots of bad calls in that game.

I'm getting so sick of some of these penalties. A couple of things bothered me about tonight...

1) I understand that they are trying to protect the players, but this is football for crying out loud, not soccer. It is a physical sport. If they are going to start calling all these 15 yarders now, the decency would be to review them instead of just call them as is.

2) Why does it seem the refs never discuss penalties? On Larry Asante's pass interference call, two refs called it incomplete and one threw the flag. In 5 seconds or less they called pass interference. After seeing the replay, it was the right call, but if two refs see one thing and one ref sees another, what the hell?

I'll admit that I gave Missouri less credit than I should have. I've watched their games, and I was honestly not seeing a team that should have competed with us in the trenches. Our D Line did what I thought they would do, but your D Line was VERY impressive. I'm concerned about a repeat of 2008 Oklahoma if our O Line doesn't do better. Hats off to the Tigers for playing damned gutsy and just stellar on defense.

Through three quarters this game was Missouri's. After all those stats I pulled, all the games I'd watched, I was just sitting there shaking my head. Straight up, you guys won 3/4 of that game.

The fourth quarter... weird. Nobody can blame those TDs on Missouri's defense. They played tough and were put in difficult situations. Two of our TDs could easily have been picked off.

Good luck with the rest of your season, and make sure you take Kansas down. We'll be rooting for you there.

Respect to MU defense...they were much better than I thought.

I agree, but in my current drunken stupor, I have thought for the past few years that MU's defense has looked absolutely terrible coming into this game, only to find after the bye week that they had addressed their problems. Before the season started, I actually was thinking that Pinkel would get the best of the Huskers one more year (since he had a bye week to prepare), but only one more year; although I predicted in my head that this would be a loss, I did figure it would be the last Husker loss to MU for awhile.

I will say this: There are a few Tiger fans on this board that I enjoy a great deal, including and especially FRO, and for those few people, thank you for regaining my lost respect back via this forum. Sorry, but previously any respect I did have was thrown out with mr. CD, possibly the only college football player I have ever actually hated because of his douche-baggery. There are a few of you Tiger fans on this board that I would watch a game with and buy you a beer, and probably more than that, win or lose.

:cheers

Oh, and in case it matters, this will always be one truth: :espnsucks:

i agree. bad calls are getting outta control in football.

i heard an idea years ago that really should happen no joke.

after every game have the referees in a live press conference and ask them questions on the calls they made. question the reasoning behind calls. because they'll call something one minute and not call it the next minute. this not bein able to hit the QB thing is ridiculous. whats a player supposed to do? put on the brakes and fall to the ground if the qbs sits back to throw? what if they pump fake it? ive seen players coming at the QB in one motion while he's throwin the ball and get called for a personal foul. it's not fair. its called football. i understand cheap hits but gimme a break. the QB is a player on the football field just like everyone else.

also don't like these late hit out of bounds calls. players will tip toe the line and when they see a player come at them they get outta bounds real quick at the last second. and the player gets called for a 15 yarder. whats that player supposed to do? stop the pursuit? again what if the player makes a move inside? again it forces a player to stop his pursuit of another player early. leaving them extra chances to gain more yards. and im not saying this because it's a bad rule. i agree with the not late hitting out of bounds. but i've seen a hundred bad calls on this the past 5 years or so. and its ruining football. something seriously needs to be done about this.

one other thing. if they are gonna make these calls as much as they do. there should be a difference in yards penalized between a blatent personal foul, cheap hit, late hit, etc then one that a player gets that is questionable and in the motion of hitting the player as they're throwing/going out of bounds. its making questionable calls help start a drive for one team. its not fair. and most of all it's not football.

PF calls are completely out of control this season. I accept them on behalf of my team when they are merited, but thus far, not too many have been. Again, all I can say is that they are out of control.

I'm not going to argue about calls tonight, though a few were questionable, there were a few in previous Husker games that were totally bogus. "Unreviewable" calls need to be reviewable at all times to keep accountability at all times.

I understand refs are on the front lines and things do happen very quickly - I wouldn't want that job. But, if I was a ref, I would really strive for 100% accuracy, like I do in any other endeavor.