Congratulations on the win

DocNice

Oh btw, it's f'ing hilarious you think Suh's tackle on Gabbert was dirty. The refs had no problem calling personal fouls out there, often on "fouls" that were questionable. So why was there no flag? Because it wasn't dirty, it was a tackle and Gabbert just happened to get twisted up. You made a pretty good post, but the little QQ there shows you to be nothing more than the usual tool.

I just watched it again. I could go either way I suppose. But I do think it was a pivotal play.

I'll admit that I gave Missouri less credit than I should have. I've watched their games, and I was honestly not seeing a team that should have competed with us in the trenches. Our D Line did what I thought they would do, but your D Line was VERY impressive. I'm concerned about a repeat of 2008 Oklahoma if our O Line doesn't do better. Hats off to the Tigers for playing damned gutsy and just stellar on defense.

Through three quarters this game was Missouri's. After all those stats I pulled, all the games I'd watched, I was just sitting there shaking my head. Straight up, you guys won 3/4 of that game.

The fourth quarter... weird. Nobody can blame those TDs on Missouri's defense. They played tough and were put in difficult situations. Two of our TDs could easily have been picked off.

Good luck with the rest of your season, and make sure you take Kansas down. We'll be rooting for you there.

Respect to MU defense...they were much better than I thought.

Thanks, though I do think NU's got some soul searching to do on their passing game. You just can't allow teams to stack the box like that against you. Or at least you gotta make them pay. Maybe the rain had something to do with it too.

Do your own soul searching. We kept Jesus Gabbert under 50%. And ruined his little non-int record.

Agree with the first two paragraphs.. but in no way was Suh's hit dirty, don't take away a great effort by a great player! There were alot of questionable calls in this game, MU's left guard could have been called for a hold on almost every play, his tackles were in the double digits... The helmet to helmet contact on Lee was a legit and obvious call.. but Suh's tackle, r u serious??? in no way was it dirty or illegal.. is ur name by chance Mr. Daniels?? (referencing the spitting incident last year)

Um, the whole idea on defense when tackling usually to tackle someone as hard as you can while keeping it legal. If Gabbert wants to make 99.99% sure he doesn't get hurt in the future when a big lineman is coming after him, he should just fall down before they get there. If he stays up and tries to make a play (as he should), then he has the chance of getting rolled up (or squashed) and hurt. It's a f'ing contact sport and it happens. QQ a little more.

Agree with the first two paragraphs.. but in no way was Suh's hit dirty, don't take away a great effort by a great player! There were alot of questionable calls in this game, MU's left guard could have been called for a hold on almost every play, his tackles were in the double digits... The helmet to helmet contact on Lee was a legit and obvious call.. but Suh's tackle, r u serious??? in no way was it dirty or illegal.. is ur name by chance Mr. Daniels?? (referencing the spitting incident last year)

The reason I'm not sold is that Suh knocked it loose. Did he not know he knocked it loose? Did he not feel Gabbert lunge for it? I've played enough to know that you usually know when the ball is loose, especially when you knock it free. No, I think he was sending a message. Some people think that's part of the game. I don't.

But this is much ado about nothing. I apologize for making it an issue.

Doc, much respect for coming back and posting (and quite a long, good post at that) so shortly after that tough loss. That said, you are 100% wrong on the Suh play. Watch it in real-time. He was just swinging him to the ground like you would do on any tackle where you are behind the guy holding him around the waist. The fact that Gabberts leg got caught was just unlucky. Suh was just swinging him to the ground. He also had no idea the ball had come out because his face was right up in Gabberts lower back. Gabbert saw the ball come out, and instead of just continuing to the ground as Suh swung him, he tried to fight back towards the ball. This is when his lead leg (the right) hit Suh's left leg, and got caught under Suh's thigh. Absolutely no way Suh could have stopped the swing 3/4ths of the way through at that speed when Gabbert's leg got caught at the last millisecond. Watch it again tomorrow and I think you'll agree.

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, however....

After watching a bunch of replays of the horse collar penalty against Suh, it looked like he pulled him down by his jersey. If he had his hand inside Gabbert's pads, then it lasted for less than a half second. Am I the only one who noticed this?

After watching a bunch of replays of the horse collar penalty against Suh, it looked like he pulled him down by his jersey. If he had his hand inside Gabbert's pads, then it lasted for less than a half second. Am I the only one who noticed this?

Totally a bull call. The hands to the face was questionable as well. So was the helmet to helmet on Ebner. Ebner made a perfect form tackle. Sometimes helmets hit. Lots of bad calls in that game.

Totally a bull call. The hands to the face was questionable as well. So was the helmet to helmet on Ebner. Ebner made a perfect form tackle. Sometimes helmets hit. Lots of bad calls in that game.

Agreed on the bad calls...

Good game, see ya next year...