Watson resolute amid tension

How about his 1st yeat at GT beating Miami, Boston College, Clemson, Florida State and Georgia?? Not enough for you to "buy into"? Well.....who cares.

They also had a game against Gardner-Webb(5-6) where they scored 10 points(all in the 2nd Qtr) and rushed 47 times for 79 yards.

I’ll give you the Georgia win being a good win but beating 3 very undisciplined teams in Miami, FSU, and Clemson doesn’t do much for me. Like I said if they beat Va Tech this weekend then “I’ll buy in”.

Run the ball, stop the run......win the game.

Currently so does P. Johnson.

Like when they rushed 39 times for 95 yards and gave up 184 yards rushing against Miami? Did they line-up run the ball, stop the run and win that day? Just saying. Now if GT comes out on Saturday, runs the ball, stop the run and wins against Va-Tech I’ll buy into them. That being said this year they have beat a bunch of below average teams (14-15 combined records with Jacksonville State having 4 of those wins). They are 5-1 this year and were 9-4 last year just like the Big Red. So you could say that Watson’s offense gets you just as many wins as Paul Johnson’s.

All the people saying that the defense won us the game against Mizzou, were you saying last year that Bo/Carl’s defense got bailed out because the offense was so good and won/kept us in games? It’s a team game and getting turnovers by the defense is part of the game. The offense capitalized on those turnovers. You don’t think that back in the “Glory Days” there were games that the defense played well and the offense did just enough to win?

Why is nobody questioning the Special Teams coach for the crappy play? Didn’t his units have just as much to do with Mizzou hanging around and having a chance to win?

very well said newearth.