Husker team captains

I think Herian will redshirt. I would hate to see him end his career on a low note with an injury bothering him all year. Make him a captain with his comeback in 06. I would like to see these four:

Bullocks

Ross

Koch

Le Kevin Smith

Bullocks and Ross have been solid contributors their whole careers, and they should be rewarded for that. I think Koch and Smith will be great leaders for each of their lines, and we need some guys to step up there.

Where is Grant Wistrom when you need him. We need someone who talks and actually has the game to back it up, but we are kind of lacking in the "game" department, at least amongst the seniors. Ross and Bullucks are both quiet and pretty cliquey from what I hear, and frankly I dont think that our club house leader should be Stew Bradley again. Maybe on of these new guys will step it up.

Where is Grant Wistrom when you need him. We need someone who talks and actually has the game to back it up, but we are kind of lacking in the "game" department, at least amongst the seniors. Ross and Bullucks are both quiet and pretty cliquey from what I hear, and frankly I dont think that our club house leader should be Stew Bradley again. Maybe on of these new guys will step it up.

Boy I'm glad you brought that up,I wrote an article on that last year..

For your convience: HQW #10: Where have you gone Grant? :clap

Ross and Bullucks are both quiet and pretty cliquey from what I hear,

That's interesting. I wonder if they are really cliquey or what. I can't imagine Ross being like that from the limited interviews I have seen of him. At least to the point where he or Bullocks would shun teammates away. Anyone else have any input on this topic? Cliques are NOT a good thing for a TEAM.

Ross and Bullucks are both quiet and pretty cliquey from what I hear,

That's interesting. I wonder if they are really cliquey or what. I can't imagine Ross being like that from the limited interviews I have seen of him. At least to the point where he or Bullocks would shun teammates away. Anyone else have any input on this topic? Cliques are NOT a good thing for a TEAM.

Well, since they are both "quiet", it could be that "cliquey" actually means the opposite - that they aren't part of a discreet group at all. They tend just to keep to themselves.

I have no idea, but I agree - they don't seem like the type.

Its perfectly fine to have two of the captains that are quite. They will be the ones leading by example on the practice field as well as on game day anyway. So put a greater emphasis on their work ethic and actions by them being captains. As long as all of the captains are not quiet it will be fine. Leading by example is just as good as yelling and screaming, but teams definitely need both.

Damn, guess thats why we pay you the big coin ETR - you get your arts done years in advance!! :thumbs

Its perfectly fine to have two of the captains that are quite. They will be the ones leading by example on the practice field as well as on game day anyway. So put a greater emphasis on their work ethic and actions by them being captains. As long as all of the captains are not quiet it will be fine. Leading by example is just as good as yelling and screaming, but teams definitely need both.

I think this was part of the problam last year. All the captains were guys who let their play do the talking. Like you said 1 or 2 of these guys would be fine, but everyone being like that is bad news. I don't believe LeKevin Smith would be quiet. I have a feeling he would get into some peoples faces if needed.

Damn, guess thats why we pay you the big coin ETR - you get your arts done years in advance!! :thumbs

I do what I can, BTW, you haven't paid me my last check. I've been waiting for five years now.