Greg Sharpe

I don't understand... aren't all the guys that call the games on radio "homer-ish"? Isn't that supposed to be a requirement?

Vince? Anyone? Bueller?

Oh God no. The worst announcer is a homer. Ever listen to Vin Scully? He calls a game the right way. You ever listen to a game on ESPN Radio or Westwood One? Those guys call a game the right way.

Sharpe does too. He is accurate and enthusiastic without being a Rose/ Pavelka-like homer. The homers are working so hard to be homers they lose the game. Real announcers don't.

Do you always bump your own questions? Here's a tip....don't. It draws more attention to you.

I like it when they show they're enthusiasm.

I bumped my question because it got ignored/overlooked and buried, and I'm not that patient. No need to be a jerk about it.

I love enthusiasm...... I think we all do. But not at the sacrifice of accuracy and professionalism.

As for your question being ignored........you actually had your answer when your question was ignored. I wasn't being a jerk as much as I was just pointing out the obvious.

I like Sharpe and think he does a good job.

Love Sharpe as he does a great job. I would like to hear Kugler call an NU game, but with him being an NU grad, I'm afraid he'd be too homerish. He does such a great job on Westwood One that I'm sure that same professionalism would come across in his calling of an NU game.

I don't think Kugler would be too homerish. I think USC is pretty fair when they need to be. The only question I would have is would he have to/even want to give up his NFL gig with Westwood One? I think he calls a great game though. I especially liked listening during the NCAA basketball tournament.

Some could say that some of the bits on USC might be inappropriate for the voice of the Huskers, but it doesn't really bother me.

USC inappropriate? That's funny. Those who think anything on USC is inappropriate would be flat out wrong.

Like I said, it doesn't really bother me. But not everyone wants to hear the word "penis" every 15 seconds.

I have been thinking what a wonderful addition Greg Sharpe has been for the Nebraska football program. I really enjoy hearing his radio call when I have to listen on the radio and wish we weren't in the age of delay so I could listen play by play and watch TV at the same time..

Greg Sharpe, he knows whats going on in the game, he gets excited and he shows it, he's got a great voice for radio and I really like his style..

Thank goodness Jim Rose is gone and we get spared the Rosisms like Memorial Stadium being "Ole Grandma". It's nice to know which player actually made the play, how much time is left and what quarter it really is.

I kind of miss Kent Pavelka, but now days I don't think I would trade him for Greg Sharpe..

HUHHHH????? Greg Sharpe is bland and his "Bo Pelini Show" has about the excitement of a root canal. I want Pavelka back! It hasn;t been the same without him in the booth!!

:yeah I don't like to be argumentative but, Greg Sharpe and the rest of the clowns are absolutely terrible.

Their broadcast is so numbing that you could go get a root canal and not feel a thing. I would compare them to listening to a High School broadcast. Sorry for the objection but, had to speak up on this one.

I will probably be castrated for this but bring Jim Rose back.

I have been thinking what a wonderful addition Greg Sharpe has been for the Nebraska football program. I really enjoy hearing his radio call when I have to listen on the radio and wish we weren't in the age of delay so I could listen play by play and watch TV at the same time..

Greg Sharpe, he knows whats going on in the game, he gets excited and he shows it, he's got a great voice for radio and I really like his style..

Thank goodness Jim Rose is gone and we get spared the Rosisms like Memorial Stadium being "Ole Grandma". It's nice to know which player actually made the play, how much time is left and what quarter it really is.

I kind of miss Kent Pavelka, but now days I don't think I would trade him for Greg Sharpe..

HUHHHH????? Greg Sharpe is bland and his "Bo Pelini Show" has about the excitement of a root canal. I want Pavelka back! It hasn;t been the same without him in the booth!!

:yeah I don't like to be argumentative but, Greg Sharpe and the rest of the clowns are absolutely terrible.

Their broadcast is so numbing that you could go get a root canal and not feel a thing. I would compare them to listening to a High School broadcast. Sorry for the objection but, had to speak up on this one.

I will probably be castrated for this but bring Jim Rose back.

That post crosses the 25, to the 30, spun down at the 31, for a gain of two. No thanks.