Did the fans Boo

trouble

I agree it was a bad game, but being pissed about it is going to do nothing. Hopefully Bo makes the switch to Cody and he is the spark our offense needs. I'm not overly concerned right now because the North Title and a shot at the Big XII Title was the focus before this season. We still have that opportunity as long as we beat our North competitors. I want to win as much as the next guy and I'm not very happy with the performance, but look ahead to Iowa State and see what we can do there.

I'm not even concerned about the North. Whoever wins the North gets to step right up to the chopping block against the South. It's just pathetic we can't keep in the game against a mediocre defense. For God's sake, Houston beat Texas Tech. Houston. Something has to change. I for one say put in Green. I've never said that before, but beating a dead horse with Lee isn't going to do us any favors. At least put the guy who can haul ass in since that seems to be half our play calling - having Lee try to run.

And as for the boos, they gave a terrible performance that we had to endure for 60 minutes. They can take 10 seconds of booing. This game was bullsh#t from start to finish, poorly executed, and what the hell is with the penalties? I thought Bo emphasized focus and fundamentals. We deserved that ass-whooping and have no one to blame but ourselves. Our O-line can't block, our receivers drop passes that I swear to God I could catch. And for the icing on the cake, I would be surprised if any of the recruits we had here today want to sign up. I was really looking forward to Carter.

Put Green in, let him get experience vs. ISU and Baylor, and maybe, just maybe, we can salvage this offense.

Well the offensive line problem could be fixed with a coach that's worth a damn as the offensive line coach. Cotton is horrible and needs to go..................

I want a ticket on that bus, been saying that all year long

This is what gets my blood pumping. "We're looked at as the best fans in college football." How? Other than clapping and cheering for the other team more than normal, I don't think we stand out. The majority of the stadium sits the entire game, and if we get down by more than 14 the crowd seems to just become apathetic. Though I personally don't agree with booing our team and coaches, I really don't have much of a problem with booing a poor performance, whether it be the coaching, or the officiating. I see nothing wrong with booing the officiating at half.

I'm a Nebraska Cornhusker fan. Whether or not that makes me one of the best fans in college football, I don't care.

I stood for the opening drive (which is a concession for me, I stand the entire game) because the jacka$$ behind me kindly tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I could "coordinate" with the other fans. This was, of course, after they all promptly sat after the first play of the game. Fans my a$$.

While I disagree with your idea on the booing (I believe we should hold ourselves to a higher standard) I think you are entitled to do what you want as you paid money to attend the game. My entire family has commented on it this year, however, that it seems Memorial Stadium is not what it once was. Teams used to be intimidated walking in there and seeing the Sea of Red (that's right, NOT WHITE OR BLACK OR WHATEVER ELSE COLOR YOU THINK YOU SHOULD WEAR) and hearing the fans cheering loudly. Fans used to not blindly protest officiating if it was a good call. Fans used to stay until the end of every football game and clap for the winner (Husker Prayer, anyone?) no matter who it was. No sir, this is not the Memorial Stadium of old and these are not the classiest fans in College Football anymore. We are what our team has become over the last 8 years: mediocre.

I was there, and I thought it was the officials that were getting booed. I was starting to wonder if Pelini was going to get tossed the 2nd half. Some of the calls were stupid, like the pass interference call in the end zone, the pass landed half way down the tunnel for God's sake.

I was there, and I thought it was the officials that were getting booed. I was starting to wonder if Pelini was going to get tossed the 2nd half. Some of the calls were stupid, like the pass interference call in the end zone, the pass landed half way down the tunnel for God's sake.

If that's the same one I'm thinking of the receiver, jumping, just barely missed it. I wasn't upset with that call because I think it was a catchable ball and clearly West (? or Amukamura?) interferred with the receiver.

I've got news for you. There were boos in that football game.In my opinion some of those boos were earned, especially by the referees. In my section I witnessed no less than three different groups of fans arguing and bickering with each other, one of which nearly came to blows.. That was the mood of the game. the boos were not just for the referee, they were for the offense as well. Most of the time the fans were sitting on their hands, even on the first defensive series I saw a guy tug on the guy in front of him to ask him to SIT DOWN because poor baby coudln't see.... I was appalled and outraged by that.. I said in earshot.. You people want to sit down on the first drive. NO WONDER this place doesn't intimidate Sun Belt teams.. we want to sit down on 3rd and 4th down.. we don't want to make noise.. We want to bitch at each other and bicker instead of putting it into the game.

The greatness of husker fandom is "gravititating toward mediocrity" and I saw it Saturday.. I can only hope that at least that starts making it a mean atmosphre and a scary place for opposing teams instead of an unpleasant place to watch a game.

I don't get this logic. Classiest fans extends to what...cheering as the other team goes off the field? If refs make calls that the majority of people disagree with, then they are exempted from the "warm and hospitable treatment" that Nebraska fans are expected to extend to opposing teams and their fans?

My qustion is, it's ok to boo under certain circumstances, but God forbid if you boo members of the team? I guess class only extends so far...

I was sitting on the south endzone side, and the booing I heard at the end of the half was clearly directed at the officials who were exiting on that side of the field. The only booing I heard toward the team was specifically directed to Lee when he threw the ball out of the endzone on that fourth and long in the second half.

I was sitting in Section 23 in the SW corner of the stadium. The boos' at the end of the half were directed towards the refs, at least from the section I was in. This was a very poorly officiated game. I'm not going to hang the loss on that by any means, as our offense looked like a 6 month old baby trying to crawl.