Did the fans Boo

trouble

My thoughts about booing and the game. First I understand some may get upset that fans were booing the players however as some have mentioned earlier what are you suppose to do when the team, correct that offense, plays as pathetic as they did. However, I thought that Green played a hell of a game, yes he had a pick but it was amazing how well he could throw and step up as well. I think he is more athletic that Lee, so he should be given a chance to start and see how it works. Second I feel that the officiating was piss poor and likewise was the announcing. I feel that the announcers were clueless as to what is happening when Bo is yelling at officials for bogus pass interference calls, regardless if the game is over or not. I feel that Bo is one guy that wont give up on his team. I think this could be a good game for us. We all thought we were back after that win last week this allowed us to get off the high horse and realize we still have alot of work that begins with the offensive line and offensive play call. GBR

All I know is if I am at a game and I hear one of our fans boo the team or the coach I will without hesitation go over and pummel him into oblivion!!!! There is absolutely NO excuse for that. We're looked at as the best fans in college football. Listen to what the announcers were saying about the fans that many of us are more knowlegeable than some coaches.

The boos at the end of the half were for the officials running off the field in SW tunnel. Not a big deal. There were other boos later on during the game that were directed at the offense. I drove 500 miles to see my first game since Colorado 2004(also a sh**ty game) and all I can say is.... I regret wasting the gas.

I was at the game, the boos were for the refs. Completely and totally. The team was almost completely off the field when the boos started. And yes, there were a few Suh calls...he was on the big screen going into the locker room last. But the boos started as the refs left the field in the southwest corner of the stadium.

Worst officiated game I've ever seen--and I've seen some bad ones.

But it certainly didn't cost NU the game.

Oh, and further proof that the boos weren't for the team--the crowd in the North stands gave the players a lot of encouragement during their trek to the locker room, and the whole stadium cheered for them as they came back.

:yeah:boxosoap:boxosoap:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah EXACTLY! Holy sh#t people, you freak out like the crowd was booing the team. It was so obvious being at the game, the crowd was booing the referees as they walked off the field. The booing didn't even start until tech was completely off the field and almost the entire husker team was off the field.

I love how people lose their minds at the first sign that the Huskers might be getting booed. Come on guys, you know that wasn't the case.

Now.... as for Zac Lee at the end of the game??? Those boo-birds were definitely directed at him.

I agree it was a bad game, but being pissed about it is going to do nothing. Hopefully Bo makes the switch to Cody and he is the spark our offense needs. I'm not overly concerned right now because the North Title and a shot at the Big XII Title was the focus before this season. We still have that opportunity as long as we beat our North competitors. I want to win as much as the next guy and I'm not very happy with the performance, but look ahead to Iowa State and see what we can do there.

I'm not even concerned about the North. Whoever wins the North gets to step right up to the chopping block against the South. It's just pathetic we can't keep in the game against a mediocre defense. For God's sake, Houston beat Texas Tech. Houston. Something has to change. I for one say put in Green. I've never said that before, but beating a dead horse with Lee isn't going to do us any favors. At least put the guy who can haul ass in since that seems to be half our play calling - having Lee try to run.

And as for the boos, they gave a terrible performance that we had to endure for 60 minutes. They can take 10 seconds of booing. This game was bullsh#t from start to finish, poorly executed, and what the hell is with the penalties? I thought Bo emphasized focus and fundamentals. We deserved that ass-whooping and have no one to blame but ourselves. Our O-line can't block, our receivers drop passes that I swear to God I could catch. And for the icing on the cake, I would be surprised if any of the recruits we had here today want to sign up. I was really looking forward to Carter.

Put Green in, let him get experience vs. ISU and Baylor, and maybe, just maybe, we can salvage this offense.

I agree it was a bad game, but being pissed about it is going to do nothing. Hopefully Bo makes the switch to Cody and he is the spark our offense needs. I'm not overly concerned right now because the North Title and a shot at the Big XII Title was the focus before this season. We still have that opportunity as long as we beat our North competitors. I want to win as much as the next guy and I'm not very happy with the performance, but look ahead to Iowa State and see what we can do there.

I'm not even concerned about the North. Whoever wins the North gets to step right up to the chopping block against the South. It's just pathetic we can't keep in the game against a mediocre defense. For God's sake, Houston beat Texas Tech. Houston. Something has to change. I for one say put in Green. I've never said that before, but beating a dead horse with Lee isn't going to do us any favors. At least put the guy who can haul ass in since that seems to be half our play calling - having Lee try to run.

And as for the boos, they gave a terrible performance that we had to endure for 60 minutes. They can take 10 seconds of booing. This game was bullsh#t from start to finish, poorly executed, and what the hell is with the penalties? I thought Bo emphasized focus and fundamentals. We deserved that ass-whooping and have no one to blame but ourselves. Our O-line can't block, our receivers drop passes that I swear to God I could catch. And for the icing on the cake, I would be surprised if any of the recruits we had here today want to sign up. I was really looking forward to Carter.

Put Green in, let him get experience vs. ISU and Baylor, and maybe, just maybe, we can salvage this offense.

Well the offensive line problem could be fixed with a coach that's worth a damn as the offensive line coach. Cotton is horrible and needs to go..................

I was also at the game. Those boos were being directed at the refs; they leave the field through the same corner the visiting team goes into, so I can see where the confusion is. But people were very conscious to wait until the Texas Tech players were inside before the boos started. Once the teams were completely off the field, the rest of the stadium joined the SW corner. Or at least North Stadium did--we had some ticked-off people.

My thoughts about booing and the game. First I understand some may get upset that fans were booing the players however as some have mentioned earlier what are you suppose to do when the team, correct that offense, plays as pathetic as they did. However, I thought that Green played a hell of a game, yes he had a pick but it was amazing how well he could throw and step up as well. I think he is more athletic that Lee, so he should be given a chance to start and see how it works. Second I feel that the officiating was piss poor and likewise was the announcing. I feel that the announcers were clueless as to what is happening when Bo is yelling at officials for bogus pass interference calls, regardless if the game is over or not. I feel that Bo is one guy that wont give up on his team. I think this could be a good game for us. We all thought we were back after that win last week this allowed us to get off the high horse and realize we still have alot of work that begins with the offensive line and offensive play call. GBR

All I know is if I am at a game and I hear one of our fans boo the team or the coach I will without hesitation go over and pummel him into oblivion!!!! There is absolutely NO excuse for that. We're looked at as the best fans in college football. Listen to what the announcers were saying about the fans that many of us are more knowlegeable than some coaches.

Yeah cause that shows real class...

This is what gets my blood pumping. "We're looked at as the best fans in college football." How? Other than clapping and cheering for the other team more than normal, I don't think we stand out. The majority of the stadium sits the entire game, and if we get down by more than 14 the crowd seems to just become apathetic. Though I personally don't agree with booing our team and coaches, I really don't have much of a problem with booing a poor performance, whether it be the coaching, or the officiating. I see nothing wrong with booing the officiating at half.

I'm a Nebraska Cornhusker fan. Whether or not that makes me one of the best fans in college football, I don't care.

I was at the game, the boos were for the refs. Completely and totally. The team was almost completely off the field when the boos started. And yes, there were a few Suh calls...he was on the big screen going into the locker room last. But the boos started as the refs left the field in the southwest corner of the stadium.

Worst officiated game I've ever seen--and I've seen some bad ones.

But it certainly didn't cost NU the game.

Oh, and further proof that the boos weren't for the team--the crowd in the North stands gave the players a lot of encouragement during their trek to the locker room, and the whole stadium cheered for them as they came back.

I couldn't have said it any better

in so far as bo, looking back at booing fans... good.

you all may maintain that they were booing the refs, okay. but i'm pretty sure pelini also got the vibe that the natives weren't just restless, they were p*ssed.

two quarters of craptacular play by the offense that ranged from 'comically inept' to 'seriously incompetent' will even test the patience of even the mellowest of " the greatest fans in college football". and if bo didn't know that before he certainly does now.

bo fancies himself as a straight shooter. fine. nebraskas like that about him. nebraskas are also noted for their plain-spoken attitude, too.

and for a moment, pelini got an earful from some 80k plus fans that they were in no way happy about that was happening on the field.

this might have been pelini's "dream job" coming from LSU, but every now and again reality has a nasty habit of intruding. today, the reality is that the offense is sucking donkey ding-dong and husker nation collectively told pelini that they noticed.

pelini knows that he's got to get this fixed soon rather than later.

This team needs our support. It does not need the fans clamoring for anything and it does not need booing for any reason.

I question the story it was the refs, the play was not very good, the play calling was not very good, and Tech played a heck of a game.

We need to calm down, it took us awhile to fall to the level we fell to. It takes time to return to a elite level. We have problems, but nothing will be solved by the fans acting badly.

agreed. we are still scratching and clawing our way back into the spotlight, expect more mistakes before the destination is reached.

Boo-birds are always going to come out once in a while if it's a big time program, whether it's at the players or the officials. The players can handle it and so can the officials. If they can't handle it, they should go play for a Sun Belt Conference school. This is a big boy program.