Coincidence?

Lee was 72% 8yds per catch. Your going to have to look for someone else to hang this loss on.

How many TDs? Spread QBs have high percentages on screens and short passes, where are the scores, the points? QBs are supposed to lead the offense to points.

Also how many times did he throw it downfield? How many times did he get sacked?

If it wasn't Lee's fault who's fault was it then?

Lee was 72% 8yds per catch. Your going to have to look for someone else to hang this loss on.

How many TDs? Spread QBs have high percentages on screens and short passes, where are the scores, the points? QBs are supposed to lead the offense to points.

Also how many times did he throw it downfield? How many times did he get sacked?

It's my fault... i didn't cheer loud enough at the game. i was sitting down the whole game not yelling my a$$ off. :sarcasm

Your right, my bad. I guess it was lee that had the holding penalities, and he made the dumb a$$ personal foul inside the 10 or couldn't hold a block for more than 3 seconds.

We have many problems on offense but they dont start and stop with Lee.

Your right, my bad. I guess it was lee that had the holding penalities, and he made the dumb a$$ personal foul inside the 10 or couldn't hold a block for more than 3 seconds.

The issues on offense all come down to a lack of playmakers. Short passes are designed for the receiver or back to make a play after the catch, and we are just not seeing that. We are seeing the guy get tackled as soon as the ball gets there.

<_<

The issues on offense all come down to a lack of playmakers. Short passes are designed for the receiver or back to make a play after the catch, and we are just not seeing that. We are seeing the guy get tackled as soon as the ball gets there.

Might it be because the receiver has to stand and wait for the ball all the time? <_< Watch T Tech qb throw and he hitting his rec in stride.

Osborne offense had more verticle passing then this offense.

name 1 QB who gets sacked 5 time and has constant pressure from the defense that rushed 4 people most of the night, that can succeed in finding open receivers and consistanly move the ball.

when the qb is under pressure the receivers need to break off their routes and get open to help the qb.

the loss yesterday wasnt due to poor QB play, it was due to HORRIBLE offensive line play, and stupid penalties.

i like Cotton, but i just dont think that he is the right guy for the job anymore. the penalties that the offensive line is committing is due to a lack of discipline, and that starts with the techniques that the position coach is teaching or failing to teach.

You hit the nail on the head there. I've been saying this for a while. I simply can't think of a team Cotton has coached that improved. He seems to be a good guy, but his track record is another story. It certainly looks like we have big, agile, athletic lineman........ still the line doesn't get it done. If we can't fix that.... we're in for a long season.

name 1 QB who gets sacked 5 time and has constant pressure from the defense that rushed 4 people most of the night, that can succeed in finding open receivers and consistanly move the ball.

when the qb is under pressure the receivers need to break off their routes and get open to help the qb.

the loss yesterday wasnt due to poor QB play, it was due to HORRIBLE offensive line play, and stupid penalties.

i like Cotton, but i just dont think that he is the right guy for the job anymore. the penalties that the offensive line is committing is due to a lack of discipline, and that starts with the techniques that the position coach is teaching or failing to teach.

good job bro

Todd Reesing. He has even been sacked more times than Lee.

Also I will throw Jake Locker in there as well. It seems he has to run out of the pocket every time the ball gets snapped.

I don't disagree with you though. The o-line needs a lot of work. Lee does need to step out of the pocket a little more though if it collapses.

I have read all the posts on this and everyone needs to sit back and think about where we were 2 years ago. We will be better and we have A LONG ways to go. We will get there, but it may take a while.

GBR GBR GBR

Be Patient

They changed the defense play not the offense. This is the same cordinator that was under Callahan so your saying the same offense that hasn't changed needs more time? :wtf

Disclaimer: This is honest question, I don't claim this to be the case.

Double Disclaimer: I am not calling for either of these coaches heads.

I think of the two positions that have had the most trouble with the three legitimate opponents we have played. Arguably these positions are Quarterback, and Wide Receiver. Then I think of the two coaches the stayed on from the Callahan staff. These coaches are Shawn Watson, and Ted Gilmore. They happen to coach the Quarterbacks, and the Wide receivers. I don't know much about either of these coaches or their coaching style, which is why I want all you all's insight, so I wonder. Is this a coincidence? Or is there something to it?

A simple analogy to help you through this..

I can coach you all day long on the proper use and placement of an apostrophe. I CANNOT control your use and placement(or lack thereof) of an apostrophe as you post.

Think of coaching and performance in that context.

I think of the two positions that have had the most trouble with the three legitimate opponents we have played. Arguably these positions are Quarterback, and Wide Receiver. Then I think of the two coaches the stayed on from the Callahan staff. These coaches are Shawn Watson, and Ted Gilmore. They happen to coach the Quarterbacks, and the Wide receivers. I don't know much about either of these coaches or their coaching style, which is why I want all you all's insight, so I wonder. Is this a coincidence? Or is there something to it?

I can coach you all day long on the proper use and placement of an apostrophe. I CANNOT control your use and placement(or lack thereof) of an apostrophe as you post.

Okay, correct me if I am wrong. You are saying that the coaches can only coach, and motivate the players, but they cannot make the plays on the field.

However, (playing devils advocate), if you do a terrible job coaching up my usage of an apostrophe would you expect me to be able to use it properly? No, you would not, so I don't think you can reasonably exonerate the coaches from the product that is on the field.

This being said, I don't think you can definitively lay a significant amount of blame on the coaches, because as you say, they cannot make the plays on the field. That part is up to the players.

Okay, correct me if I am wrong. You are saying that the coaches can only coach, and motivate the players, but they cannot make the plays on the field.

However, (playing devils advocate), if you do a terrible job coaching up my usage of an apostrophe would you expect me to be able to use it properly? No, you would not, so I don't think you can reasonably exonerate the coaches from the product that is on the field.

This being said, I don't think you can definitively lay a significant amount of blame on the coaches, because as you say, they cannot make the plays on the field. That part is up to the players.

You would be correct. Sometimes the player just isn't up to par, regardless of what you teach him. We tend to act as if the coaches are teaching these guys to panic under pressure, create motion penalties, drop balls that are on target, etc. It's just not the case.

Every team lays a dog turd at some point. This explains how USC loses to an unranked Pac 10 team every year when they are a prohibitive favorite. Can you imagine our fanbase if that happened to us each year???

What is unexplainable is when a coach leaves a player in that continually messes up(Paul) and continues to sit a guy that seems to make plays(Brooks).

I don't care what a guy does in practice if it doesn't translate to the game.