Green wants QB job, feels Lee's pain

Nexus

tough spot, but you know what, nice guys finish last! he needs to worry about his career and not lee's career. I only say this cause i tend to be the nice guy who always finishes last. always helping friends out just to turn around and have nothing waiting in return.

GO BIG RED!!!

It's true, and Green definitely has his head on straight. I think finishing last as far as the world goes is really the best kind of life to live, but in the football arena that is not going to fly.

I Heard the boos loud and clear on the TV :angry:

Zac Lee is going to rip Iowa State's defense in to shreds Saturday.

Mark.

Agreed.

I predict lee passing for 275 yrds.

Green comes in during entire 4th quarter, passes for another 75, and runs for a TD or Two.

This board calms down for two weeks as Lee tears up Iowa St and Baylor... but the board flares up again over QB talk once Lee goes in and totally SUCKS against OU. :ahhhhhhhh

Like I said all along is it the QB or the whole Callahan/Watson offense. Not even fan favorite Ganz scored much when playing the great defenses of Texas Tech, Missou, Oklahoma.

Though Zac seems to be even struggling more then the last few QB's in this system which isn't helping.

When was the last time we had a third string QB become the starter for Nebraska? Not by attrition but selected in the fall as our starter. Never is my guess.

We need players.

We need an offensive line

We need receivers that catch the ball.

We need backs that are more durable.

Most said Helu could not carry the load, he would be hurt during the season.

We get the above and then add two to every position that is actually pushing the starter, we will see the results you all are expecting.

This is not a coaching problem.

Just jimmys and joes.

I didn't think anyone was denying that there was booing directed at the team, only when it happened. The boos at the half were for the refs. The boos when he threw the ball out of the corner of the endzone were for him and maybe for the offense. That's the only boos I remember hearing, maybe there were others.

If that is the case, then ive lost some respect for my fellow Husker fans. I thought we were over the Callahan Era...

When was the last time we had a third string QB become the starter for Nebraska? Not by attrition but selected in the fall as our starter. Never is my guess.

We need players.

We need an offensive line

We need receivers that catch the ball.

We need backs that are more durable.

Most said Helu could not carry the load, he would be hurt during the season.

We get the above and then add two to every position that is actually pushing the starter, we will see the results you all are expecting.

This is not a coaching problem.

Just jimmys and joes.

The more dropped passes and stupid penalties I see, the more I tend to agree with this sentiment.

I don't talk to too many people who are saying, hey it's year two. Give these guys time to recruit and develop their guys before passing judgement. Sux because we all want a winner and we all want a quick fix, especially when we have a special defense and an all world DT.

Green is no cure all, but I bet we'll play better this year as he gains some experience and confidence.

A lot of comments on this site about the team not getting booed. It appears the team feels they were.

It is a tough situation for him.

I hope Zac puts it together and keeps his job. But what ever the coachs say is what I will endorse.

Anyone who was at the game and truly believes that the offense was not getting booed is in complete denial of reality!!

If that is the case, then ive lost some respect for my fellow Husker fans. I thought we were over the Callahan Era...

This goes well beyond the Clownahan Era. It goes all the way back to the end of 1997. TO (a legendary coach who unlike Paterno and Bowden knew to get while the gettin was good) retires. $ Byrne wants to hire outside the program, but concedes to TO's wishes and hires from within (Solich). The program rides along fairly smooth until 2002. IMO, Solich tried so hard to win the NC that he forgot to think about the future. Crouch always played while Lord rode the pine. 2002 came and we had a QB not even remotely ready to play. This is when the house of cards came tumbling down. $ Byrne quits and goes to A&M. I still believe he left because he didn't want to be the one to fire Solich. Pud walks in and gives Solich an ultimatum. Solich meets the ultimatum, but he's fired anyway. A befuddled Pud hires the first person with a pulse and some experience that actually says yes. In walks the Clownahan era that lasted for a shorter period of time than the Solich era. Now, in walks TO but as AD this time. He brings in Bo to start the Pelini era.

Tempers have flared for a while now. Everyone expects the quick fix because we've seen other programs like USC and Florida accomplish it. Booing over the past couple of seasons has almost become common place at Nebraska. Green might want to take note what Lee is going through. It could just as well be him and as early as this season taking the heat from fans. However, he should also note that a lot of programs are similar with this regard that either the coaches or the skill players in particular the QB's take the heat when the team is losing.