Green wants QB job, feels Lee's pain

Nexus

A lot of comments on this site about the team not getting booed. It appears the team feels they were.

It is a tough situation for him.

I hope Zac puts it together and keeps his job. But what ever the coachs say is what I will endorse.

Anyone who was at the game and truly believes that the offense was not getting booed is in complete denial of reality!!

If that is the case, then ive lost some respect for my fellow Husker fans. I thought we were over the Callahan Era...

Feel kinda sorry for lee. But if you cant do it, then you cant do it. It would to be hard in that situation though. Especially someone so young. Green cant be more then 19. Asking someone that young to be a leader of a extremely large football team. In the national spotlight. With fans who seem as of late to be even more demanding and impatient. Alot of pressure on someone.

Oh come on. A lot of this is being painted. Bo saying Lee feels like the whole state of nebraska is against him is absolute BS and something that should not have been said. The media eats that crap up. Most have the issue with Watson, cotton and the offensive staff! Green may come in and make better decisions etc because he fits watson's mold better than lee. That's the problem. Adjust the gameplan to the players. If green starts there had better be different plays because it sure looks like the kid has a stronger arm and better wheels.

I've heard it multiple times over the years from sportswriters/analysts outside of the state of nebraska that our fans are very football saavy. We see legitimate concerns for several games and now it finally kills us in a game and we're upset. I can handle not being able to finish a game in blacksburg. Losing at home and looking completely outmatched...

Zac Lee is going to rip Iowa State's defense in to shreds Saturday.

Mark.

Okay... so if Lee rips ISU and Baylor new ones... what does that say?

Absolutely nothing.

These two teams are on par with Sun Belt competition. What happens when OU comes to town with their top 10 defense? The same thing that has happened every time Lee has gone up against even a DECENT defense, he will panic and be shut down.

And that is if he even can handle ISU and Baylor. :dunno

Mark.

Absolutely nothing.

These two teams are on par with Sun Belt competition. What happens when OU comes to town with their top 10 defense? The same thing that has happened every time Lee has gone up against even a DECENT defense, he will panic and be shut down.

really. you have a crystal ball?

Lee needs help from his supporting cast, plan and simple. Go back and watch... he could have done some things differently, but he didn't have a run team, WR's that are trustworthy, or superior OL pass blocking. Support the team when they are on the field. Thats the ONLY way fans can help.

Mark.

Agreed.

I predict lee passing for 275 yrds.

Green comes in during entire 4th quarter, passes for another 75, and runs for a TD or Two.

This board calms down for two weeks as Lee tears up Iowa St and Baylor... but the board flares up again over QB talk once Lee goes in and totally SUCKS against OU. :ahhhhhhhh

Mark.

Absolutely nothing.

Lee needs help from his supporting cast, plan and simple. Go back and watch... he could have done some things differently, but he didn't have a run team, WR's that are trustworthy, or superior OL pass blocking. Support the team when they are on the field. Thats the ONLY way fans can help.

When Lee starts getting pressured, he folds. I don't know how many games it will take to convince people of that, but I'll assure you that if he starts against Oklahoma, he is going to lay a big steamer right in the center of the field. I don't need a crystal ball for that one either.

The guy can't think when he's under some pressure from the defense (which you're going to get against good teams). He's a deer in the headlights on one play and a squirrel in the headlights on the next. I don't how you fix that. Does anybody know how you fix that? Is there a psychiatrist in the house?

Mark.

Absolutely nothing.

I agree that he needs help from his supporting cast. That is definite. But you can't disagree with me that there were many times throughout the TTech game where he had receivers open and simply didn't see them because his vision disappears at the first sign of pressure.

And I know the Oline play in general has been bad. But when the line gives a quarterback 5-7 seconds to find an open man and the qb can't find anyone, that is squarely on the quarterbacks shoulders. I've watched the game 3 times and there were NUMEROUS times throughout the game where the O-line gave Lee time and he had at least one receiver WIDE OPEN and simply couldn't find him because he was too busy doing one of the following:

1) Staring down his initial read receiver

2) Panicking and trying to figure out if he should run

3) Looking for the checkdown guy

There were also times throughout the game where he ran out of a very well formed pocket and ran right into pressure. If he had just stayed in the pocket in those situations he would have had more time, but he would scramble out of it, creating pressure on himself.

I had complete support for Lee after the Missouri game. I believed that a lightbulb had switched on and he was going to become the quarterback we all hoped he would. But after the TTech game, it is obvious that he simply has no confidence in his supporting cast as well as himself. And don't get me wrong, he doesn't have much of a reason to be confident in his supporting cast as the few times he has found the wide open man and hit them in the hands, they drop it.

This offense needs to find hope and find it quick, because when the Sooners roll into Lincoln, it will get ugly VERY fast if our offense can't produce.

Mark.

Absolutely nothing.

I agree that he needs help from his supporting cast. That is definite. But you can't disagree with me that there were many times throughout the TTech game where he had receivers open and simply didn't see them because his vision disappears at the first sign of pressure.

And I know the Oline play in general has been bad. But when the line gives a quarterback 5-7 seconds to find an open man and the qb can't find anyone, that is squarely on the quarterbacks shoulders. I've watched the game 3 times and there were NUMEROUS times throughout the game where the O-line gave Lee time and he had at least one receiver WIDE OPEN and simply couldn't find him because he was too busy doing one of the following:

1) Staring down his initial read receiver

2) Panicking and trying to figure out if he should run

3) Looking for the checkdown guy

There were also times throughout the game where he ran out of a very well formed pocket and ran right into pressure. If he had just stayed in the pocket in those situations he would have had more time, but he would scramble out of it, creating pressure on himself.

I had complete support for Lee after the Missouri game. I believed that a lightbulb had switched on and he was going to become the quarterback we all hoped he would. But after the TTech game, it is obvious that he simply has no confidence in his supporting cast as well as himself. And don't get me wrong, he doesn't have much of a reason to be confident in his supporting cast as the few times he has found the wide open man and hit them in the hands, they drop it.

This offense needs to find hope and find it quick, because when the Sooners roll into Lincoln, it will get ugly VERY fast if our offense can't produce.

I agree with a lot of this. As others have mentioned I think a lot of Lee's problems are between the ears. As stated I don't think he has a lot of faith in his WR's right now. This seems to be a vicious circle right now. When Lee makes some good throws, may or may not be right on the chest of the WR depending on the situation, and the WR drops the pass, now Lee starts trying to aim/guide the ball rather than throwing it. Which in turn makes his throws worse. Then the WR's start losing faith in Lee getting them the ball and drop the next one. Then the cycle repeats. This is just my observations wrong/right/ or indifferent.

tough spot, but you know what, nice guys finish last! he needs to worry about his career and not lee's career. I only say this cause i tend to be the nice guy who always finishes last. always helping friends out just to turn around and have nothing waiting in return.

GO BIG RED!!!

It's true, and Green definitely has his head on straight. I think finishing last as far as the world goes is really the best kind of life to live, but in the football arena that is not going to fly.

But a team is only as strong as its weakest link....