Shawn Watson..the only coach left for the "worthless!" Callahan era...enough said!!!

I feel part of the problem was that it was a very big game for them; maybe they didn't internalize what Bo was preaching enough. Pure speculation, I don't know.

But we saw a team that got behind and started to really press, and struggle, and not settle down and mount a steady comeback. This is about the mental composition and fortitude of the team, and I think we still gotta wonder what's going to happen, in any game the rest of the way, where we have a fight on our hands and we're either down, or in a close game at the end. Hopefully, we see improvement.

i think playing from behind did rattle the offense. first time behind, first time they really struggled and realized they might actually lose. maybe that is why Lee was so comfortable when he got in, because he had been in the situation so many times before. (i did like seeing Lee's poise and composure).

suh_fan, we weren't predictable, and in fact we caught Texas off guard at times, but simply didn't execute. The lack of 'bringing it' to begin with (sorry, but a lot of this falls on Taylor's shoulders) put us in a lot of bad situations where we really had our hands tied, with the playcalling. And heck - we still had our shots to score, finding ways to get guys obscenely open against one of the best secondaries in the nation.

Good point. Texas does have one of the best secondaries in the country and Martinez is a (redshirt) freshman. I guess my whole thing is that in the end you still cannot try to run on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down when a team is daring you to pass the football. I don't feel we mixed it up. At all. Texas may as well have had our playbook that's how bad it looked to me.

I gotta try to forget this game! dry.gif

suh_fan, we weren't predictable, and in fact we caught Texas off guard at times, but simply didn't execute. The lack of 'bringing it' to begin with (sorry, but a lot of this falls on Taylor's shoulders) put us in a lot of bad situations where we really had our hands tied, with the playcalling. And heck - we still had our shots to score, finding ways to get guys obscenely open against one of the best secondaries in the nation.

Good point. Texas does have one of the best secondaries in the country and Martinez is a (redshirt) freshman. I guess my whole thing is that in the end you still cannot try to run on 1st, 2nd and 3rd downs when a team is daring you to pass the football. I don't feel we mixed it up. At all. Texas may as well have had our playbook that's how bad it looked to me.

I gotta try to forget this game! dry.gif

we all need to forget about this game.

i have been a stout watson defender because i think they catch those passes and his gameplan looks brilliant. however, you make a good point, we should have been a pass first offense until the run opened up, knowing full well tu was prepared to stop the run, especially the zone-read.

I didn't get to watch the game live as I was stuck in a truck dumping corn. However, I did go home that night and watch it via the DVR. Personally, I don't think the playcalling was the problem. Actually, I thought the playcalling was rather great. How else can you explain wide open receivers without a defender even close on sure TD's had the ball been caught? Texas has one of the better secondaries in college football. Had our WR's caught the passes, Watson would have torched them with his playcalling. This is what's so disgusting about this game. Our WR's were so wide open, yet they still couldn't catch the ball. With WR's being this wide open, I don't know how anyone can rationally put this loss on Watson at all.

There isn't one person on this board and not even a handfull in the country that could have called a better game. I've had my gripes about Wats, but in this game... Wow the play calling was as good as it gets. Like most have said, chatch the ball and we would have embarrased them. Playcalling was deffinately not an issue. I don't like to see games like this one and the ISU debacle, but the coaches can't play and I honestly think they do all they can to keep the kids level headed and on the right track. It is just VERY frustrating to see our team beat themselves....

This reminds me of the Arizona st. game in... 96(I think). It sucks but it happens to everyone.

The up and down, who knows what is going to happen, always a chance for a big play and not haveing a supperstar in every position on the field is why I like college football so much and don't really care to watch pro ball. JMO

Lets just hope we are able to take out some frustration on OSU this week.

GBR!!