Love this gem from Bo.

I don't understand how anyone, Knapplc, can act like Lee isn't part of the problem. People say others have a stiffy for Green, at least there's the hope of change there. Having a stiffy for Lee makes zero sense. I just wonder how many games you've watched if you think that Lee is playing well enough to silence doubts about his play. He makes poor decisions, throws poorly on the run and/or further than 5 yards, has poor pocket presence, and routinely fails to take open running lanes when nothing is open (or he refuses to hit an open tight end). I can understand sticking up for a guy, but saying he isn't the problem at all is ridiculous. I'm sorry but I must have been dreaming when I saw Cody Green come in and have better command of the offense last week. Errant throws included, he couldn't have made this game worse. Our offense is lethargic and needs a spark. He seemed to provide that last week, since you know Lee produced 0 TDs in 3 quarters and Green produced 1 in 1 quarter. If the coaches ever decide to give Green a chance when it actually means something, I'll be glad to tell you "We told you so."

So when Green comes in and his WRs drop balls or let passes bounce off their hands, is that going to be Green's fault?

Lee is NOT the problem. He may not be the solution, but he isn't why our offense sucked today.

So 3 INT's are not Lee's fault?? Hmm, I may need to check my eye sight then..

Not to mention we burned a great QB prospect's redshirt only to have him warm the bench all season.. I would rather have Green as a 4 year starter + 1 year of experience than a 3 year starter and a year of a burnt red shirt..

Lee needs to go, the offensive gameplan needs to go.. I don't know what huskers you are watching., but you should probably check your TiVO because the 2009 huskers aren't being lead forward by their QB- and his name is Zac.

I don't understand how anyone, Knapplc, can act like Lee isn't part of the problem. People say others have a stiffy for Green, at least there's the hope of change there. Having a stiffy for Lee makes zero sense. I just wonder how many games you've watched if you think that Lee is playing well enough to silence doubts about his play. He makes poor decisions, throws poorly on the run and/or further than 5 yards, has poor pocket presence, and routinely fails to take open running lanes when nothing is open (or he refuses to hit an open tight end). I can understand sticking up for a guy, but saying he isn't the problem at all is ridiculous. I'm sorry but I must have been dreaming when I saw Cody Green come in and have better command of the offense last week. Errant throws included, he couldn't have made this game worse. Our offense is lethargic and needs a spark. He seemed to provide that last week, since you know Lee produced 0 TDs in 3 quarters and Green produced 1 in 1 quarter. If the coaches ever decide to give Green a chance when it actually means something, I'll be glad to tell you "We told you so."

No, no, you're correct. I was being too quick in my answer. Of course Lee is part of the problem. But he's not the ONLY problem.

We have a system-wide breakdown on offense. Watson is not calling smart plays that take advantage of our skills. Lee is under/over throwing WRs. WRs are dropping balls at a record pace. RBs are either injured or ineffective. The TEs are not being used effectively, and go whole quarters without being heard from. And last but not least, our OL is missing blocks, letting rushers come through unchecked, or just plain making boneheaded plays (false starts, personal fouls, holding).

Name one part of our offense that is working correctly right now. I know I can't. That's why it's not just Lee. It's not like baseball where you can fire the manager and hope the team catches fire - Watson is the manager. We can bench Lee and bring in Green, but every other problem I listed is still going to exist, and then what?

The benefit to bringing Green in now is the experience. We're not fighting for a BCS berth, a conference championship is out of the question, and frankly we're on REALLY shaky ground for winning the North. So putting Green in will not "ruin" our season. But it will also not fix the OL, the WRs, the TEs, the RBs, the playcalling or the execution. It could simply be throwing this guy to the wolves.

So when Green comes in and his WRs drop balls or let passes bounce off their hands, is that going to be Green's fault?

Lee is NOT the problem. He may not be the solution, but he isn't why our offense sucked today.

So 3 INT's are not Lee's fault?? Hmm, I may need to check my eye sight then..

Not to mention we burned a great QB prospect's redshirt only to have him warm the bench all season.. I would rather have Green as a 4 year starter + 1 year of experience than a 3 year starter and a year of a burnt red shirt..

Lee needs to go, the offensive gameplan needs to go.. I don't know what huskers you are watching., but you should probably check your TiVO because the 2009 huskers aren't being lead forward by their QB- and his name is Zac.

One of them definitely was, but it was dictated by the circumstance - at that point, we had to go downfield. You cannot pin the pinball "interception" at the goal line on Lee, and Gilleylen should have caught that pass he tipped, even if it was behind him. He's a WR at a major Div1A school. That's his job, period.

For everything else, see my reply to brogan. Simply plugging Green into this offense will not fix the other problems we have.

Please tell me you guys aren't this dense

Pelini isn't going to throw his starting QB under the bus. These kids likely already feel like sh#t, and it would be poor form to have their HC making disparaging remarks about them on national media.

Lee could have played better, but some of you are acting like everything is his fault. Chill out.