Bo dont have a clue what to do with the O

CGREEN17

You know what if Bo wanted to bring in somebody else then he didn’t have to take the job that he took. Jim Grobe told T.O. to go jump in a lake when he was told he had to keep some coaches on staff. If you are going to give Bo a pass because he kept a couple offensive coaches then you better turn around and throw some blame at Dr. Tom.

IMO: Pelini doesn’t get a pass for how the offense has been performing. People say “he was brought in to fix the defense” maybe so, but he was also brought in to be the HEAD COACH not the DEFENSIVE CORDINATOR. He is responsible for the whole team, point blank, end of story. If he doesn’t have a say on what goes on offensively then he is a bad Head Coach. He can trust his coaches all he wants but at the end of the day he is the person in charge of the WHOLE team and when things go south he is first in line when it comes to blame.

Players yelling at each other, penalties, and turnovers are a thing of discipline and the undisciplined play is a result of following an undisciplined leader.

T.O. personally picked Bo.

If by “personally picked” you mean after another guy turned down the job due to the stipulation that he had to keep coaches around or do you mean by hiring the coach that a handful of big money boosters wanted? If either of those mean “personally picked” then sure he “personally picked” Bo. He also “personally picked” Watson and Solich over Mack Brown or Bob Stoops and gave a ringing endorsement for Steve Pederson. Just saying.

So your saying that Bo should have said to Tom no thanks, I don't want to be a head coach at a major college if I can't bring my own offensive coordinator with me????? Yeah that's going to happen :lol:

Everyone was yelling about letting Watson call the plays when BC was ruining the program with his play calling. All I read was what a great job he did at Colorado and he could do the same here if BC got out of his way. I'm sure Bo heard the same things. Why wouldn't Bo want to keep him. Believe me it wasn't that hard of a choice for Bo.

Did he make a mistake, time will tell because he is one of the best at what he does. He will get it worked out.

GBR!!!

So your saying that Bo should have said to Tom no thanks, I don't want to be a head coach at a major college if I can't bring my own offensive coordinator with me????? Yeah that's going to happen :lol:

No, I wouldn’t have expected Bo to turn a Head Coaching job if he couldn’t bring in his own guy, that’s not what I was saying. That being said I totally understand why Jim Grobe told T.O. to go jump in a lake though.

Bo deserves just as much criticism as Watson/Gilmore are getting even though he was forced to hold them over (but I don’t see that happening)

Also on a separate note, Why is Tim Beck getting a pass? He ran an injured Helu out there on Saturday and then he had to turn to the 2nd true freshman of the year. Why hasn’t he been able to get Ward, Okafor and the rest of the back-ups that have been here for a couple years ready to play?

Where are we coming up with this Jim Grobe allegation? Link please.

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-footba...ire-just-ask-me

2. Nebraska: Bo Pelini, C-. The depth of failure in the Bill Callahan era: an abominable showing on the field, fear of change off it. You don't settle for Pelini because he spent one year in Lincoln and knows "the Nebraska way." When Jim Grobe says he wants to hire his own staff, you say "whatever you want" and close the deal.

No, I wouldn’t have expected Bo to turn a Head Coaching job if he couldn’t bring in his own guy, that’s not what I was saying. That being said I totally understand why Jim Grobe told T.O. to go jump in a lake though.

Bo deserves just as much criticism as Watson/Gilmore are getting even though he was forced to hold them over (but I don’t see that happening)

Also on a separate note, Why is Tim Beck getting a pass? He ran an injured Helu out there on Saturday and then he had to turn to the 2nd true freshman of the year. Why hasn’t he been able to get Ward, Okafor and the rest of the back-ups that have been here for a couple years ready to play?

I have to agree with you on Helu. I thought for sure he would get the rest he needed to heal up. For Christ sakes it was Iowa St not Okl coming in. We have a lot of running backs waiting for their turn and Beck runs an injured player out there to fumble. Mendoza can play the position as well as the other ones waiting. Once again Mendoza was in late, in the 4th. No time to get a feel for the game. Surprised we didn't see Cody in the last 2 or 3 min throwing passes all over the place.

Weird coaching this year..

GBR!!!

2. Nebraska: Bo Pelini, C-. The depth of failure in the Bill Callahan era: an abominable showing on the field, fear of change off it. You don't settle for Pelini because he spent one year in Lincoln and knows "the Nebraska way." When Jim Grobe says he wants to hire his own staff, you say "whatever you want" and close the deal.

:facepalm:

Really? This is "evidence" that we offered Jim Grobe? That article is so full of FAIL it's pathetic. This guy is clearly tossing spaghetti at the wall, hoping something will stick.

:facepalm:

Really? This is "evidence" that we offered Jim Grobe? That article is so full of FAIL it's pathetic. This guy is clearly tossing spaghetti at the wall, hoping something will stick.

:yeah

I really don’t care if you believe me or not and for the record I’m not the first person on this board to mention this going down that way. :madash Also why would this Sporting News writer throw that out there if it wasn’t already being mentioned by some closer to the situation then he was? Is it because The Sporting News hates Nebraska like ESPN and they will do whatever they want to make NU fans mad? It is just kind of interesting how T.O. came out publicly in support of Watson and then Bo magically holds him over along with Gilmore even though they have 0 history together or any ties what so ever to each other. <_< But whatever it is done now and nothing will change that. Plus you aren’t going to change what I have heard and believe about this deal so I will now move on. :moreinteresting

Also why would this Sporting News writer throw that out there if it wasn’t already being mentioned by some closer to the situation then he was?

Offhand I'd say it's because he has copy to produce and needed a story, and like so many other writers out there his research consisted of a 30-second google search.

Moral of the Story - don't believe everything you read.