Amish heaters on the sideline benches???

:laughpound Actually I think the cabinets are built by the Amish and someone else puts the heaters in. But then why do they need Amish cabinets on the sidelines?

I think it's a sponsorship deal. Lots of Amish people in Nebraska from what I hear. In fact, according to my amish friend, at any given Nebraska home football game, approx. 10 percent of the crowd is Amish, although many of those are likely "Closet Amish".

I was thinking the heaters would be used to keep the receivers hands warm, most notably Niles Paul's. :clap

Closet Amish OMG I just pooped a little bit. :laughpound:laughpound:clap:clap

:facepalm:

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

Friend of mine is amish and he said they'd struck a deal to put these amish heaters on the sidelines next to the benches to keep the players warm. only weird thing was that you plug them in and I thought the amish weren't all that into electricity. anyone else heard this?

Yeah, it's called plugging your hands into your pants to keep your hands warm. ;)

They have these heaters at Westlake Hardware, There is no way a over priced space heater is going to keep you warm on the sideline. Don't get me wrong, this little thing puts out a lot of heat and would work great in your house, but they would have to put legs and a back on it and make it a chair before it would keep you warm standing outside. Each player would need their own personnal heater, so 400 bucks times how many players 120? That's what, roughly 50 grand on some heaters. I'd stick with the old kerosene forced air ones myself.

Each player would need their own personnal heater, so 400 bucks times how many players 120? That's what, roughly 50 grand on some heaters.

That's incorrect. Osborne already clearly stated that the University would not be out any money for these, other than the electricity that they use which I am sure will be minimal. The amish heaters are part of a sponsorship package that they have with the University. Don't jump to conclusions that end up hurting the program.

Friend of mine is amish and he said they'd struck a deal to put these amish heaters on the sidelines next to the benches to keep the players warm. only weird thing was that you plug them in and I thought the amish weren't all that into electricity. anyone else heard this?

I would not use them if I were you. A friend of mine had one and burned wood in it and his burned his house down. That is no S%&T...! :dunno