I'm really starting to get annoyed.

HuskerT

Sometimes I almost feel like Bo is keeping with Lee just to show everyone else that he will NOT be influenced by anyone else's opinion (i.e. the fans). I would be horrified if this was the case but it does kind of seem like it doesn't it? He burns Green's redshirt and he doesn't give him a shot at playing in a game just dying to be won. Obviously we should have blown out ISU with Lee's play but still...

That's exactly what I've been suggesting and posters say I'm illogical or I need my head examined. Let's say Green starts this saturday throws 3 int's, we lose 5 fumbles and lose 9-7. What's the fricken difference. Give the kid a shot to start if he's terrible and we get blown out it would shut me and other fans up about it.

This is how I see it:

If Green had started and we lost, we all still would have been mad, but at least Green woud have gotten some game time experience: a valuable investment. But playing Lee AND losing the game is just all around bad. We gained nothing. It hurts us now and it doesn't help us for the future. Hopefully we can get our sh!t together and still win the north. It's a possibility.

What annoys me is people like you who think they understand our football team better than the coaches who lead, observe, and analyze our players on a daily basis.

So you don't think players can perform better in practice than they do in a game? Green might be one of the kids that performs better in games than he does in practice, but I guess we'll never know.

didn't you know that they grade them in game performance also?

green was graded for his TT performance as well as practice.

and they still started lee.

tell ya something??

I promise you that Bo knows these players AND their abilities better than we do.

when Bo says green isn't ready, you either trust him or you don't.

Don't you think his grading would be more fair if he didn't come in down by 21 and everyone on the defense knowing that he's going to pass? Like Lee gets.

im just throwing this out there cuz i havent heard it yet, but does anyone remember the 96 season when everyone hated scott frost? i mean, i still remember that joke " what do farmers and nebraska fans have in common? they both dont want frost on their fields". we thought he was the worst qb ever and were clamoring for TO to take him out. but TO stuck to his guns and look what happened. scott frost shaped up and we won the national championship next year.

im not saying we'll win the NC next year or anything, but we need to have faith in what our coaches are telling us. yeah it sucks that we're losing. yeah i think zac lee sucks, but i trust in bo pelini. remember the signs we made against mich st? "bo knows". im gonna trust that he is leading us in the right direction. isnt that why we wanted him after cally got axed?

im just throwing this out there cuz i havent heard it yet, but does anyone remember the 96 season when everyone hated scott frost? i mean, i still remember that joke " what do farmers and nebraska fans have in common? they both dont want frost on their fields". we thought he was the worst qb ever and were clamoring for TO to take him out. but TO stuck to his guns and look what happened. scott frost shaped up and we won the national championship next year.

im not saying we'll win the NC next year or anything, but we need to have faith in what our coaches are telling us. yeah it sucks that we're losing. yeah i think zac lee sucks, but i trust in bo pelini. remember the signs we made against mich st? "bo knows". im gonna trust that he is leading us in the right direction. isnt that why we wanted him after cally got axed?

Tough to compare. Do you remember Frost's supporting cast, it was considerably better than this one and to tell you the truth I don't even remember who his back-up was. My suggestion is that to me Lee is no more ready for the position than Green is, so why not give Green 1 start.

"Because I am fairly sure that it was CALLAHAN's call as to who started at quarterback. Not Watson's."

You have no proof of that carlfense. Fairly sure? I'll put it better than that. Watson was the offensive coordinator when Nebraska choose Keller over Ganz and didn't even give Ganz a chance. I'm a little more than "fairly sure" about that. Many of us are "fairly sure" that Green needs some playing time. What are you all so scared of. That you may be wrong or that Green might throw 3 picks?

Uh huh. You think Callahan (who wouldn't even let Watson call plays for most of the season) lets his OC pick who starts? That's ridiculous. You have even less proof than I do.

And no. I am not scared of Green. I've said in this thread several times that I would give him a shot.

What are you so scared of? That the coaches know more than you do?

I never stated that I know more than the coaches. I questioned why his redshirt was burned for mopup duty and not given a chance when it is obvious that the offense needs a spark. He should have had a shot last weekend. And as to your smart assed remark about knowing more than the coaches please reread my original post in this thread. Discussing something with you is starting to be a waste of time.

It's cute how you complain about my "smart a$$ed remark" when it is a rephrased version of your own words. You said that people who support the coaches decision to start Lee are probably more scared of being wrong than they are of losing a game. That statement alone justifies my remark. But whatever. Clearly you see something in Cody Green that these coaches are missing. <_<

What annoys me is people like you who think they understand our football team better than the coaches who lead, observe, and analyze our players on a daily basis.

So you don't think players can perform better in practice than they do in a game? Green might be one of the kids that performs better in games than he does in practice, but I guess we'll never know.

didn't you know that they grade them in game performance also?

green was graded for his TT performance as well as practice.

and they still started lee.

tell ya something??

I promise you that Bo knows these players AND their abilities better than we do.

when Bo says green isn't ready, you either trust him or you don't.

Don't you think his grading would be more fair if he didn't come in down by 21 and everyone on the defense knowing that he's going to pass? Like Lee gets.

sorry.

that's the life of a backup in any program.

that's why spring is so important. you have your best chance to take the job. and green couldn't.

now he has to grade better in practice and make the most of evey snap he gets in a game.

again, that's the life of a second string qb.

I agree that we do not have the knowledge or experience that the coaches do. I also doubt that anything Griffin has to say is any more informed. What many of us are questioning is why burn a redshirt on someone that is now evidently not qualified to run the offense except for mop up duty? That doesn't make much sense. Many of us were assuming or led to believe that we would see a lot more of Green based on the redshirt issue. I also need to remind many of you that we spent almost an entire season watching Keller play all year with barely a glimpse of Ganz as the offense struggled at times. Enter Ganz due to injury and............ you know the rest of the story. At that time we as fans also were not as informed or as knowledable as someone like Watson. Hindsight is always 20/20 and it's pretty easy to sit in the recliner and think one knows better. But I'm starting to have some doubts and questions about the current coaching staff's decisions much as many on this board and throughout Nebraska have. Just remember that those that are calling for Green to play are not any less knowledgeable or less of a fan than those that are thinking we should stay the course with Lee.

The Keller/Ganz thing is probably not exactly relevant. Callahan was calling the shots then. Bo and Watson are calling the shots now.

What?? How is it NOT relevant? Its the same OC that Bo claims to have complete confidence in and pretty much runs all the aspects of the offense.. including pt. Also, Keller and Lee are very very similar in they way they play.. love the check down, can't throw across the middle, and overrated running ability.

Because I am fairly sure that it was CALLAHAN's call as to who started at quarterback. Not Watson's.

Also, just because Keller and Lee play similarly that in no way hints that Green is the second coming of Joe Ganz. I sure hope he is though . . . .

Here's a scary thought . . . as bad as Lee looks . . . Green could be worse.

Green be worse? LOL I don't that's even possible.

I agree that we do not have the knowledge or experience that the coaches do. I also doubt that anything Griffin has to say is any more informed. What many of us are questioning is why burn a redshirt on someone that is now evidently not qualified to run the offense except for mop up duty? That doesn't make much sense. Many of us were assuming or led to believe that we would see a lot more of Green based on the redshirt issue. I also need to remind many of you that we spent almost an entire season watching Keller play all year with barely a glimpse of Ganz as the offense struggled at times. Enter Ganz due to injury and............ you know the rest of the story. At that time we as fans also were not as informed or as knowledable as someone like Watson. Hindsight is always 20/20 and it's pretty easy to sit in the recliner and think one knows better. But I'm starting to have some doubts and questions about the current coaching staff's decisions much as many on this board and throughout Nebraska have. Just remember that those that are calling for Green to play are not any less knowledgeable or less of a fan than those that are thinking we should stay the course with Lee.

The Keller/Ganz thing is probably not exactly relevant. Callahan was calling the shots then. Bo and Watson are calling the shots now.

What?? How is it NOT relevant? Its the same OC that Bo claims to have complete confidence in and pretty much runs all the aspects of the offense.. including pt. Also, Keller and Lee are very very similar in they way they play.. love the check down, can't throw across the middle, and overrated running ability.

Because I am fairly sure that it was CALLAHAN's call as to who started at quarterback. Not Watson's.

Also, just because Keller and Lee play similarly that in no way hints that Green is the second coming of Joe Ganz. I sure hope he is though . . . .

Here's a scary thought . . . as bad as Lee looks . . . Green could be worse.

Green be worse? LOL I don't that's even possible.

Well apparently were not going to get the chance to find out.

You should be annoyed. Green should have started against ISU. He wouldn't be no. 2 so quickly, if he stunk. He may have surprised the coaches and rallied the team. We could have seen if starting someone else took pressure off of Lee. If Green played poorly, that probably would have been the case. Also, if Green played badly, the fans could shut up about Green's lack of playing time and we could all rally around Lee. The way it was handled just causes the frustration to build even more. If our freshmen can't learn a package of plays to run the offense, then we should have recruited Tiller, not Green.

You should be annoyed. Green should have started against ISU. He wouldn't be no. 2 so quickly, if he stunk. He may have surprised the coaches and rallied the team. We could have seen if starting someone else took pressure off of Lee. If Green played poorly, that probably would have been the case. Also, if Green played badly, the fans could shut up about Green's lack of playing time and we could all rally around Lee. The way it was handled just causes the frustration to build even more. If our freshmen can't learn a package of plays to run the offense, then we should have recruited Tiller, not Green.

:yeah

Except Green now knows 260 plays as of Monday last week.. However, it isn't the whole 320-all-look-a-like-every-snap-Watson-package so he doesn't get the snaps.

At this point, execution > utility.

I would take 25 plays if we could consistently get yards and points from them. Hell, I think we'd even take field goals at this point.. :facepalm: