POSTGAME reaction

epocSoN

Now it's way beyond koolaid needed to think that this team is going to win a close defensive struggle with Oklahoma, win the north and beat Texas in the title game and go to a BCS bowl. We may well now win another game. This is about NEXT YEAR now and keeping this team from falling totally apart.

That's a pretty pessimistic viewpoint of it. You're going from the extreme of unreasonably high expectations --> the extreme of unreasonably low expectations. There's a happy middle ground somewhere in there...

I'm amazed at Watson. It's like if a play works well, he never comes back to it. In first half Green rolls out on a naked bootleg and hits the fullback in the flat for a great pickup. Do we see it again? Nope. We get 9 yards on first down, then our O-Line gets blown up on 2 ISO's into the middle of the line on consecutive possessions. Green made mistakes you would expect from a true freshman starting, but also made plays with his feet that Lee would have never made. I just wish this wasn't his only meaningful play right before OU comes to town. We're gonna have to score on defense next week, we may not on O unless it's via Henry's foot.

I agree with this post. I keep wondering why we don't mix up the offense more. It seems like we either run three in a row or pass three in a row... and there is no misdirection or anything. I was watching Florida for a few minutes, and they're offense is a pleasure to watch. Ours just makes me sick to my stomach. I really don't know whom to blame. As someone said, Watson has had several successful offensive seasons here, so can we really think that he's lost his touch?

I would like to be in the room when they dissect game tapes... are receivers ever open in the middle? Can we ever "fake" one of those stupid screens and throw it deep? Can we do a play action to the tight end ever?

Ah well... Green did well for his first start. Only one interception? That's better than I thought it would be. That fumble was vomit, however.

1. Green did exactly what I expected him to (the pick was a new guy mistake) keep him he is the future and made for what we run take out his keep & runs and we would have lost this game too

2 watson 1st half played with balls, second half I think he backed off and played well..... Baylor knew exactly what we were going to do. I think what some are seeing as O-line shortfalls are just predictable play calling. (BTW Justin Blatchford is from my hometown & good friends with my little brother go Ponca boys!!!!!)*Name Drop*

3 receivers Made youngster mistakes not bonehead ones........... still about par

4 O-line down from last week but still better than previous games

5 defending the pass we really need to step up there it has been our week spot for the past few years everyone knows it and expect to see it used against us for the rest of the year.

And macro.........You know Robocop and Robo Jr. huh? lmao

just got done watching the game on dvr and haven't read any posts about the game but:

--our d backs still do not look for the ball

--there is a major problem with either our o line or our backs hitting the hole

--green is not the answer if you want immediate results

--our wideouts are below average

--our d line are studs

--so is dillard and asante

--gomes is good but looks like he's not going all out sometimes

--west shouldn't be in the game

--o'hanlon's name is not thorell

and the biggest thing----- whether it's green or lee, why don't we throw the ball over the middle. i'm tired of the 20 yard throws to the sideline for gains of 2 or 3 yards. if they can throw to the sideline, they can throw the ball over the middle for 15 or 20 yards

For a first time start by a freshman Green did pretty well. He'll get better. I hate those sideline passes. Big risk for a short gain............. and a pic six.

Watson's still struggling to find something that works.

The receivers are much as the qb with the new players. Nice catch by Paul and a nice throw by Green in the first half to lead to a score.

The o line is terrible. It gets real evident without an elusive back.

just got done watching the game on dvr and haven't read any posts about the game but:

--our d backs still do not look for the ball

--there is a major problem with either our o line or our backs hitting the hole

--green is not the answer if you want immediate results

--our wideouts are below average

--our d line are studs

--so is dillard and asante

--gomes is good but looks like he's not going all out sometimes

--west shouldn't be in the game

--o'hanlon's name is not thorell

and the biggest thing----- whether it's green or lee, why don't we throw the ball over the middle. i'm tired of the 20 yard throws to the sideline for gains of 2 or 3 yards. if they can throw to the sideline, they can throw the ball over the middle for 15 or 20 yards

Amen, why we don't run more slants absolutely blows my mind. Cooper and Niles can catch them, and they might even be able to break one every once in a while.

No freakouts please... What are your reactions to this win?

1. Still think Green is a good starter? neither QB seems to be outstanding

2. Watson... improved or not? Same. same guy that won 9 games last year, same offense, just different players. offensive players aren't as good as last year. hence worse results.

3. Receivers improved? nope

4. O-line, better or worse? still subpar. see #2.

JMO.

lucky to win this one.

BU had more 1st downs, total yards and TOP.

luckily NU got t/o in the end zone

but luck counts too. :)

No freakouts please... What are your reactions to this win?

1. Still think Green is a good starter?

2. Watson... improved or not?

3. Receivers improved?

4. O-line, better or worse?

The guys on TV said Baylor probably should have won the game...

I would agree with them.

but luckily Baylor didn't and there is another W in the win column. :)

Green did a good job for his first start. He was under control and played a smart game for the most part. I think he'll get a lot better with experience. Watson had a brain hemmorage that caused him to call that pass to the sideline that has about a 50% chance of getting picked, 60% chance of getting your receiver blasted, and 99% chance of getting 2 yards if completed. Sometimes I wonder...

I think the injury problem is a lot worse than they're letting on...we're down to 4th and 5th string RB's. The linemen who consistently jump or hold on crucial plays need to be benched...it always seems to be the same guys.

I think we might also have a problem playing so many new guys because it limits the number of plays you can expect to succesfully run. We didn't score in the 2nd half, but we didn't give the game away either.

Except for the defensive line that played pretty good, the defense was not great today. We could've had 4 picks if the d-backs had been paying attention....not their best day by far.

Uninspired. Green did okay for a freshman. Helu is a shadow of his former self. No superstars on offense. Oklahoma is going to have its way, not because the defense is bad but because our defense will be on the field all day. Plus we don't have the speed on defense to keep up with the Sooner passing game.

In the first half I was thinking Baylor should not even be in the Big 12 conference. Empty seats in the stadium, no offense, no history of winning, etc etc. But Bo nearly got outcoached today. Baylor had more imaginative plays on offense and was able to keep Suh out of most plays.

I just hate to think what will happen next week.

I don't think it's fair to say that Bo "almost" got outcoached. The d played up to par and the offense stunk. The d is his, and the o is Watson's.

Also they didn't keep Suh out of they plays, most of the game he wasn't rushing the backfield and playing the spy.